Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3184971 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #3360 on: January 27, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
ahh this means we may soon hear the snarly little "beastie want a be" new voice  ?????????????
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3361 on: January 27, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
For all of the "fettling and farnarkling", you guys have made huge progress in the last two weeks.

So it seems Sparky is hoping for an audio post card from Sunshine Skunkworks and Development.

I'd second that.

:cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #3362 on: January 27, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
ooh... shiny...

And it's in the garage backwards! Why did n't we do that before?

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3363 on: January 27, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »
ooh... shiny...

And it's in the garage backwards! Why did n't we do that before?

I don't know other than that's the way we built it. Flipping it round made the last few bits I remembered redundant. I would have thought of all people Dik you'd have some by-line about the different message sent by being nose or tail into the garage.....nose out seems to give off the whiff of a challenge

I think the inherent truth is that that is the way the frame came off the truck when it came back from being blasted......

I'm trying to recreate the look of Marlo's shop with all the greenery....but of course that's where any similarity ends.....

I woke up this morning and thought " wow , I'm still alive"...the Colonel didn't kill me for using a grinder near his box of electrical parts.....

Now, especially for our cultural attache in Beerhaven here we have a shot of the crew working frantically after installing the "yellow boxish thing" which figured on the wiring diagram published a few pages back...( you'll see it there behind the towering V6), we're not sure what it'll do just yet, but we thought we'd put it in anyway.....this shot is taken , obviously, at the Paris end of the Spirit of Sunshine Landspeed Laboratory, Possum park and Sticker-torium before we moved her into the shed, out of the sun........

ahh this means we may soon hear the snarly little "beastie want a be" new voice  ?????????????

You betcha Bill, the moment we have it turning hydrocarbons into noise you guys will hear it... the last motor we had in there was about half as loud again as the previous one. I expect this will have dB's to burn, our neighbours are going to be dancing in the street.. :-D :-D :-D

And finally, just in case you're all wondering I have had some private tuition on the proper use and application of the GoPro from Tiny( GeneratorShovel)..... we'll be pitting together at Gairdner, wow, I might come home with some useable video.... :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3364 on: January 27, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »

Now, especially for our cultural attache in Beerhaven here we have a shot of the crew working frantically after installing the "yellow boxish thing" which figured on the wiring diagram published a few pages back...( you'll see it there behind the towering V6), we're not sure what it'll do just yet, but we thought we'd put it in anyway.....this shot is taken , obviously, at the Paris end of the Spirit of Sunshine Landspeed Laboratory, Possum park and Sticker-torium before we moved her into the shed, out of the sun........

Wow, not only is the yellow boxish thing in place, the power supply has been installed AND you're preventing the fence from flopping over into the neighbor's house while inspecting the tuck pointing on the chimney.

Your talents are manifold, my friend.  :-D

:cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #3365 on: January 27, 2013, 07:17:51 PM »
[ I have had some private tuition on the proper use and application of the GoPro from Tiny( GeneratorShovel)..... we'll be pitting together at Gairdner, wow, I might come home with some useable video.... :wink:
[/quote]

Does that mean I can clutter the build diary with rubbish mate ?

At least you wont stink this year  :-o
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #3366 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »
Sure, I'll trade you for some advice on how to make quotes appear properly in this thread......So, that thing you've built there ...are you going to be offering a colonic wash service lakeside?
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #3367 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
Sure, I'll trade you for some advice on how to make quotes appear properly in this thread......So, that thing you've built there ...are you going to be offering a colonic wash service lakeside?

Only for those who appear "full of it "
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3368 on: January 27, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
Ja,es. if you learn how to make those highlighted quotes -- let me know, too.  I just copy and paste and add quotation marks fore and aft.  Since dang near everyone else knows how to do it "the right way" I guess that I oughta learn, too.  But please - you go first.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #3369 on: January 27, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
Ja,es. if you learn how to make those highlighted quotes -- let me know, too.  I just copy and paste and add quotation marks fore and aft.  Since dang near everyone else knows how to do it "the right way" I guess that I oughta learn, too.  But please - you go first.

don't often see "ought"

Only for those who appear "full of it "

is that the way you mean?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3370 on: January 27, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »
Yup - that's how I mean.

By the other way -- it's now a few minutes before 9 PM.  What time is it where you are?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline maj

« Reply #3371 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:10 PM »
1pm

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #3372 on: January 27, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Elmo Rodge

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3374 on: January 27, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »
Greg, do you wanna tell him -- or should I?

Thunddarr, it's 1PM every day at this (well, that) time.  I thought you'd be able to figure out that all by yourself.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com