Author Topic: Late model GM with onstar and spying module  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Texican

Late model GM with onstar and spying module
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »
Is there a way to defeat the tattle tail, big brother, aspects of late model GM units?
I'd like to try for a 130 club in an '09 chavy and we'll have to do something about the 98 mph rev-limiter, and the recording module, or just not worry about the warranty.
Any good ideas out there?
Thanks,
Jim

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Late model GM with onstar and spying module
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:37:31 AM »
you have to LIE to it
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »
Is there a way to defeat the tattle tail, big brother, aspects of late model GM units?
I'd like to try for a 130 club in an '09 chavy and we'll have to do something about the 98 mph rev-limiter, and the recording module, or just not worry about the warranty.
Any good ideas out there?
Thanks,
Jim

Talk to a local tuning shop that does GM computers.  Usually the speed limiters can be removed with ease.  Probably charge you $125 to do it (that's what it costs around here)

Offline RICK

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
Its about the tires. As I recall, The GM dealer will have a unit called, THE TECH 2.  You need to reprogram the body control module, in tire size re-cal mode. Basically lie to it, and tell it that you have 'speed rated' tires. Its a little different on different models and different years.

Good luck,    RICK
It's not over, it's just harder.