Author Topic: BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event  (Read 23402 times)

Offline Jorge

• "Foot on the gas till you see god then stop"
Re: BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
Bloodhound has some interesting videos on youtube, very excited to see this in person someday.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy $hit, what a ride!"

Offline tauruck

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event

Glad you are enjoying my pictures and as you can imagine I am overjoyed to see you have copied them and stored them on this webserver without my permission . . where do I send the bill for the license fee ?
Quite touchy over a Balsa model don't you think?. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
 :-)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:20:42 AM by TrickyDicky »

Offline SaltRat

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »
Well, legally and ethically, each has a right to protect his/her own intellectual property.  raptor/simon (?) created the work and should be entitled to protect it and say what/where/when it is shown.

Funtionally (in this day and age of the innurnet and digital piracy), however, any image available on the internet withOUT a watermark/copyright and protection from copying (is this even possible??????) is given away.  Even if one watermarks/copyrights an image, a publicly accessable image might be unprotectable.

raptor/simon: right on!  Stand up for your rights!  Also be aware that it is probably a losing battle.

I'm sure a lot of folks here appreciate seeing your work, few would pay.

This all opinion from a 50 year professional photographer.  Good luck!

BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event

Glad you are enjoying my pictures and as you can imagine I am overjoyed to see you have copied them and stored them on this webserver without my permission . . where do I send the bill for the license fee ?
Quite touchy over a Balsa model don't you think?. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SaltRat
When (if?) this baby hits 88mph, you'll see some serious poo.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »
Well, legally and ethically, each has a right to protect his/her own intellectual property.  raptor/simon (?) created the work and should be entitled to protect it and say what/where/when it is shown.

Absolutely... but he did not do that... As soon as you post a picture in public domain, without a copyright, it is public domain.  And I'm sure he will find his pictures everywhere.  If he posted them digitally large enough, he may even find prints around the world. 

Lesson here.... Simon, if you want to have a legitimate bitch, protect your pictures... thus far you have not done that... this concern is months old, yet your pictures still have no copyright or watermark and are still out there for copying in public domain.  So,  if  you were that concerned why didn't you do something about it? 

If you just want to rant... we are not to accepting of that.  Go have a beer, tell the bartender all about it, you're paying him to listen....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
You'll never stop people from reposting a picture once it's released on the internet. The trick is to post it in a small enough format that it's not worth copying and printing in a larger format as it will be too pixilated. Print the url of your website on the picture, maybe down in a corner, then if anyone does want a print they can contact you and arrange to purchase it in the size desired. This is a good and effective way to advertise your services.

Pete

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »
Someone posted a photo of the North American Eagle on youtube and Dos Equis used it in one of their commercials about the "Worlds most interesting man".
They didn't ask permission or give any credit.  Just the way it goes!!!!
Ed

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »
Ed, a good lawyer who understands photography and advertising might be able to raise you some sponsorship dollars. No doubt he'll want his share too!  :evil: :evil: :-D

Pete

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
I've seen as good or better with a good point and shoot camera with a fairly educated operator.. can we drop this one anytime soon and let it fade away like traction on the salt? :roll:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 11:58:35 PM »
By the way,  if you want to see my pictures I'm very happy for you to see them,  I have them on my website, but please don't steal them,  is that too much to ask ?

http://www.f1album.com/index.php?cat=26

Thank you  :-)

Steal?

I am a musician and well versed in the issues of intellectual copyright.I always love to hear stories about other people playing a song of mine, nine times out of ten they won't report their usage to any of the Royalty bodies and thus I won't see a cent , I even had a guy thank me for a certain song as he had played it to a girl , who then became his girlfriend( hey, I wanna collect!!!!!!) I am also familiar with the terms of "release", I have never asked anyone NOT to photograph our car except in circumstances where it is being assembled , ie: "wait til we put the race wheels on , it looks better then".......... After years of throwing my efforts into making music I have spent quite some time building a car that has graced many magazines, the photographers ( many of them good friends of mine) who shoot those shots get paid for them, not me. Our "sponsorship" on the car probably struggles to reach 1% of the total outlay on the car. I have been lucky to parlay some free-lance writing out of my reputation but it dwarfs in comparison to what my involvement in this sport has cost.

Running in with your hand out and your nose out of joint is a pretty bad look here, if it means that much to you then wise up and protect your stuff.Like Bob said....

Absolutely... but he did not do that... As soon as you post a picture in public domain, without a copyright, it is public domain.  And I'm sure he will find his pictures everywhere.  If he posted them digitally large enough, he may even find prints around the world. 

Lesson here.... Simon, if you want to have a legitimate bitch, protect your pictures... thus far you have not done that... this concern is months old, yet your pictures still have no copyright or watermark and are still out there for copying in public domain.  So,  if  you were that concerned why didn't you do something about it? 

If you just want to rant... we are not to accepting of that.  Go have a beer, tell the bartender all about it, you're paying him to listen....  :cheers:

Rant over.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
For the benefit of anyone as confused as me:
  • I am not Raptor/Simon
  • The photo is my own - not stolen from anyone/anywhere
  • I thought I was returning this thread to its original subject ....

As someone who has a camera and takes photos (i.e. I would even hesitate to call myself an amateur photographer), I might be upset if someone made money from my efforts, but the stronger emotion would be surprise or amazement. :-o

Anyway, for those interested in the original subject of this thread, I attach another photo.

Oh, and there is no balsa involved. :wink:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
Tricky, I beleive everyone (myself included) were still on the rant about the photos at the start of this thread. Thanks for the new pic of the cockpit tub, yes lets get back on subject. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
It had nothing to do with you TD.

The pictures are interesting. A little explanation would be useful. Thanks for the effort.  :cheers:

Pete

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »
One more picture.  As you have probably worked out, it is the cockpit section of Bloodhound SSC.  This is obviously a key part of the real car - arguably the single most complex component.  I was lucky enough to visit the manufacturer's facility on Sunday and take these photos.  You can also see part of the full scale model, to the left, which was also on display for the weekend.

Richard Noble gave us an update on the plans for 2013/14.  The build phase is now well under way, with manufacture of most of the chassis in progress.  There are suppliers dotted around Britain, and everything will be delivered to Bristol for assembly into a recognisable "car".  The intention is to complete the build this year, and do some slow speed shake-down runs in England before Christmas.  With so much work being done in parallel, there are plenty reasons for this to be delayed but I think there is a good chance the car will be ready to run fast in about 12 months time.

As others have noted, there is a lots of information on the Bloodhound SSC website at http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/.  If you have some specific questions that are not answered there, let me know and I will try to find an answer.  One of the founding principles of the project is 'openness', so there is probably not much they will refuse to share.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
Thanks TD!  :-D :-D

Pete