Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3192226 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #3135 on: December 24, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »
It's christmas day here folks so I'll take this opportunity to wish you all the best and to thank you for all the support and interest you've shown over this year and those before. I hope the day brings happiness to you and your families and if not that the new year looks brighter than the last. There's always a new race meet to look forward to and new plans to make, we can't change the last run, but we can do all the best we can to make the next one a record breaker.........

I'm dreaming , of a whiiiiiiiiiiiiite Christmas..................

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3136 on: December 24, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »

I'm dreaming , of a whiiiiiiiiiiiiite Christmas..................

Actually, I could use about 20 lbs of that salt to help clear the ice off of my parent's driveway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi_5G_rKKTE

200 in 2013!   :cheers: 
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline racergeo

« Reply #3137 on: December 24, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
   Goggles (and I say that with great respect), you just made a post with out using one bit of the slang language "Strailian". Good on ya mate. I counted the number of iiiiiii's in white and I think you are in perfect pitch. Is there an Austrailian Idol?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3138 on: December 24, 2012, 11:25:35 PM »
Merry Christmas---how many days till you load for the SALT---giter done- less than 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #3139 on: December 25, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »
  Goggles (and I say that with great respect), you just made a post with out using one bit of the slang language "Strailian". Good on ya mate. I counted the number of iiiiiii's in white and I think you are in perfect pitch. Is there an Austrailian Idol?

there is an Australian Idol George, apparently, but I'd sooner pull my finger nails out thatn watch something like that.....

I think it's a little more than 60 Bill, but we will b e there, I have had a dilemna with the head restraint but just as someone was asking me about the car earlier at christmas dinner I had an idea that will get us through tech. Hook, or by friggin crook we will be there.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #3140 on: December 25, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »
Goggles sed "Hook, or by friggin crook we will be there."
I sez "Yippee".  :cheers: Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3141 on: December 25, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
I do not know who the Abby totem of good weather is   :? but I would it and your favorite likeness of "Mother Nature" together--- write a new song that all of us salt flat racers can start singing inside of the 90 day window before our races to ask the to coporeate with each other.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #3142 on: December 25, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
I've got a long stretch on a plane today , that could just the right task to occupy the time....if i can get my head out of Norman Doidge's " The Brain That Changes Itself"ISBN978-1921372-74-2     an amazing book
In the meantime, a kind of unofficial Aussie Chiristmas staple is a song by our own Paul Kelly called " How to Make the Gravy" , I think you'd like it Bill....and of course everyone else....

it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh79619xxk8
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:18:14 PM by Dr Goggles »

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3143 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
I liked that. Merry Christmas!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #3144 on: December 26, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you Rob, I know you are someone it means a lot to.

I didn't write anything on the plane, couldn't get my head out of the book. However, yesterday when I was at my sister and her husband's place in Mareeba in far north Queensland I spent some time with the oldest of my nephews and nieces. We went to a waterhole on a creek under a waterfall, just absolutely incredible, on the edge of the Atherton Tableland  in the dry sclerophyll forest rather than the rainforest which is most of the tableland and particularly on the eastern escarpment that faces Cairns and the coast. ..............."So, how's ya car thing going? is it ready for the next time you go"?.......I made a "ahhhhhhhh" Eureka sound, she looked at me kind of funny, "sorry, I've just solved a problem that has been bugging me for ages"

When we built the car I put in "cheek" bars because I have an old C4( no. not the plastic explosive) injury and didn't like the idea of the lower part of the helmet being able to travel too far sideways, the very thought of it creeped me out.....Now the rules mandate it......I had built a curved piece of aluminium plate that I was going to pad to conform to the rules regarding helmet restraint....but by the time I'd sourced the SFI padding for it I realised it wasn't going to work........

I got off the plane , drove home , went straight to the shed and cut the cheek bars out, did the calculations and now have a much neater, simpler solution.Two pieces of flat sheet, I have gone back to the sfi roll bar padding on the top bars and will just have a flat sheet on the back as a "head-rest".........

Here I have wet a big drop cloth into the cab....saves the metal dust and burning the new paint too much...you can see the cheek bars....

now, they're gone....

back to work tomorrow :x :x :x :x....maybe tomorrow night I'll have a little more to show.....

Happy Christmas for you guys who are a day behind...... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3145 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:59 AM »
we may be behind---but with you guys being out front ---well you know the old sayings go--- :roll:

Intresting---I finally did much the same---whack it out, when you have the semblence of a plan---it will tell you mostly what to do later---the commitment to change is the GIANT step!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:10:05 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3146 on: December 26, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
They say that genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration, but if after weeks, all you find is that you're standing in a puddle of sweat, it's time to find a source for that 1%.

And it helps to wash that sweat off.

Hmmmm . . . A dip under a Edenesque waterfall in a place that provides 300 days of sun per year . . .

I'd still be standing in the garage staring at it, trying to force it . . . You're a wiser man than I.

Smart move, Doc.  :cheers:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #3147 on: December 26, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »
Genius is a good memory and the ability to figure things out.  Everyone's got a touch of both.  Anyway, nice epiphany.  All in due course . . .
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3148 on: December 26, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
Doc, just be sure you can get your head off of all of the padding on the sides and back.  Anywhere the helmet touches padding during the run will cause your eyeballs to uncage from the buzz.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3149 on: December 26, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »
That frame and cage looks safe.  Now it is the scramble to get everything together.