Author Topic: Top Speed Shootout 2010  (Read 367149 times)

Offline AJR192

Re: Top Speed Shootout 2010
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »
Hey Jon, when you see Terry and Cec in the morning please tell them that Wild Bill Madsen passed away today. Terry and Bill were fierce competitors on the oval track here and the intermountain west. They will certainly want to know. Thank you.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2010, 11:11:37 PM »
I have been out of pocket---in DFW--- of all places.  while Charles and all of the "Spirt of Rett"---is on the SALT  breaking a traditional HOT ROD Record--Congratulations to ALL who contributed to that Great Accomplishment.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:30 PM »
congratulations to the Nish crew for a new personal best---

it is a small group who have been over 4 -- record or not.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Mr411Fan

« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
Richard 2     Burklands streamliner wieghs 4200lbs with driver no fuel or water, but with around 100 gallons of water/fuel that puts the wieght around 5000lbs ready to roll.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
I just got home home and I'm rather beat but, Lands End Linda wanted me to tell everyone a great big "HI" from her.  :cheers: And she means it. Wayno

saltfever

« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2010, 02:07:23 AM »
As for webcams, c'mon, you know how boring it is to see a pit - much of the time.  . . .  Would it be worth the bother to have it? Remember that it'd be pretty much unattended.

Agree. However, a cam in the tower focused on the timing computer screen with all of the data might be another story  . . . if it was allowed!

SSS. Outstanding job . . . many thanx.   :cheers:

Offline FIL

• Portal to a bunch of my sites
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »
I just got home home and I'm rather beat but, Lands End Linda wanted me to tell everyone a great big "HI" from her.  :cheers: And she means it. Wayno

I don't know who we bumped into without knowing it, and who we didn't... but I do know, everyone we encountered out on the salt was great to deal with... every time we got to Lands End, we breezed straight on through, barely stopping to get our passes checked... the start line crew were great to deal with, and it was really good to see how involved the starters are with the drivers, as far as checking belts and helmets, and passing on course info with regards to weather and track conditions...

Oh, and who could forget the girls selling the Shaved Ice... that definitely took the edge off the heat around mid afternoon... :)

So, from the Aussies in the big black Caddy (if anyone remembers it), thanks to all for making our Bonneville trip pretty damn amazing :)

Hopefully we'll see you all again soon...

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
Richard 2     Burklands streamliner wieghs 4200lbs with driver no fuel or water, but with around 100 gallons of water/fuel that puts the wieght around 5000lbs ready to roll.
Thanks Betty I stand corrected. I should of reread article.
Rick
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

landracing

« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
I think Im feeling crunch time in the area of Wendover, Utah right now, Three teams swapping motors and a Ack Attack itching to make a full power pass.      Slim you out there??????

Wasn't there an 8 O'Clock tow down to the line by Ack???

JonAmo

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Well, Jon -- and all of you out there in the Peanut Gallery -- Yes, the call for Ack thgis morning was 8AM local time.

But -- 8 has come and gone, and there's no chance of a run in the next hour.  The Ack bike is in the pit, sans bodywork, and not a whole heck of a lot of scrambling going on around it right now.  Maybe another hour - - -

Spectre finished the motor swap about 12.30 last night -- and Murph stayed with them the whole time and took photos.  He'll put the story on his blog and put a link to it on here so you can see what fun.

The Speed Demon's repaired rear end arrived in Wendover about 5 this morning, and the replacement turbo is forecast to land in SLC about 8, ride out here, and get installed.  They hope to be ready to run by 11.

Jack Rogers Realty is here today for some runs, with Steve Struck, our favorite hillbilly driver (his term, not my negative insinuation) ready to have some fun.  And the Heads Up Performance team is in their pit working on the bikes. 

It's a cool Salt Flats morning -- feels like about 55 degrees, but perfectly clear skies and very gentle winds.

Hey -- one engine is running on the Ack bike.  Good sounds, sounds good.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #445 on: September 23, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »
What does Jack Rogers run?

Offline mkilger

« Reply #446 on: September 23, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
a car like yours  :evil:  just not as fast #757
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:37:18 AM by mkilger »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #447 on: September 23, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
Is it the 757 Camaro?  If so that's two years in a row, for some reason I thought this was a shoot out between high speed liners?  Bikes and cars running, what is their cost to run?

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #448 on: September 23, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »
The old Fox, Christopherson and Dahl. Camaro..........
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline mkilger

« Reply #449 on: September 23, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
call Cook 951  278-4243  maybe a good time for you guys to break 300 Troy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:41:36 AM by mkilger »