Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3172132 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #3480 on: February 19, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
I second that. :cheers:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3481 on: February 19, 2013, 09:13:01 AM »
FANTASTIC NEWS!

It's been a L O N G  T I M E  C O M I N G !

Well done, boyz!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #3482 on: February 19, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
Youliddlebewdy!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must have felt good! I have so many questions, how did she handle? Was the front end light or wanting to go straight? Vision OK? Waas the engine tapering off or wanting to keep going? Numbers are one thing but we need more...

Thanks Colonel, new gearing... hmmm where was that post about the gearing... That should be a leap of... HOLY!

Dik

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #3483 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
Good job guys :cheers: it was 4 am and you, sorry I know your world is upside down. Now you need to go faster :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3484 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
I bet the gears they need have bigger number --not pinion gear size
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3485 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:38 AM »
I bet the gears they need have bigger number --not pinion gear size

I don't know which set they're changing out to - they left with the 2.56s in place, but if they can pull the same revs, we could be looking at 218 with the 2.41s, or maybe 231 with the 2.28s.

Leave it to Grummy to give us just enough information to cause speculation . . . :roll:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Tman

« Reply #3486 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
Cool! Will be waiting for the next update!

Offline Freud

« Reply #3487 on: February 19, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »
When you get access to this website and read the comments I hope that the

support that is extended to you comes thru as our maximum contribution

to your success.

Just keep working. You will build on your strong beginning.

Bugga Me.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #3488 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
So.... my undercover operative didn't come through....

Congrats on the 200 though guys!!

I was on the phone to Trev last night and he wasn't able to tell me much as he was rehydrating after a long day in the sun. He hasn't seen the Jag run as yet either but then he's only been out on the long course and the car would be doing licencing runs (125 & 150) on the GPS track. He was able to tell me that there was 30 runs monday and 64 on tuesday (long course numbers only). Chris Hanlon and team blew the motor on their new F-Truck and the clean up took about an hour.... no other news other than the AGM being held at the end of racing tuesday..

Lynchy

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3489 on: February 19, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
thanks for the update
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #3490 on: February 20, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »
Please note correction:

Norm Hardinge has run 207mph in his 34 ford which he has taken to Bonneville a number of times recently. I think this maybe the first time he has cracked 200 for Gairdner and that is great news for a top bloke and absolute supporter of the sport for many many years.

It was USA driver David Haas ran a 209mph yesterday gaining a red hat and a record as well, in the same 34 Ford, using different fuel to Norms run. So two class records for Big Knob!

Other snippets is the Slaughter streamliner has had its first run and all seemed good (he is the one aiming for 400mph).
Some footage and info here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Slaughter-Motorsport/217005054999277

One car lost its engine day one which meant an hour delay for cleanup and only 65 cars running on day one. That would mean quite a queue building up so with 300 vehicles (roughly half motorcycles) although most would be on the short track. So hopefully SoS is back in the queue and waiting for a run last night. No news yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:18:15 AM by Reverend Hedgash »

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #3491 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »
thanks keep us posted!  8-)
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #3492 on: February 20, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »
Dik

The car that dropped it's motor was Bridgey's F100. They also lost the motor in another car of theirs. They took 3 cars down, the Effy, a 260Z and a Falcon ute (a former brute ute racer).

Apparently there was another accident with a former NASCAR rolling over. The car is a wreck but the driver was OK.

Temps have been hot with one day being 42 degrees C or over 100 F. The track sounds good if the SoS and Norm's 34 have all been over 200. Sounds like the worst year that we could not go to the lake.

I got a phone call last night from Big Gaz. He's been doing his licencing runs for the Jag on the GPS course and aced the 125 & 150 mph passses before moving on to the Long Course for the 175mph and chute pull. He overcooked it and did the first mile at 191mph before slowing it down and doing the chute pull. While he did do the 3rd mile at 175 they have ruled that he do it again. So today is 175 again and then on to 200. From the sounds of it he should get there as he reports that he has too much power and needs to feather the throttle to get traction and the 191 that he did was in either 3rd or 4th gear. The gearbox is a Doug Nash close ratio 5 speed and the 5th is 1:1 so he is still getting there. Based on gearing and engine revs (he's limited it to 6500) it can do 200. We also calculated that it needed 450hp for 200 and he's got 868hp. Next year may see the hunt on for a 9 inch ratio lower than 2.5:1?

People are starting to leave the salt as they wrap up their racing which should shorten queues and allow more runs per team. The GPS track is still good with more runs per team than the Long course. Typically on a Thursday you can treat the GPS course as a circuit with little to no waiting.

Lynchy

Offline Geo

« Reply #3493 on: February 20, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
Thanks for the update, Lynchy.

Glad to hear the Jag is running well!

Go Dr and the Spirit of Sunshine!

Everyone be safe. Looking forward to more reports.

Geo

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #3494 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »
Great news about the Jag Paul (Lynchy) Sounds like Gary is only just stroking the big cat!  :lol:

The conditions sound fantastic, bit hot of course, but just great that everyone is getting plenty of track time.

I look forward to more big news!

Cheers!  :cheers:

Graham