Author Topic: NACA 66 Special A/BGS  (Read 596378 times)

Offline Freud

Re: NACA 66 Special A/BGS
« Reply #1005 on: January 27, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »
Marvelous car.

MARVELOUS PEOPLE.

Perfect windshield also.

Welcome to the West.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline bbarn

« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
Had an awesome time at the GNRS. It was great to get to meet and talk with people. What was really interesting is that there was plenty of time to chat since nobody was rushing to wrench on their stuff - unlike when we are at the salt.

Here's a couple of notable pics that I took.

We were "pit'd" next to Marlo and the Target 550 crew. Somehow this guy slipped security and performed some espionage against us!

I didn't get a picture of Ed Shadle when he sat in the car, but shortly thereafter, Jessi came by. She said it wasn't fair that Ed got to sit in it and she didn't so we rectified that condition for her.

Lizzy Leggett stopped by too.

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »

We were "pit'd" next to Marlo and the Target 550 crew. Somehow this guy slipped security and performed some espionage against us!

Where's security when you really need them??   :-D
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
He's standing right there!. :-D

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
At least he's got his clothes on.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »
He told me if his shoes hadn't been double knotted, he would have taken his clothes off when I closed the canopy. He was going to jump out like the girl from a birthday cake!
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1011 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »
bbarn I thought those pills I gave you would keep your mouth shut.

I failed again.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1012 on: January 31, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »
Rob,

It was nice to finally be able to meet you at the GNRS. Your car looks great and fast just sitting there. I will look you up at Bonneville.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1013 on: February 01, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
Rob,

It was nice to finally be able to meet you at the GNRS. Your car looks great and fast just sitting there. I will look you up at Bonneville.

Tom G.
It was great to finally meet you also. It a shame you could not join us for dinner but thank you very much for the contribution. We had STEAK!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1014 on: February 01, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
We left Southern California at noon on Monday and it was close to 80 degrees. Less than 36 hours later we drove through Ohio where it was -20 degrees. A full 100 degree swing. Ouch!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1015 on: February 01, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »
Rob and crew it was great to meet all of you at the RS. Your car drew a good crowd. Very impressive build, the salt it next. see you there. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1016 on: February 01, 2014, 11:25:47 PM »
Rob,

Tom G.

It was great to finally meet you also. It a shame you could not join us for dinner but thank you very much for the contribution. We had STEAK!

Your welcome and I am glad you had steak, I hope it was good. Thanks for bringing the car out for all of us to see. Next time we will have dinner.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #1017 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
Was down at the GNRS and the car looked great. Didn't get a chance to meet you because every time I went by you had a huge crowd around! When I first walked up I was a little speachless as I was looking at someone STANDING on the back of the car! I get pissed when people want to just touch paint stuff I've done, so that put me a bit over the edge! Other than that, the car is pretty freakin' cool!

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #1018 on: February 10, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
Seriously??  Standing on the back of the car?!?!?!  :-o  I think I would have come unglued even if it wasn't my car.  That shows absolutely no respect for other peoples property.  :x
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #1019 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
Rear wing will get repainted after intersection fairing are done.Demonstrating strength of composite work more important than looks at show. Texture of paint seemed to hide all shoe marks 100% so far. Did not want to chance a model in spike heeled shoes though. That might be bad. I wish you made the effort to introduce yourself though. Unless I was talking to a potential sponsor, Landracing members are always more important.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com