Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 87257 times)

Offline Chris Horoho

• Turbobikes.org
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
Yep it's part of the newer model 400' tall wind generators. You know, one of the things that are robbing gigajuoles of energy from our atmosphere. Talk about affecting our weather, this has the potential to be way worse than so-called ozone depletion and greenhouse effects.
Prove me wrong. Think maybe I'll write a book and make a movie.
Them darn joule thieves are at it again.  :x Wayno

Genius Wayno, genius. :cheers:

i believe that last pic is of greg walters from down under
That's Watters, just walk uo him and say "I heard you're from Wunyu" pron: "one-you"
oops I knew I had mispelled it
he is going to give me heck for that when he sees it lol
"Pinky"

Offline Wester

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Ray,

411 Bike is the right color for the Burkland's crew.  Rex Svoboda is in the timer's stand along with Tom Burkland.  For the final word on it's provenance you could ask there.

Offline Freud

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
Run What Ya Brung Entry.  Do you have a 201 Hat for the kid in the bucket?
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 12:03:10 AM »
Ray,

411 Bike is the right color for the Burkland's crew.  Rex Svoboda is in the timer's stand along with Tom Burkland.  For the final word on it's provenance you could ask there.

Thanks, Wes.  I talked to the rider this afternoon.  He had no idea what "the Burklands" was.  Pure coincidence, apparently.

I've been on the phone ever since I got back to the motel.  I'm a-gonna post a few fotos now.

Ohh...one of the high points of the day was meeting that "Kansas Badman" Max Lambky.  His pilot, Hartmut, will be riding tomorrow.  They're running on an open record, but have very high aspirations.  They ran 178 in 1st gear (and that was only at 5 grand with a 6500 limit.)  I think they can do it.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »
Ok.  It was a long afternoon and a lotta time spent on the phone when I got back to the motel.  I was able to edit fotos while talking on the phone, but my multi-tasking skills aren't sufficient to write posts on the forum while on the phone.

So.  Here are some shots starting about 4 hours ago.

With the AMA return run rules ya get 'em coming and going....

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010, 12:11:12 AM »
Some shots of Max's sidecar liner. Like I wrote, it's an open record, but Max wants a big number.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:44 AM »
At the pre-staging area for the Mountain course (the other one is being called the International Course) was the Oasis Lounge, complete with palm tree and flamingo.  They were startin to wilt a bit after the sun came out.

There were plenty of bikes and riders waitin for a chance to leave pre-stage and get on the course.  Note the 1st Cavalry graphic on the Buell.  Right On!

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
Potluck Motorsports brought a "Harley-Busa" to run in the APS/AG class.  Class act. 

When I went to the Mtn Course Staging, there was a guy with a Yamaha RZ-350 (Kenny Roberts signature edition.)  I've heard some stories about Roberts and a bike like that and some hijinx on a beach in a galaxy far away, but I won't name any names. 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2010, 12:36:09 AM »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
There was quite a wait as the returns were coming back...which wasn't helped by riders stopping on the course, crossing a hot course, turning out the wrong way...must be the phase of the moon or something.

While we waited, I got some shots of Bo Miller's pop-rivet special.  I suggested that he do like the Brazilian stock car team did a week ago and cover it all with clear packing tape to smooth it out. 

I wanna see what it looks like in the ayem.

And then there were two.  The clock struck 7 (six escaped with minor injuries) and the course was closed.  These two will run first in the morning.  And I'll run to bed right about now.

G'nite.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:43 AM »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 08:50:17 AM »
6:45 ayem weather report: 61F, wind 10 mph variable, clear skies.  Forecast, High: 74, 20 percent chance of thunderstorms...not much...radar looks good at the moment.

I'll be out there shortly.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
At mile 3 Intl course ... just awaiting the racing to start ... they are bringing everyone in was stranded last night at the starting line back to their spot.   There are 8 machines here including the Vincent side hack ...

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
Waters and Higgins ... 750cc GSXR ... 218.281 mph

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »
Rich Axton ... Hayabusa ... shut off early .... we were awaiting a big speed  ...