Author Topic: New user picture post  (Read 10304 times)

landracing

New user picture post
« on: December 14, 2005, 01:20:13 AM »
Ok I had to add another picture post which I have been thinking about doing for some time. This new pictures post has alot of new features that the other outdated doesn't. One problem I had in the past, was editing the database from foul language or improper pictures. The last time I did this it corrupted the database and it took me forever to get back online. This new posting system is much better and editing is easy.
Other features of this user picture post is: you can send an e-card of picture, voting system, random pictures, add comments to pictures,  top 10 pictures by votes, top 10 pictures by rating, top 10 pictures by hits, top 10 pictures by download and much more. I have added four catagories to add pictures. If someone thinks of a need for more please let me know. And also lets the user a little control over the picture and comments.

Anybody can get on and submit photo's. Registered users have a few more options. Registered users can vote, send e cards, post comments and download photos. Unregistered users cannot do this, but they can post pictures.

Posting pictures is easy once you have done it once. The most important thing to do is first select the category, then on the upper right there will be an upload button.

Have fun.
NEW PICTURE POST

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
New user picture post
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 01:13:24 PM »
I would like to be able to right click and save a pix. for instance I have a folder of sidecars I have been saving for years I use them for reference and would like to save the Bakker sidecar pix but cant. do ya think you could nake it so that registered users can steal the pix?
kr

landracing

New user picture post
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:28:32 PM »
Becarefull of what you wish for. Right click is disabled for a reason... Second is yes a Registered user can save the picture. Below the picture there is a "Download" button.... I dont think anybody has any issues with that. Anyways the size of photos for the internet are not good enough to do anything with except look at... So there you go.

Jon

JohnR

New user picture post
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
hey! where did the propster pics go!

You're not trying to hold the man down are you?

LittleLiner

New user picture post
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:02:02 PM »
I don?t know about Apple but with regular PCs you can capture an image off the Internet even when the software doesn?t want you to do it.  If you can see it, you can copy it . . . .  

Most of you already know this - but . . .

Find the image on the Internet you want to copy.  With the photo showing in the active browser window on the screen, hold down the  <Alt> key and hit the <PrtScn> key.    The image of the window is now saved in your clipboard.

At this point you can 'paste' the image into almost any application that will allow the pasting of images.  However you will get an image of the entire window.  If you want to just get the actual photo image without all the other garbage you should use Paint.

Open the Paint program (Start / All Programs / Accessories / Paint).  In the Paint program select Edit and Paste.  The image of the browser widow that was on your screen will appear on the Paint screen.    Go to the tools on the left side of the Paint screen and use the ?select? tool (looks like a rectangle drawn with dotted lines).  Move the mouse to the upper left corner of the image you want to lift from the screen print. Press and hold the left mouse button and drag the mouse down and right to the lower right corner of the image you want to copy.  You should see a dotted line surrounding the part of the photo you want to capture.  Release the mouse button.  Open the Edit pull down menu and click on Copy.  Now open some other application where you can copy the image (Word, PowerPoint, whatever).  Paste the image into the other application and save the file.  

Remember to respect copyrights.  The quality of the image you get this way won?t be all that great that you can get rich copying it anyway but it is perfectly good for your own personal viewing.

[/img]

landracing

New user picture post
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »
OK this new system has been great so far. From a administrator point of view. I was able to upload and keep all the 150 images from the past picture post, AND bring back pictures from the image post crash two years ago. I was able to upload them all, create thumbnails for them all and get them back online. So we now have over 500 user images online. I hope to get them all in correct catagory but for now they are all listed in the Old Picture Post album.  
I was also able to batch resize the images, so now no worries on having too big a picture, I can now batch resize all images which is now 5 secs of time instead of lengthy times to find, download, resize, upload etc etc.

Keep them coming.

Jon

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
New user picture post
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:10:10 AM »
They seem to be sorted now alphabetically rather than chronologically.. Whats with that ? also the comments are all gone so while you have the pic you lose the comment on all the old ones.

Dave

landracing

New user picture post
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 10:15:20 AM »
Dave,

you are correct. One thing is the settings now will list them by date submitted, which I have just set. SO all images submitted now will be by date. However for the images that were just added they will be by yesterdays date.. I plan to go thru as many of the images as I can and add the comments to the pictures all 547 of them. Very time consuming so bear with me. As for the date submitted, well we are SOL.

Jon

dad land

picture post
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 11:12:05 AM »
Quote from: John Romero
hey! where did the propster pics go!

You're not trying to hold the man down are you?

Fr's  secret weapon that would put us all back into the dark ages.

me.I'm just using a piston and push rods so living in the dark age of hot rods. and the only thing with propellers i will ride in/on has wings.....oh my gawd..DON'T PUT WINGS ON IT!
dad

Offline 1212FBGS

New user picture post
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 01:43:45 PM »
hey Jon
the download button is not active. I tried to log in with my current password stuff and no go. do I have to create new password stuff or whats up?

landracing

New user picture post
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
hey Jon
the download button is not active. I tried to log in with my current password stuff and no go. do I have to create new password stuff or whats up?

Kent,

I do not show you are registered. Did you get an email confirmation when you signed up??? I do not even show you in the non-activated list.

Try registering again cause I do not see you on the user list....

After you register there will be an email sent to you, you must click on the link to activate your account...

Jon

Offline don pennington

• Cool Old Decals
    • http://www.hotrodmotors.com
New user picture post
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 06:36:57 PM »
Jon- Your new picture thing is cool. Enjoyed looking around and putting up some comments. One thing I found a little clumsy... lets say you are on page 10 of a photo group and post a comment. Then you want to go back to page 10 and continue looking. When you click on the photo group title in the title bar, you go back to page one of the group instead of the page 10. To get back to page 10 you have to go to the bottom of the page, click on the biggest number shown (usually page 5) then go to the bottom of that page to find page 10 and click on that... or enter the number ten in the address line at the top of the page.   :shock:
Old style water decals
www.hotrodmotors.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
new user
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 08:42:17 PM »
Kent's problem is he is still using a crayon, try the Keybord Kent it works better. Old bikers need help.LOL
Yer pal Glen!!!
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 1212FBGS

New user picture post
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 06:43:34 PM »
hey crayons are cool!!!! and some of them taste good 2
kr