Author Topic: Salt Cat  (Read 27541 times)

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: Salt Cat
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »
I'll definitely stop by. I would have at WOS but was working patrol and by the time I got done every day, everyone was pretty much gone. Wayno

Offline desotoman

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
Saltcat team,

I wish you all the best, and hope you go faster than you did at Speedweek.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »
Good for you. Your better men than I. If it was me I would limit my entry money to the USFRA after that deal. Oh wait. That's what I was doing. Oh well, go fast, be safe, have fun.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 12:26:33 AM »
Great news!

Will be watching with great interest but sadly from afar.

All the best, Go Go!

Ed

Offline jl222

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 12:59:02 AM »
You should get a gift certificate from SCTA for when you change class.
Best of luck :cheers:

They should get a gift certificate for their entry as well :-P

JL222

Offline collis

• New folks
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
good luck, go fast, and be safe!
Mike

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Man, there's no quit in these "cats".   :cheers:   Here's hoping you bring home all the records they have to offer.

Good luck and go FAST!!!
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline saltcatracing

• New folks
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
For those wanting to read our "play-by-play" results during World Finals, we will be updating nightly on our Facebook page (Salt Cat Racing).  It has pictures and videos of our various block/head combination(s), etc..

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »
    We are going to pull the motor tomorrow morning and freshen it up so that we can make some strong runs next week. What the Hell, we've got a whole week 'til we leave, and at WOS, we didn't get the motor back in until Saturday morning, and left on Monday. Every time we lift one of those behemoth parts, we both say at the same time: We should have built a Crosley. As long as we can still lift the big iron parts, we will keep running the "Old Girl". Hope to see every body in about a week.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2010, 02:44:32 PM »
And Nancy and I will be at WF to watch you and shoot the breeze -- just like at WoS.  Probably won't get into impound, though -- we've beenoffered rides on a GSXR 1000 Suzuki bike that doesn't have nearly enough power to have a chance at a record -- butwhat the heck, it'll be seat time and it's always fun just to ridethe long course.  No big crowds expected -- so we won't hold up the "real" racers while we're out getting our jollies.

C U on the Salt!!! :lol: :lol: :-D :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »
I'll definitely stop by. I would have at WOS but was working patrol and by the time I got done every day, everyone was pretty much gone. Wayno
Actually, I did stop by briefly and comment on the "Cruiserline Ventiports" on your Jeep. Wayno

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
This reminds me of arguments I had with IRS back in the 1980's..

You receive one answer from an IRS agent.  You go back to the office at a later date to learn  that answer you were given 2 weeks earlier  was wrong and you receive more $ penalties even though you followed what the previous IRS agent told you.
IRS or DMV ? Same Same,  I got two different answers from the SAME person, six months apart !

Hey Gang , I'll Be there to  , get in your way, drink your beer, make even more annoying remarks,  Hey we're here to help !
Salt Junkie

Offline saltcatracing

• New folks
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »
We have a strict BYOB - we are not wishy-washy like the IRS or the DMV.  Although I DO recall the guys sharing beer on occasion!  I'll have to talk to them!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2010, 02:33:27 AM »
It looks like the committee got (sort of) over ruled here. 

From what I understand, the vintage engine committee found the head to be illegal for XO but being the nice guys that they are, the committee suggested to the board that even though the car was entered in the wrong class that their records be carried over to the correct class.  Keep in mind that this has NEVER been done before for ANY of the countless other incorrectly classed entries over the years.  The board decided to follow the precedence of not allowing cars to change class after the fact as if the car had magically ran in the correct class to begin with.  You have to physically run in the class to get the record.  No paper work racing.

So, . . . who is the final answer person on rules questions in SCTA?

At the highest level, the board is the final answer.  At the lowest level, the specific class committee.    

And what is the purpose of the various committees?

The various committees consist of volunteer members who are highly knowledgeable of the specific class or group they oversee.  The members are typically long term or highly involved participants of said class or group.  The committees provide guidance to participants as well as the board when situations like this arise.  Things like this are usually preventable when the right group of people are involved.

All of that aside, I think a valuable lesson can come out of this and going forward I hope it doesn't happen again.

Props to the Salt Cat guys for keeping their chin up and having a positive attitude.   
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline desotoman

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Nathan,

Thanks for the post. There are two sides to a story, even an unfortunate one. After reading your post it makes this unfortunate situation more clear. I am with you and hope something like this never happens again.

Tom G.

PS. I still think we need to address the rule book.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.