Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3183490 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #5205 on: September 28, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »
Comments on Greek Couplers as lovers----I bought a non-broached one from Mark Williams broached it sent it back to them for heat treatment--no extra cost other than the shipping all 3 ways.  I don't know about the kissing part but they mate up just fine!  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5206 on: September 28, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »
It's unusual to have a big Cyclone build in the southern ocean like that, looks like the eye is headed right at Adelaide, hang on to your hats guys!! It's likely to pull a lot of rain up to Lake Gairdner too.
  Sid.

Offline salt27

« Reply #5207 on: October 15, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »
It's been awfully quiet on this thread.

I suspect the work on the Spirit of Sunshine is so intense that there is no time for posting.    :roll:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5208 on: October 15, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »
I hear they've been partying again . . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=76LbvnoIDkE
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #5209 on: October 15, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
Stan:

That's a master piece!
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5210 on: October 15, 2016, 08:04:07 PM »
Don't blame me -- I got it from them.

(Only thing on my desktop.  If I get down, I give it a play.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5211 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »
Don't blame me -- I got it from them.

(Only thing on my desktop.  If I get down, I give it a play.)

Ha! I was having a beer with Nicky the guitar player just a week ago, lovely fella, all good people there. Graham Thomas the bass player ain't well though. It's a great song, Mark Ferrie has been in the house band of a very successful live TV show Rock Whiz for years now. He plays a bass made by my pal and neighbour Anthony at Harvester Guitars (Harvester as in Sunshine Harvester, like Spirit of Sunshine)....the world ain't that big....
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #5212 on: October 17, 2016, 07:11:38 AM »

I suspect the work on the Spirit of Sunshine is so intense that there is no time for posting.    :roll:

We are getting somewhere....

I need to stay away from here until you guys decide who you're having as your next President, OK, I'm gone........
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #5213 on: October 17, 2016, 07:14:20 AM »
It's unusual to have a big Cyclone build in the southern ocean like that, looks like the eye is headed right at Adelaide, hang on to your hats guys!! It's likely to pull a lot of rain up to Lake Gairdner too.
  Sid.

It has rained, and rained, and rained. I've seen more rain but I don't remember it ever raining so persistently.

If Gairdner.has had a "wash-on" like 06 it'll be buggered for a few years.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5214 on: October 17, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »

We are getting somewhere....

I need to stay away from here until you guys decide who you're having as your next President, OK, I'm gone........

Like it really matters who's running this thing, it's like shoving a new set of points in a bad engine, it might sound a little different but it still needs an engine.
  Sid.

Offline twodear

• Member of AAAA; Association Against Acronym Abuse
« Reply #5215 on: October 18, 2016, 03:23:07 AM »
I saw this somewhere and kept a copy of it because it is so relevant to politicians and politics in general.

If enough is good and more is better, too much should be just about right.
Motorcycle Enthusiast - Sold most of my bikes but still have a 1963 Honda 150 Benly and just acquired a 1939 Indian Four

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #5216 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:55 AM »
I saw this somewhere and kept a copy of it because it is so relevant to politicians and politics in general.

A couple of years ago when I was in the USA, Australia had just held elections. and they were close. for the whole three weeks I was in the USA they hadn't finished counting
In the end Juilia Gillard's Labour Party (left side of politics)( and yes, that's how we spell Labor here)  formed a minority government and ousted Tony Abbott's Liberal party (right wing guys)
the disappointing thing for me was that Peter Costello had just retired and wouldn't be running in Tony Abbott's Liberal party.
I hope you can all see where this is going

Now ask me about my God parents

Anyway, I was hoping to sell a whole lot of junk I had on ebay to help with finance going forward
So I Guess I'll be heading to the tip (dump) with a whole lot of stuff, although the Offenhouser manifold may go on the garage wall

G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #5217 on: October 18, 2016, 09:42:11 AM »
Grumm, some car clubs have swap meets.  Set up your parts pile there and put a sign up saying "everything free after 3:00"  It helps boost sales.  Also, it is a guarantee you will go home without the junk, most of the time.   

Offline salt27

« Reply #5218 on: October 18, 2016, 10:38:19 AM »
Now ask me about my God parents

Anyway, I was hoping to sell a whole lot of junk I had on ebay to help with finance going forward
So I Guess I'll be heading to the tip (dump) with a whole lot of stuff, although the Offenhouser manifold may go on the garage wall

G

Grumm, About your God Parents?

Don't haul that stuff away, I hear Goggs has a new shop that needs decorated.    :evil:

Don

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5219 on: October 18, 2016, 11:20:33 AM »
I think you should just hitchhike across the galaxy... what you south Texans call walkabout  :-D  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O