Author Topic: Patrick Tone's #49  (Read 5710 times)

Offline jb2

Re: Patrick Tone's #49
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
I got the 100th!

Offline Geo

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
I'm in as #101!   :-D

Geo

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
I see on the website we one of the guys is accusing us of stuffing the ballot box...Well....What it is we want is to go and race there and will go if we get the most votes.

We know we will not be as competitive as the 2 track leaders from the 4 tracks included in the shoot out as we can't compete on the same par as the guys at Perris who have been running for years and have better setups; but we run every month as hard as we can (sometimes too hard) and have finished every race but 1 in the last year and a half.

This is also to thank all you fellow racers who stepped up and voted. This is what Patrick always wanted to do is run a dirt car. He started helping me in the garage when he was 5 years oud with our 40 Chevrolet and drove our roadster from the time he was 16. It was his idea to find an engine to go 200 and I teamed up with Joe Fontana so he could do it. The Red Hat was his dream and he got one first. It was payback for his years of help....and now so is this.

Once again thanks for your votes.....................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline k.h.

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »
Stuffing the ballot box?  Huh.  It's just that you have more friends than him.  Good luck on the track.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »
Today marks the end of the voting. I want thank all of you who voted thru Landracing. Currently the vote is at 235 which is unbelievable even looking at the other 5 tracks which are also sending drivers to this shootout on the Oct 29th. Others were lucky to make it into the 20's.

This Saturday I'm sure something will be said at the Perris track's drivers meeting; I told Patrick to blame his pit crew which consists of his partner Roch Courreges and me...We can take the heat. 

If any of you want to see what we are  doing Roch keeps every one informed on "car49" facebook page. There you can really see we are the amateurs with a lot to learn. Thanks again...........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline joea

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
Jimmy.....you have nothing to feel even abit uncomfortable about with respect to manner
in which you helped get to the next race...!!!!

..simply explaining the manner in which lsr folks were able to know of your endeavors
and the respect we have for the passion with which you both pursue dreams with...we
supported that wholeheartedly in the voting...will likely elicit a very humbling feeling from
those folks who didnt muster up the vote getting....

good on ya both...a father and son spending there time together on this earth as you do....its inspiring..!!

Joe :)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how things went. As Joe said, I don't see where anyone could have a problem with the votes. Unless they don't have any friends... Good Luck...  :cheers:
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »
It's Thursday nite and the car is loaded behind my truck. We are leaving at 9:00AM for Kings Speedway in Hanford. Our race is the last one on Friday nite. We are in the 16 car field. 13 are set and if some don't make it the locals will run to fill the field. We had to install another 4 speed and 2 new lower ball joints from our last race on October 6th. We will be on a different spec tire (the same ones modifieds run) which are new to us. The track is also a 3/8 mile where we run on a 1/2 mile. We are also planning on running their program on Saturday nite if Patrick can keep it together. Both families are going...

The whole weekend is for dirt Stock Cars. You can find out more and see Patricks name on the poster listed at this face book site:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/California-Dirt-Track-Super-Streets/172365102816?ref=nf

Hopefully I'll have some good stuff to write on Sunday

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »
Best of luck JD, to you and Patrick. We're looking forward to the results. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:36 AM »
Good luck!!!!     :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »
We are back....2 nights of qualifying and racing. Like I said above we were already in the shoot out, the last race for Friday night. All the cars came out on the front stretch and the drivers were interviewed and starting positions were drawn.  All 5 tracks were represented Patrick drew position # 2 outside pole. It was a 12 lap race and we ended up 9th. These guys were tough and we we lucky to come out with that ending.

Friday night other qualifying was a gas. We also signed up for the Western Dirt Nationals Super Stocks. 2 heats Friday night with the top 3 in each heat racing later that night for the starting line up on Saturday night race. Of course we were not in the top 3. That 6 car race was dynamite to watch. When we came in on Saturday afternoon a few had left and others showed up. We had an 8 lap qualifier to set the field for the 30 lap main behind the top 6. 30 laps, Patrick has only been in one 25 lap race. A total of 17 started the Main and we were starting at the rear. Didn't get lapped in the qualifier so we hoped with a few yellow flags and they way these guys drove it and he stayed out of trouble we could do pretty well...Patrick ended up 9th again.  There were 2 red flags a 5 yellows and we cause any of it.

That track was really rough coming into turn 3 and the only way to keep from bottoming out was to stay high and that's what Patrick did. We definitely need stiffer front shocks and will have them for Perris in 2 weeks out last race. The winner was paid $1500 we are guaranteed $75 for making the field we don't know how far they pay back.

We all had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
There were 2 red flags a 5 yellows and we cause any of it.

We DIDN'T cause any of it.............Sorry

Offline jl222

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 07:31:55 PM »
There were 2 red flags a 5 yellows and we cause any of it.

We DIDN'T cause any of it.............Sorry

We knew what you meant,sounds like fun and that track was rough last time I watched the sprint cars there.

JL222 :cheers: