Author Topic: I'd laugh if it wasn't so damn scary  (Read 4082 times)

Offline RIFLEMAN

I'd laugh if it wasn't so damn scary
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:19 AM »
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline sabat

Re: I'd laugh if it wasn't so Dodge scary
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:08:12 AM »
Luckily the ORV manufacturers have a good lobby.

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:10:50 AM »
Looks like the beginnings of another well intentioned (or not) and uninformed crusade to save us from ourselves.

Note they are selling a book -- more likely a slick marketing move to sell books and create a life time income as a guest speaker.

Larry

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
does it surprise anybody that they are from california!! I know lots of folks here are also from CA but it always seems these groups originate in CA.   Must be something in the water there.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
does it surprise anybody that they are from california!! I know lots of folks here are also from CA but it always seems these groups originate in CA.   Must be something in the water there.

your absolutely correct.  These activist have ruined the farming industry in California because of the delta smelt that doesn't even originate from this state, their genetic code is linked to the great lakes!  Yet the activist who get most of their money from those who pay OHV licensing still get there way here in good ol Cali.  Just another reason to vote Republican in November. :-D

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »
I do not even look at a politician who has a D next to their name.  My votes go to only ones with a R or an I.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
Most of the off the wall crap like this starts in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia....

This is some crap,, I guess the millions of miles of roads and interstates dis not damage the land and inconvenience some wildlife ?  I guess big urban expansion is not disturbing anything?

This crap just makes me mad,,,,

OK,, guess I will go crank up my Kawasaki Teryx and go trail riding now !!!!

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline geh458

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »
Hey, don't go blaming all Californians for this.  I am one, and I don't agree with most of what these activists are trying to do.  I work for one of these groups, a Federal Government office, and I disagree with a lot of what they do, and some of them know it, but as the office IT guy, I have no say in the office politics.  When I started road racing, I invited a few of my work friends out to watch, but none ever came.  You're not going to change these people.  Maybe if we ignore these groups, they'll go away?  We could only hope.

Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline jl222

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »

I had a [ Sierra club go hike to hell] sticker on my 4 wheel drive truck in the 60s. Printed by friends in Pismo Beach who were on the OHV committee there. One of the 1st things the Sierra club succeeded in using OHV
funds for was to build a fence,to limit access.

JL222

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »
It may not have made national news yet today but we had another large wild fire here in Colorado this morning. The air tankers have been dropping slurry all day on it.

Now I see this item in the news --- the stupid just keeps on coming.

They would rather let a dozen homes burn to the ground, and put fire crews at risk rather than risk killing a few fish.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=152538&provider=top

Larry

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
If one were to do what we need to do in most of the WEST; to LET NATURE get in balance---we need to let it "Burn baby BURN"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
If one were to do what we need to do in most of the WEST; to LET NATURE get in balance---we need to let it "Burn baby BURN"

yep true, but then all of those carbon emissions would cause havoc with all of the bleeding hearts out there.  Then what kind of new sanctions will there be.   :-o just think of what the last volcano did to all of the green work that Al Gore has conjured up.  Carbon credits anyone. :-o

Offline Papi

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 12:46:55 AM »
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/  :-o

This site (the above OP) is sponsored by the Center for Biological Diversity, AKA, the eco nazis. The CBD believes that all human involvement in nature is killing us. Therefore, get rid of the humans to save the planet.

I would be OK with that if they would start with my ex wife. Just saying.  :-D
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Robin UK

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »
I would be OK with that if they would start with my ex wife. Just saying.  :-D
[/quote]

Papi, Wasn't it Willy Nelson who said you never get rid of wives, you just collect more of them?  :evil:  

We get similar groups over here in the UK whose protest behaviour is often worse than the things they are protesting about. Irony is not a word any of them seem to understand too clearly. If this lot had been around 100yrs ago I wonder if they'd have been asking for tighter controls on reckless horse riding or driving a buggy with undue care and attention. Seriously, I'm all for making sure that people don't screw up each others lives, but as ever, bad behaviour from a very few is picked on by outfits like this and used as a generalised rant against anybody "not like them". Particularly anybody for whom the definition of a sport is anything with an engine in it. Anything without an engine is just a game surely?  :-D  Don't worrry though, once the politicians get involved they'll never agree on anything or get anything done. At least not without an all expenses paid fact finding mission - preferably somewhere warm with a great mini bar in the room. As comedian Billy Connolly once said "don't vote for any of them - it'll only encourage them".

Robin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:01:20 PM by Robin UK »