Author Topic: BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event  (Read 23401 times)

Offline bak189

Re: BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
Hey, Raptor....tell it to the queen..............(as you can tell.. I don't play well with others)..................
Question authority.....always

Offline RaptorUK

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 03:31:19 AM »
Actually that photo is a direct link to your post here:

If you look at the post I quoted you will see I am talking about the first post . . . not the North American Eagle . .

Offline RaptorUK

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 03:45:22 AM »
Raptor,

Calm down my friend. The owner did not store them on this server. A user has loaded the pictures. THis is a non profit website and sport with all one thing in common, speed. There is no value ($$$$) being made on posting of the pictures other than for public appearence. If they are really bothering you im sure we can find others to post. Most of us are racers who spend money like crazy just to go fast with no return. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Give us a break, and enjoy the webiste about speed.

JonAmo

I am very calm . . . thank you  :-)    I understand that a user has posted the images that are not his to post,  and in posting them he has copied them from where he has seen them to his hard drive and then copied them to the webserver that this site runs on . . he has not had permission to do this from the owner . . . me.

To be specific,  I am talking about the first 3 images in the first post and the first two and last in the second post.

It doesn't matter that there is no profit being made on these pictures,  it is common courtesy to ask to use someone else's work before it is actually taken and used . . . the user didn't even quote the source of the pictures.

Why am I upset ? I spend a lot of my own money on my camera gear, I spend a lot of money travelling to places like the Bloodhound event to get pictures . . . the user that posted my pictures just stole them,  they didn't cost him a bean.

Offline RaptorUK

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
By the way,  if you want to see my pictures I'm very happy for you to see them,  I have them on my website, but please don't steal them,  is that too much to ask ?

http://www.f1album.com/index.php?cat=26

Thank you  :-)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
Sir, I'm Jon, a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim, the fellow that owns landracing.com.  We've often been faced with the potential issue of someone posting images that haven't properly been approved or received permission for posting.  As the owner -- there's little that I can do without requiring that each and every image be passed through me for vetting before it appears on this site.  I have frequently asked folks here to at least give attribution when posting, and have a few times had to resort to banning those "members" that do not give credit, at least.  (That issue has been more evident with print than images, but the precedent does exist).  

Many of the professional photographers whose work appears here have taken for watermarking their work before releasing it to any site - whether their personal web page, or here, or anyplace, so that they will not only receive credit via the watermark, but also so the image will be of lesser quality if it is indeed "stolen".  I urge you to consider doing the same with your fine work.

I apologize for the appearance without your permission of your work here.  I hope you'll consider offering further images from your collections to us - but with appropriate cautions on your part.  We do have a gallery of photos, and would consider having your stuff appear there - again, with your copyright prominently displayed.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Raptor,

Calm down my friend. The owner did not store them on this server. A user has loaded the pictures. THis is a non profit website and sport with all one thing in common, speed. There is no value ($$$$) being made on posting of the pictures other than for public appearence. If they are really bothering you im sure we can find others to post. Most of us are racers who spend money like crazy just to go fast with no return. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Give us a break, and enjoy the webiste about speed.

JonAmo

I am very calm . . . thank you  :-)    I understand that a user has posted the images that are not his to post,  and in posting them he has copied them from where he has seen them to his hard drive and then copied them to the webserver that this site runs on . . he has not had permission to do this from the owner . . . me.

To be specific,  I am talking about the first 3 images in the first post and the first two and last in the second post.

It doesn't matter that there is no profit being made on these pictures,  it is common courtesy to ask to use someone else's work before it is actually taken and used . . . the user didn't even quote the source of the pictures.

Why am I upset ? I spend a lot of my own money on my camera gear, I spend a lot of money travelling to places like the Bloodhound event to get pictures . . . the user that posted my pictures just stole them,  they didn't cost him a bean.

Raptor

Fair enough and believe me I FULLY understand your position. When I owned this site (Before I sold it to Seldom Seen Slim) and had over 50,000 images and photos would start appearing all over the internet. Forums being the biggest problem. Most all other places on the internet always asked for permission or at least gave a credential as it should.

Can users at least post your images in the future as long as the proper credits are given? Your photos are great and really capture a story about the Bloodhound.

Thanks
JonAmo

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
You would think that the guy would like the fact that his pictures are on the best LSR website in the world for all to see. I will say this raptor get a life you big baby. I do not play with others either.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
You would think that the guy would like the fact that his pictures are on the best LSR website in the world for all to see. I will say this raptor get a life you big baby. I do not play with others either.

raptor is playing with some big horsepower and good pix.

franey

bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »
Don't bother posting Raptors stuff. Just go to Bloodhounds web site for a visit and nobody will act like somebody licked the red off of his candy. :cry:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 05:25:00 AM »
When you find a money note on the sidewalk, if it isn't signed with a name, how would you find the rightful owner? I might have found the picture somewhere some years ago but with years and an ever growing album how will I remember who own it or where I found it if it isn't signed?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:29:40 AM by charlie101 »

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 05:27:30 AM »

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
BLOODHOUND SSC - 1000mph car's Photos - 1K Event

Glad you are enjoying my pictures and as you can imagine I am overjoyed to see you have copied them and stored them on this webserver without my permission . . where do I send the bill for the license fee ?

Mr RaptorUK

I apologise for any inconvenience or trouble this may have caused I found these posted on a muscle car web site. I am trying to find the old post and person that posted them to give you the info. There was no owners name to the photos or where he got them from just his post " See these amazing photos from the Bloodhound SSC 1000mph event". I would remove them but I don't have the edit or modify choice for some reason to do so. I hope that admin can remove them if in fact I have known they where not his or where posted without permission I would have never posted them here. This is an outstanding landspeed site with amazing racers never do I want to make anyone mad or do anything to make trouble I hope you understand 
"Salt Shaker 54"

The Studebaker Over The Hill Gang

Project Blown Fuel Altered Coupe 54 Stude

Robin UK

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »
Simon aka Raptor,
had a look at your site as suggested and yup - some good pics. As others have pointed out, once they get copied to one or two websites there is no telling where they will end up, how many times they will get forwarded or eventually where they originated. That's the beauty and the curse of the web. Assuming you want as many people as possible to see but not copy your pics (why would you post them online if not?) then the safest way to protect them is to disable the Right Click Copy facility. Other than as a fellow enthusiast I have no vested interest whatsoever. Most people who post here are known to me only via the forum but I've been to Bonneville many times. I can tell you that you'll never meet a friendlier, more open, honest or welcoming group of people whose only interest is sharing their passion with each other and newbies alike. What they do on the salt once or twice a year is the culmination of their efforts but is only a part of what they are all about. It's the community that's the biggest part of it as far as I read it. That's why I think that "stealing" is too harsh a term for what was nothing more than enthusiasm to share some great pics with this community. I do hope you continue to post. Take a look at the photo albums elsewhere on the site - some of them will blow you away.
Cheers
Robin
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:07:27 PM by Robin UK »

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
Thanks for that, Robin.  Last week we enjoyed the company of UK based Speed Record Club members out here on the salt for World of Speed.  Raptor, come visit us for one of our events and enjoy a chin wag with forum members.  Cheers.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
Max,
Jane and I enjoyed the experience of WoS for the first time.  Great people and a great meeting for those interested in the variety that is LSR. 
There are some who follow just one team or 'element' of our diverse sport to the exclusion of all other parts, but everyone should perhaps look at the resource that is the internet to at least gain an appreciation of what is happening in the US and Australia. 
I am biased but being in the Speed Record Club opens up the whole range of LSR activity as it happens. 
The fastest man in the world chose twice to return to Bonneville to compete under SCTA rules and with JCB Dieselmax gained a red and blue hat (from the 200mph club) for his record drive on the salt in his own right.  These to go along with the honorary status gained from the supersonic record at Black Rock. Even Andy took his salt flats rookie orientation as seriously as he did the attempt leading to the Mach1 runs.
Bristol and Coventry are great places but there is more than waiting to go to South Africa.
Malcolm

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.