Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3171211 times)

Offline DLRA#363

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #4230 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:21 AM »
I thought that I might be able to quietly slip up to the Lake incognito for a day or 2 but have now locked myself in to run part of a plant shutdown for one of my business clients on the Tuesday & Wednesday of Speed-Week. :-( :-( :-(
Have a good time guys. Run fast & safe & bump your record. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Cheers,
Cookey

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4231 on: February 08, 2014, 03:50:34 AM »
I don't know much about the other stuff but the shirt is cool. You could go way further than that!.

You guys look like you spend all day indoors. Get some sun willya?. :-D :-D

As always, great thread. Thanks. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4232 on: February 08, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »
Mikey, I think Goggs is referring to the car in this Pic by Hotrod Larry, the blueish is actually purpleish...

same car in the pic by my racing teammate Porkpie... Larry's picture is Aug 12.... Pork Pie's the 13th.... there are no pics on the 14th   :-(
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4233 on: February 08, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »
Mikey, I think Goggs is referring to the car in this Pic by Hotrod Larry, the blueish is actually purpleish...

same car in the pic by my racing teammate Porkpie... Larry's picture is Aug 12.... Pork Pie's the 13th.... there are no pics on the 14th   :-(

Stainless knows how to celebrate a birthday party.....his birthday is on the Aug 13th..... :roll:

Stainless....you shocked me to life with this action.....yeap.....I know, too, it was not by purpose.....was great to see you the next day late evening with us at the table of the 200 MPH Club banquet....Tough
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:59:29 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #4234 on: February 08, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
Stainless, just to pirate the thread for a second, I don't think I have ever seen any comment by you or your partner regarding the possible cause of your crash. Any comment? If I missed it send me a link.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #4235 on: February 08, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »
Stopped going straight  :roll:  :-o

Come to Freud's NW reunion and I'll tell the story over a beer.  You're buyin...

Sorry to sidetrack your thread guys, had to explain your comments to Mikey.

Back to topic... How's that tank coming along... gotta go racing soon, lets see some pictures so we can give you crap about what you've done.  :-D
Stainless

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4236 on: February 08, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
I thought that I might be able to quietly slip up to the Lake incognito for a day or 2 but have now locked myself in to run part of a plant shutdown for one of my business clients on the Tuesday & Wednesday of Speed-Week. :-( :-( :-(
Have a good time guys. Run fast & safe & bump your record. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Cheers,
Cookey

Thats a pity Cookey. We've had a good run so far, I'm fully prepared to go slower this year, I think we may have arrived at the crossroads of power and drag.

I'm also hoping to prove myself wrong.

Rex and Bob, if there is a hijack-worthy thread on this board this is it.

Still hot today, cool change heading in later . It dropped briefly to 25 at midnight last night but was back to 32 at 3am........
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #4237 on: February 08, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »

Still hot today, cool change heading in later . It dropped briefly to 25 at midnight last night but was back to 32 at 3am........

Close to the same here.... 'cept it came up to 25 at midnight.... didn't hit 32 till 3PM   :roll:
Easier to drink beer in C than in F.... in those F numbers I prefer exceptional Rye or Tequila  :-D

James, you visiting the yanks this year? 
Stainless

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4238 on: February 09, 2014, 06:11:24 AM »
Bob, I get it. :-)

Funny thing, those are my favourite colours and my car will be painted Yellow with some Purple in there somewhere.
Royal Purple can't make up it's mind. :-P Whatever, It will be Yellow!!!

On the Tequila, there's a few of those in our future when we eventually meet and I'm buying. :-D

Sorry fot the Jack. :oops:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Kim Krebs and Greg's bikes burnt
« Reply #4239 on: February 09, 2014, 06:23:56 AM »
NEWSFLASH

Dreadful news from the bushfires down here. Everyone is alright but some serious machinery lost. Here is Kim Kreb's post:

Fires and Summer.

The good news is that Greg is OK. This afternoon a fire raced across the region around Gregs place at such an incredible pace. As a member of the CFA, he was fighting the fire elsewhere, when the wind changed direction and he decided home was where he should be. He was able to save his home, but the machinery shed, woolshed (where the bikes are stored) and some of the cropping machinery are lost
Our race bikes are toast, so this season's DLRA meeting wont include us. Unfortunately the old DLRA timing gear that Greg was repairing to use on the short track is now a molten mess.

So ... the good news is that no one is hurt ... and besides, the 750 was due for a new frame anyway.

I am sure all her have met Greg and Kim and know what great people they are will be sorry to hear this. I am not surprised Greg was off his property helping fight fires elsewhere. No word on insurance yet...

Dik

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4240 on: February 09, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
Sorry to hear that.

As long as they are OK is what counts.

Offline Dr Goggles

Winch cable prep: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #4241 on: February 13, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »
Hi All,

someone suggested treating new winch cables with something before hitting the salt the first time.

We have a brand new winch and I remember someone said they soak their winch cables in something, was it Inox ? was it silicone...

Come on, give over. :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4242 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:08 AM »
No it was XXXX Mate. :-D
  Sid.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #4243 on: February 14, 2014, 05:10:35 AM »
It was Speights :roll:.....Sid,we do all sorts of things wrong,but we don't drink XXXX

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #4244 on: February 14, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »
Speights... that reminds me... whatever happened to George Speight who took over Fiji in a coup....?

Ok Ok a little off topic, I'll get back in my box. Waiting for a plane to go to Spain and feeling a bit antsy.

d