Author Topic: NACA 66 Special A/BGS  (Read 598887 times)

Offline racergeo

Re: NACA 66 Special A/BGS
« Reply #465 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »
     WOW!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: December 15, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
WOW is Right X 3
 :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
Rob, can you post a shot of those "struts" going out to the axle tubes

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2012, 10:45:01 PM »
Rob, can you post a shot of those "struts" going out to the axle tubes

The struts under the axle or the big ones seen in the top view?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2012, 11:35:46 PM »
Are you just going to make us beg  :roll: ---of course we want to see them all   :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #470 on: December 16, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
Doing stuff with the scouts today but I should be able to post pics of the struts tonight.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #471 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:18 PM »
Here are the picks of the rear end braces. Bottom brace will be about 3" shorter.

496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #472 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
Spectacular Quality.

Congratulations.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #473 on: December 19, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
Thanks Rob!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #474 on: December 22, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »
Got the pulleys for the front of the engine installed today. We used HTD belts and pulleys for both water and oil pumps.
We still need to finalize the oil pump mounting but it is 90% there.
Big thanks to Chris Jones at Jones Racing Supply. If you ever need to dress the front of a race engine, look no further. This guy knows his business which is supplying every pump, alternator, pulley, belt etc. that you will need to finish out the front of your precious race engine. There is something to be said for spending a little extra money to get supplies from a vendor that really knows his stuff.
This may sound like endorsement for a sponsor. It is not. I paid full price. Did not even ask for a discount.
This is the second time I have used him to dress the front of an engine and the second time that everything fit exactly like it was supposed to. Yeee Haaaa! Another major thing crossed off our list.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #475 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:38 AM »
We also got the bottom plate tacked to the bottom of the aft parachute box / stinger. It was a critical thing to get right as it keeps the stinger in alignment with rest of the chassis. The floor of the this parachute box is .25"  thick mild steel with a 6" radius rolled into it. The chute box is not just a sheet metal part to store the chute but also a structural part of the rear chassis / body mount / push bar.
On another note: Brandon and Chis made great progress on the wiring and switches are already starting to work.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Blue

« Reply #476 on: December 22, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »
I hope the picture of John and Ray standing next to the car can settle some of the early concerns we heard about how "big" our frontal area was going to be.  The neatest thing about using the 66 section for the body is how roomy the cage is.  Decent room for padding and getting my oversize frame in and out.  Main body is done, working on the wing, the spar and carry through will be carbon so we load the wheels and not the diff.  A second big project is going on and I'll try to get pictures to Rob and a description of how we're doing it.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
This is such a wonderful build---to show what "INTERGRATION" of components can bring to the table--many of Robs  parts have multiple structure functions and in some case, pieces & parts  of multiple functions. 

For example little of my car has multiple functions---ie my chute cans fit inside of an external frame, ect ect----so much to learn from these various builds--- :cheers:  :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:30:14 PM by SPARKY »

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #478 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »
Hoping Santa brings us a crap load of #12 fittings and a few #16s for our dry sump system. Don't know what bank I'm going to Robb if he doesn't. Individually they are really not that expensive but we just need so many of them. Lol!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #479 on: December 24, 2012, 11:27:50 PM »
16s are fairly cheap on ebay used nt many use them