Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3171249 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2009, 11:45:35 PM »
So you're telling me I'll have to drink the entire batch of Porter I just bottled?  :cry: Well OK. I mean it's just 5 gallons.  :cheers:  Wayno

Wayno, I can easily provide a home for a cool (not cold) Porter.... shall I PM you with a shipping address  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2009, 12:29:57 AM »
I did sample some of your state's beer though, so much for being a dry state! I even bought a Utah brewery's "Polygamy Porter" hoodie to wear...

Indeed, why stop at just one?

:cheers:

rH+

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
If you stop at just one beer in our state, you've only had 1/2 of a beer...takes at least 2 bottles to equal 1 "full" flavor beer.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »
Wayno, I can easily provide a home for a cool (not cold) Porter.... shall I PM you with a shipping address  :roll:
If I have any left,  :roll: I'll bring you one at Speedweek. You too Lynda. :lol: Wayno

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
 :-D
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
Rev, where'd you find the hoodie?  We've got a buddy that has been given a t-shirt by us -- but the hooded shirt might be a nice gift for next time around.  Our purchase was made in an out-back convenience coffee shop/bakery -- but that's the ONLY place we had seen the shirts.

Speaking of your visit -- did you travel on Utah Scenic Byway 12 -- from Torrey to Bryce Canyon?  I'd expect so -- and hope so.  I think it holds hands-down the all-time greatest road status.  Simply stunning visuals.  Nancy and I have enjoyed that road about a half-dozen times -- and always try to ride it once more when we're in the neighborhood.

Best -
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline roygoodwin

« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PM »
SSS -- try looking at http://www.wasatchbeers.com/ 

Offline Reverend Hedgash

highway 12
« Reply #562 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
Thanks Roy, that is exactly wear I purchased the Hoodie, Park City Main Street, at the Wasatch Brewery. They have a good one for the ladies too.

Slim...Highway 12? Wow! We certainly did drive it, one of the best drives in the world I'd say.

The Devils Backbone section of Highway 12 is pretty cool, it's right on the ridge (see photo below). There is an old road between Escalante and Boulder that I would like to drive next time when it isn't icy...

We stayed at Boulder for the night (unfortunately the devils backbone grill was closed for the season, we had heard good reports about its local cuisine...) but the lodge there was great. Sat in the hot tub surrounded by snow looking at the stars. Just what you need after that drive!

Below are some photos of that stretch.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

highway 12
« Reply #563 on: January 29, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
and another

Offline Reverend Hedgash

highway 12
« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
last one. Amazing scenery. As I said, great with the top down.

rH+

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Gairdner update
« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
Hi everyone this was posted yesterday on the DLRA site by Rob Carroll our President...........

Time for an update. I understand the membership feels left in the dark about what is happening with the permit to use the lake. I have tried to keep everyone updated as best I can through the forum (on the offline area).You must understand that these negotiations involve much more that just DLRA using Lake Gairdner. They are more about keeping the lake in pristine condition forever, so we and others can enjoy the lake not only for Land Speed Racing but also for the awesome natural beauty there. This lake and surrounding area holds a huge amount of significance to the local indigenous people and they are adamant it will not be destroyed.
My report on the meeting we went to on jan 15 in the Gawler Ranges can be read on the offline area. Today, Feb 2, I received a phone call from the Native Title Claimants Solicitor advising me of a meeting in Port Augusta on Feb 13, which I am invited to. He said attitudes are changing positively, (for us and his clients), so I am hoping for a good outcome. Be aware that we still cannot have Speed Week until we obtain the permit. The committee is continuing preparations for speed week and I suggest anyone wanting to attend Speed Week exercise some patience while we try to sort out the permit. I will post more information as it becomes available and more discussion will undoubtedly take place at the meeting next Sunday in Melbourne, so those members that can attend, I will see you there.
Rob Carroll President DLRA #12

It is five minutes to midnight, the event hangs in the balance for this year. The last two years of cancellations have taken their toll on the club and have knocked the stuffing out of anybody who'd thought about bringing anything from overseas.

I'd love to say that our bellytank is sitting in the trailer waitinfg for the day to leave ...the reality is it's still got a lot to do...as it stands we might have twelve months to finish it.

I'll keep you up to date.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Gairdner update
« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »
Hi everyone this was posted yesterday on the DLRA site by Rob Carroll our President...........

Time for an update. I understand the membership feels left in the dark about what is happening with the permit to use the lake. I have tried to keep everyone updated as best I can through the forum (on the offline area).You must understand that these negotiations involve much more that just DLRA using Lake Gairdner. They are more about keeping the lake in pristine condition forever, so we and others can enjoy the lake not only for Land Speed Racing but also for the awesome natural beauty there. This lake and surrounding area holds a huge amount of significance to the local indigenous people and they are adamant it will not be destroyed.
My report on the meeting we went to on jan 15 in the Gawler Ranges can be read on the offline area. Today, Feb 2, I received a phone call from the Native Title Claimants Solicitor advising me of a meeting in Port Augusta on Feb 13, which I am invited to. He said attitudes are changing positively, (for us and his clients), so I am hoping for a good outcome. Be aware that we still cannot have Speed Week until we obtain the permit. The committee is continuing preparations for speed week and I suggest anyone wanting to attend Speed Week exercise some patience while we try to sort out the permit. I will post more information as it becomes available and more discussion will undoubtedly take place at the meeting next Sunday in Melbourne, so those members that can attend, I will see you there.
Rob Carroll President DLRA #12

It is five minutes to midnight, the event hangs in the balance for this year. The last two years of cancellations have taken their toll on the club and have knocked the stuffing out of anybody who'd thought about bringing anything from overseas.

I'd love to say that our bellytank is sitting in the trailer waitinfg for the day to leave ...the reality is it's still got a lot to do...as it stands we might have twelve months to finish it.

I'll keep you up to date.

Sorry to hear all of this.  I feel for you guys.   :cry:

Thanks for the picture.  I just loved that picture the first time I saw it.  Also thanks for the part off your tank that will go into my lakester somewhere.  I told the Rev I would send you a piece of mine also once I start cutting the tanks up.  We will be "blood lakester brothers"  :-D.

c ya and keep us posted,

Sum

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Blood bros
« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »
Also thanks for the part off your tank that will go into my lakester somewhere.  I told the Rev I would send you a piece of mine also once I start cutting the tanks up.  We will be "blood lakester brothers"  :-D.
c ya and keep us posted,
Sum
......just in case anyone is wondering the REv took a piece of the aluminium Canberra tank we used for our bodywork to Sum when he visited so as to incorporate it into his car somewhere....... blood brothers so to speak...... :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »
Hoping for a positive response from the authorities.  Assuming a thumbs-up, how's the salt looking this year?  I know it's been hot and dry by you, Dr. G!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
It's been scorching in South Australia for the past few weeks which must have gotten rid of some moisture but thunderstorms are predicted in the nnext week which may put it all back...

We don't know until we know...