Author Topic: NACA 66 Special A/BGS  (Read 596388 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: NACA 66 Special A/BGS
« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2013, 02:22:42 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #766 on: August 21, 2013, 01:05:34 AM »
We still are planning on taking this car to WOS.
What differences can we expect from the experience different than a SCTA experience. Any rules differences? Different tech forms? Etc?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: August 21, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »
should be almost seamless--just not as big a crowd---lots of the same faces  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #768 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »
Its a great event, we went last year.  Since you have a new car it may be a bit more challenging at first but the actual running of the event is great. Dan still runs impound so that is nice... As said before, many of the same people...

Offline bbarn

« Reply #769 on: August 23, 2013, 02:48:22 PM »
We haven't posted in a while, mostly because we have been busy! Our FB page gets updated more often since it is just easier to do in a short period of time. If you don't have a facebook account, you can still view our page if you wish since it is a public page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbinite-LSR/115785421856394

Also feel free to track-back on the links below to our photobucket page, I just loaded up a stack of photos. Some good, some not so good, but there are some additional build photos there. Hopefully we can go back and update an entire timeline of the build, but you know how that goes.

It is looking good that we will be ready for WOS, hopefully the weather is going to be cooperative. 

Otherwise, here's a couple of more recent shots to let you see what we've been doing.

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline bbarn

« Reply #770 on: August 23, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #771 on: August 23, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
Rob, you already know about my love affair with this car!

Good luck at WOS! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline MattGuzzetta

« Reply #772 on: August 23, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »
Wow, such a nice liner!  I have been following your build since you started posting the Solidworks (?) drawings.  That is a monster program I have been lucky to work with for som 15 years or so.  It allows much better packaging if you get the parts drawn accurately!
Keep the info coming, both here and on facebook, it is like hanging out in a buds garage.
Great work, hope the weather holds for the runs this year.  :-D

Matt Guzzetta

Offline Freud

« Reply #773 on: August 24, 2013, 12:07:44 AM »
Matt, have you replaced your rawhide strings yet?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #774 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:51 AM »
Car is finally on trailer. Long distance transportation mounts are just about finalized.

496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #775 on: August 30, 2013, 02:17:38 AM »
This time I will find You.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline JimL

« Reply #776 on: August 30, 2013, 02:38:42 AM »
Nice crane setup and bolt down.  Good to see the rubber mounting.  We had trouble securing a long mod roadster because the trailers flex more than the race car, and locating points change length on segmented highways.

Planning a new trailer myself for the next build.  I use doubled snatch blocks, currently, to slow down the action during alignment.  Will go 4-part reduction next due to lift battery drains too fast when winch slows down, but runs forever when its not.

Beautiful car and concepts! :cheers:

P.s.  Drown the winch cable in LPS3 before you get on the salt.  The stranded wire does capillary action from salt anywhere on the cable and any moisture at all.  The corrosion goes all the way to the drum overnite.  I also need to LPS1 the heavy wires to the winch next time...same problem with stranded copper wire.  Thats why my ocean sailboats had solid copper wiring.  Hope this helps save you money.

Also, if you unload on a slope or trailer unlevel you need a cheater bar off the back of crane post so guys can control the swing.  I often have a ratchet rope rigged if it looks spooky, to keep it from getting away.

JimL
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:54:28 AM by JimL »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #777 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:45 AM »
a JAW dropping WOW!!!!!!!!!   :-D  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #778 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »
Nice travel mounts, well thought out. see you in a few days. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #779 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
Rob,

Nice work and well thought out. I hope you have a successful maiden voyage.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.