Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3165231 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #4290 on: February 21, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »

Gee how embarrassing. You are right. I blame the Sangria...

Yeah, don't blame it on the Sunshine.. :mrgreen:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #4291 on: February 26, 2014, 04:28:18 AM »
just knocked off for the day. Five days straight and one more to go before we leave. The car is on the trailer, so is most of the heavy stuff. hoist, stands, pit shade metal, push bar.

I've set up for four jerry cans on the trailer.

The Colonel has already taken the suit and safety gear as well as the race tyres. I've fueled up and checked the tyre pressures. Tomorrow it's food clothes, tools and tent, then Friday morning we're off.....

Got these today, got some in white on navy too...

[/URL]
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #4292 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:46 AM »
Got these today, got some in white on navy too...

[/URL]

I'll have a white whoppa James, without the red runners plz
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline aussievetteracer

« Reply #4293 on: February 26, 2014, 06:06:19 AM »
(From a caravan park in Broken Hill- with my Landcruiser, camper trailer, and a bottle of JOHNNIES) I didn't manage to fit the telescope in, but do have "the said winch"  See you in scrutineering Dr. G
                                                                                                               Denis
Denis

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4294 on: February 26, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
[/URL]

It just dawned on me . . .

Sun Records!

AWESOME INSPIRATION!

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #4295 on: February 26, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »

It just dawned on me . . .

Sun Records!

AWESOME INSPIRATION!

Hmm ,so am I today's rooster?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4296 on: February 27, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »
do not know if I can find them-- but at one time had several,

45 SUN RECORDS   :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:31:39 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline twodear

• Member of AAAA; Association Against Acronym Abuse
« Reply #4297 on: February 28, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
Best of luck guys! And I'll have one of those T's - white on navy in XXL.
If enough is good and more is better, too much should be just about right.
Motorcycle Enthusiast - Sold most of my bikes but still have a 1963 Honda 150 Benly and just acquired a 1939 Indian Four

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #4298 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
I was hoping to write an update on the event in Australia but there has been very little info coming out.

Essentially they are running but the track is slightly soft in places with a few spins due to tyre track marks.

That's about it! Nothing on SOS as yet...

Dik

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4299 on: March 05, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
So we've changed our location to Spain, have we?
 :roll:
Okay, Rev - it's been 2 weeks.  Either the consulate in Barcelona is completely inept - and seeing as my sister used to own an American barbecue restaurant in Torremolinos, I won't discount that possibility - or you're really not looking too hard to recover those papers.  :cheers: 
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #4300 on: March 05, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
Ha! You have caught me out... but alas it is true I am back in the sunny midlands having spent only an extra week in Spain. My student however is not and having met the embassy yesterday after waiting two weeks they have told him to wait another 48 hours before their decision. This is all to simply replace a visa that was lost not to apply to get one! Bureaucracy... beautiful.

d

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Speedweek 2014 reports
« Reply #4301 on: March 06, 2014, 05:00:36 AM »
Ok, I have found a report:

From Offroading Online:

We were at the lake on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and returned home on Wednesday.
Monday warmish, Tuesday very, very *&^% warmish and Wednesday a 30 knot plus side wind on the way home, probably stronger at the lake. Intended to get a few more details but overheated on Tuesday afternoon and took it easy. (read rehydrated in the shade). Both myself and offsider are old farts and after last year we were making sure to look after ourselves.
The track layout is fantastic, with the Long Track very close to the pits. You can park in the pits and watch both the Long and GPS Track. At the canteen you got a good view of the Long Track. Great commentating over Channel 8, very informative. Management were using a closed channel so we didn't get an insight into what was going on behind the scenes, however the event appeared organised with a few hitches, but everyone seemed to have had a run on their chosen track. One thing was obvious and that was that the support vehicles were organised, ready and properly equipped compared to last year.
Team Slaughter was having issues staying on the track. Had a few runs but off the track a couple of times.
FlatAttack Racing spent Monday in scrutineering, issues on Tuesday morning and on the trailer on Tuesday afternoon. Did not appear happy.
A number of records have been broken, but will wait for the DLRA to officially announce.
No crashes or known injuries to competitors, a few heat related issues on Tuesday.
Tuesday at approx. 4.00pm the Long Track was closed as it was deemed to be becoming unsafe and organisers started moving the track. Had a quick look on Wednesday morning at 9.30 and it appeared to be closed.
GPS track was up and going both days. A quick line up with many doing laps and having a ball. Great organisation at the start of both tracks and a big thank you to the DLRA crew for their assistance. Great co-operation from the DLRA with myself and offsider.
The salt was wetter than last year with wet salt on the bottom of the tarp when we pulled it up.
DirtComp Magazine will have coverage in the next issue; Offroading Online Magazine will have a ten page spread in the next issue, will post more photos here and on the Offroading Online Magazine page.
Cheers Danny
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:09:09 AM by Reverend Hedgash »

Offline Reverend Hedgash

News report
« Reply #4302 on: March 06, 2014, 05:20:53 AM »

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #4303 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:10 AM »
Report from Kim Krebs from Greg:

DLRA Speedweek update.
I just spoke with Greg Watters, who's back in phone reception and 160km into his 1300km trip home. He says the salt this year was very soft and became easily rutted which was a nightmare for the bikes (as Shane Gaghan had already told). This was also seen by the cars that were spinning too easily. The winds were frequently strong and were not always an agreeable tailwind.
He's not sure why, but entries were down on previous years, so it was possible to get 2-3 runs a day, but given the deteriorating salt conditions, Greg didn't think many people would be lining up for the last day of racing tomorrow.
And the super news from all of that is that the trip to Lake Gairdner was just what Greg needed.. With the fire destruction of earlier in February now behind him, he's ready to start rebuilding bikes for Bonneville.

Offline PJQ

• South end, Land of Oz
« Reply #4304 on: March 06, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
Another smidgen of NEWS. There was a late night truck repair on the way to the lake. Dirty Dave put the call out for 302 Ford parts after they snapped a rocker bolt doing a head gasket replacement.

No info on the SOS yet.
Regards,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories