Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3171431 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #525 on: November 25, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »
James,

Glad you are Ok and will mend properly..

J

Offline Freud

« Reply #526 on: November 25, 2008, 05:45:56 PM »
Doctor G:

If you had been riding prone your legs would have been above the impact point.

nmaD, why didn't you think of that. Get well faster.

Naked and Prone,

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:54:23 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
ABT laughter is the best medicine
« Reply #527 on: November 25, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
Thank you yeast and hop fans one and all but for some reason , I don't feel like drinking beer ...or eating chocolate....... Now take note that that didn't say fizzy drinks or anything with alcohol in it...so shut-up, fetch my sticks and get me that wottle of biskey.

The food in there was a book unto itself....I like my food and I like to cook so I have a bit of an interest in the subject , in short, out of each meal they specialized in making an offensive smell out of one of the items from the meal and infusing that smell through everything else with it.The acrid taste of burnt potato?.....yeah ,I'll have some of that in my dessert and while you're there can you put some in the half cooked scalloped potatoes just for nostalgia value. Gaseous broccoli ?, just a dash in my salad...oh , ok put it in the custard.....in the turkey? gee I didn't think of that...Pumpkin that smells like cow manure ? oh my....how do you do it you little devils?......, on everything thanks....and on the chicken too please ,and then can you dry the chicken out so it immediately grabs all the saliva out of my mouth like two whole dry weet-bix so I can't chew it , can't swallow it and CAN BARELY EVEN SPIT IT OUT!!....that was a bad experience.....needless to say I lost weight in there and it wasn't just the rapid muscle wastage from being bed bound ....some of my middle age spread ....ebbed.

When I was in the Golden Staph Hotel (hospital )I could read the forum but not post and every time I saw Fred's mention of COLONOSCOPY :-o :-o I had to laugh...my brother sent me a link to this blog by Aussie writer Jack Marx who is very good and irreverent, in it someone has posted an article by Dave Barry (US) about his colonoscopy experience .If like me you've had one then you'll laugh your a** off , if you haven't had one , go and get one because bum cancer is low on the preferred list of exit options , and then read it....

here is the whole blog,I'd suggest reading the whole lot however if you're in  a hurry the Dave Barry article is about 2/5 of the way down.....it's hilarious and right on the money....oh dread, cower and cringe..........
http://blogs.news.com.au/jackmarxlive/index.php/news/comments/gastronoscopy/

some time soon I'll get back to the shed and building  and preparing for next years meet.....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:02:29 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #528 on: November 25, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
Doctor G:

If you had been riding prone your legs would have been above the impact point.

nmaD, why didn't you think of that. Get well faster.

Naked and Prone,

FREUD
thing was Freud , I'd said to a few people ...."it was so quiet I could have ridden to supermarket in the nude and no-one would've seen me, speaking of which..don't listen to the Rev. he'll have no time spare in Utah....those nude Olympics are pretty busy affairs I hear...........and thanks JN , I will.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Freud

« Reply #529 on: November 25, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »
I just posted a CD of Cheer to you. Whatever time it takes to arrive should have you in the proper state to spend 10 - 12 hours looking at the images.

I don't tolerate any of your "down under" excuses. Just get recuperated. We may have to have you fellows fix our urine sterilizer in the Space Station since beer is too heavy to handle with the robotic arm the Canadians built for us.

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:00:23 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #530 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:49 PM »
Doesn't help when your mechanics throw away $100 000 tool kits...

Offline Geo

« Reply #531 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »
That was $300 of tools in a $9700 bag with shipping of $90,000 to make $100000.  I would ask for a replacement set to be sent to the station because of faulty tether design.  They also loose dutz fasteners on the salt during holiday.

I prefer a malt beverage.

Glad you are feeling better.  Wait for reality  :-o

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #532 on: November 27, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
Good to see you back and hope you the best,

Sum

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #533 on: November 27, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
Thanks Sum ( and anyone else who has posted)
Evelyn rang me when I was lounging around the morphine Meridian snacking on delights and generally making the most of the facilities and told me that you and yours had shown she and Bones a great old time when they went to BUB...even convincing Ol' Bones to go for a hike when Ev' told me he's a "walk shy lounger" .......one day one day........

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #534 on: November 27, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
Thanks Sum .................... .......one day one day........

Hey I look forward to that day, but don't forget I'm in the "old man" category, so you had better make it over here sooner vs. later.  Ruth and I are already making plans to be over there in 2010, so we can also do the Street Rod nationals also that takes place every other year,

Sum

Offline bones

« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2008, 01:55:58 AM »
Hey Doc
   Sum was easy to keep up with....he's old :-D I just set my personal ecu to fast and we did have a great time.Ev's hanging out to go back
   cheers Bones

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2008, 11:39:39 PM »
Hey Doc
   Sum was easy to keep up with....he's old :-D I just set my personal ecu to fast and we did have a great time.Ev's hanging out to go back
   cheers Bones

Excellent , now, aren't you supposed to be out in the shed......I hear the 'liner is going to be adapted for the jixer motor that is in the jixer that you're building for the boss......she gave me all the goss......sounds like a good idea to me...that old three pot piston cooker ( no offence stevie)would just be a hassle in a liner ....and there's a whole cast of people writing off nice fresh jixers as a source of motors.......is it a thou or a seben-fiddy?

And of course I'd forgotten you'd gone to electronic ignition.....no dizzy spells anymore :-D :-D....sorry couldn't help meself there.....

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the letters, very touched.

Got a new plaster on it....they won't remove it for another FIVE WEEKS, that was a bit of a shock....put in a mile on the crutches on Tuesday....upper body strength is building fast....hoping to get back to work on Monday week , fortunately I have a very accommodating boss.

Once again thanks everyone for the support it is much appreciated.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »
What is up with you 2?????????????
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #539 on: January 07, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »
Thanks Sparky for the question, answer: I have been in hospital for most of the Christmas break. Nothing wrong with me it's everyone else who is getting crushed by something!

First Dr G get's collected by a car, then my next door neighbour split his thumb with a hydraulic log splitter (lengthwise... ouch!!) then on Christmas day my mother-in-law decides to have a stroke. All pretty much better now but somewhat scarred.

So hopefully now that they all are out we can move on some work, except I am going to the States for two weeks starting this weekend, visiting Sumner (hi Sum!), and then afterwards we can finish this puppy!

Our chalkboard (pictured previously) now has the item of properly secure fire extinguisher ticked off. Apparently the original pipe clip retainers will soon not be legal for us and so we have built a stronger 3mm steel bracket to secure them.

We now have the pipework servicing the engine block, the fuel tank (right at the back of the car) and the heads plumbed. I have fashioned a billet (eek!) bracket for mounting a jet for the face which is our final one to be rigged. All bottles have been supplied by Cold Fire who makes a product that is colourless and suitable for use on the salt and National park and Aboriginal property.

This year the car will be ready again to go with the items to be completed being:

• Need to refix seatbelt seats after making lower seat
    Need to wire up tacho (Colonel!)
    Need to align wheels
    Need to paint appropriate signage on the car

The bodywork tidy up will again be rough, but hopefully a step ahead of its last outing at Mangalore. Gees where does a year and a bit  go?

The good old staff truck will also need a tidy up, the old ChevC30 motorhome had some dork break the driver's window and it needs some new tyres (this truck just seems to eat them...). It will be important to have some decent accomodation as the LAdy 'Gash will be seven months pregnant.  (We know it's a girl so I am think Formula One, start her off in carting at the farm as soon as possible then work up...)

Looking forward to seeing some snow over there before heading back to the desert over here (weather permitting!!!)

rev H+