Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3171273 times)

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #810 on: November 29, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

Now that's a holistic approach.  Note to self - 2011 - opening NEW worm can! :-D

Worm can opened :evil:
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #811 on: November 29, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »
So, I;m talking to Howard at Race Brakes, I get the background on a whole lot of goss on people in the salt game here.......mentions he sold some spindles or hubs (I can't remember) to Gary for the Jag , I get the low-down on the stuff up with the RodShop and one of his franchisees

Catching up on some reading here....

So what's the goss?
Lynchy

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #812 on: November 29, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
Now, see that's just wasteful really...if you had of just LOOKED you would have seen that I already had a can open...............two cans of worms!! that's like a beer in each hand , sheesh.

Got some housework done in the shed yesterday, by next weekend it'll be back to an operative ,sort of, workshop.

I had a bit of a flashback with a collection of every different type of flywheel sitting on the bench..and now here we are buying another one.

All the above suggestions/opinions made/make sense....it's a quadratic equation where the knowns are moula and time ........we'll keep you informed. :wink: :wink:

No big deal Lynchy, but it seems that It was a franchisee who "bought" the Rod shop and pooped in the nest big time...Howard wasn't timid about his feelingsd for the guy, it splattered far and wide....
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #813 on: November 29, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
jesse the body ventura, you're bleedin dutch, ain't got time to bleed, name the movie

Predator of course! before the franchise went bad.

That would make a good name for the new Kwaka Ben...

d

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #814 on: November 29, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
I get the impression  :? that we may be using the same alphabet- :evil: --but I don't think we are not speaking the same language :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #815 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »
I get the impression  :? that we may be using the same alphabet- :evil: --but I don't think we are not speaking the same language :?

Apparently we speak English

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26186795-401,00.html

G

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #816 on: November 29, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
It's Ok Bill , we're leaking the same spanguage :evil:....it's just that there are six conversations going on at once...
1./ There's a discussion going on about our Bellytank and the new motor build.Thanks to all who have made valuable comment.
2./ There's a running commentary from me about the Hum Drum of getting back into the swing .
3./ There's Freud.
4./ There's Ben, now he rides motorbikes and watches too many movies, sometimes he's a little reality starved.
5./There's the Reverend, he's halfway through a sermon about  :-o yawn.....

And finally there's you Sparky , asking , rightly , what the hail it's all about.....I'll soon have 'em all lulled into a stupor and it will be much much easier to understand.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #817 on: November 29, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
Speaking of sermons, I'd like to thank all of you who PMed me on the issue of 18inch wheels, some good info there...

One question I have is does anyone know if anyone is shipping a car to Australia for 2010?

Maybe for assistance this end (lending a car, lending a room at Dr G's place, T-eeing up some sheilas) they could throw our wheels in the back seat prior to loading...?

rH+
Why do ugly guys get to make lurve? Because they ask!

Offline Old Gringo

• I only drive with the motor not running.
« Reply #818 on: November 29, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
  For those of us that have trouble with converting Aussie to American. I found this conversion site. http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html. Give it a try.
Ex Hound Dog Crew Chief. Retired Xeroid.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #819 on: November 29, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Apparently we speak English

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26186795-401,00.html

That's not just Julia's problem (our dear vice prime minister) with her nasal monotone twang, I don't think anyone knows where she is from*.

In the U.S. I got complemented on my ability as an Australian to speak the "American language" so well by a Texan (I'm OK at English, but my Spanish and Portugese is a little unpolished), and I was asked whether I was catching the bus back to Australia one night too... from California no less.

Loved the place though, there is so much to see and do in the US there really is not much need to see or know about the rest of the world.

rH+

*Actually, she was born in Wales and so no wonder she talks funny... see earlier post on Welsh names.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #820 on: November 29, 2009, 10:57:15 PM »
*Actually, she was born in Wales and so no wonder she talks funny... see earlier post on Welsh names.
The most difficulty I ever encountered understanding what I was told was English was a few years back in Dublin, at Jury's Inn Custom House, which had been all but overrun with Welsh rugby fans on the eve of a match.

It was like I was at a Star Trek convention, and everyone was speaking Klingon.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #821 on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:43 PM »
Klingon! Now that's a language!

When I heard that some nerd had taken the Klingon word dictionary from the scriptwriters to make a bible translated into Klingon, my friend and I thought, hmmmm their is something we can do here.

The end result was a concept that might have some legs. Basically; a klingon cover band called "Klingon Nation".

I can see the video now, clean white studio cyclorama, well dressed klingon in a purple silk shirt and lipstick, looking into the camera and singing Spandeau Ballets' Gold (but in Klingon).

My friend suggested "Colors" would be a good live clip to do (complete with shotgun) and I reckon there'd have to be one of those songs with a filmclip of a klingon driving an open top ferrari on a cliff top road with a female Klingon driving her open top Porsche the other way, lots a jewellery and the sun is shining.

Gee, if I only had money and time... it'd be bigger than the Village People.

rH+

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #822 on: November 29, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »
Klingon! Now that's a language!

When I heard that some nerd had taken the Klingon word dictionary from the scriptwriters to make a bible translated into Klingon, my friend and I thought, hmmmm their is something we can do here.

The end result was a concept that might have some legs. Basically; a klingon cover band called "Klingon Nation".

I can see the video now, clean white studio cyclorama, well dressed klingon in a purple silk shirt and lipstick, looking into the camera and singing Spandeau Ballets' Gold (but in Klingon).

My friend suggested "Colors" would be a good live clip to do (complete with shotgun) and I reckon there'd have to be one of those songs with a filmclip of a klingon driving an open top ferrari on a cliff top road with a female Klingon driving her open top Porsche the other way, lots a jewellery and the sun is shining.

Gee, if I only had money and time... it'd be bigger than the Village People.

rH+

Yawn

Dik , do you perhaps have some Kangaroos loose in the top paddock
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:47:20 PM by grumm441 »

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #823 on: November 29, 2009, 11:52:19 PM »
You guys need to go race something!!  Even if it's pogo sticks...(you got them there?), tricycles, roller skates, lawnmowers...something!!  Of course, you could always get to work on your build, it's obvious you have plenty of time on your hands, so go get 'em greasy!!  Bark those knuckles using the wrong wrench in the wrong place...

You're wasting precious time...2010 will be here in 31 days and you're not ready to go racing yet!!  Get busy!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #824 on: November 30, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »
You guys need to go race something!!  Even if it's pogo sticks...(you got them there?), tricycles, roller skates, lawnmowers...something!!  Of course, you could always get to work on your build, it's obvious you have plenty of time on your hands, so go get 'em greasy!!  Bark those knuckles using the wrong wrench in the wrong place...

You're wasting precious time...2010 will be here in 31 days and you're not ready to go racing yet!!  Get busy!!

Lynda

Pogo sticks? (and we even call them pogo sticks) don't start them. I can see what I will be using to get round the pits
Yep, there will be knuckle barking going on.
I run a metric bike workshop
the current tank motor isn't
G