Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 87328 times)

Offline osti

Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
Hey all,Greg was able to back up run,that was what hurt motor. He was rushed by the workers to get up to back up run and wanted to put ice in and was not able. He had a nice chat(not) with officials after and now we are able to just that!!!!upped his record by 1 MPH. Great effort. Headed to banquet.

Still FASTEST pass!!!!!! :-)

Fantastic job with the 750 guys!!

Is it going to be repaired in time for WOS?

Offline Texican

« Reply #286 on: September 03, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
the know the Nugget does not have internet in any of the rooms.... the Pilot truck stop down by smiths does...
kent

If you stay at the felonious Nugget, you get less than what you pay for.
Just don't eat the food or drink the water. :-D :-D

Rumor has it that Nugget, and now Red Garter, are owned by a rather infamous US Senator and his brother, and their attitude is "take the money and run", then when that herd of cattle is milked dry, go to something else.

Ray said bfst at the garter was tolerable; we had dinner there one night, and put it on my "no-mas" list.

We have a good food vendor for World of Speed; Enola Gay Cafe.
Seems like a decent dude.

Ray had some kind of internet at "America's Best" this last week.

Suggest you might call the mgr at: 775-664-2888.
The rates were not armed robbery, and it's been refurbished from a former Super 8. Stinky carpet dismissed.

The lady night clerk claims to be a friend of Dr. Freud.
Jim

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »
Dude i could tell you 4 good stories of how the Nugget attempted to mis charge our credit cards... the greatest one was last year 09 when they hit my card for $1200! i was staying at the montego!!!! when we went over to have a word with them they claimed i was staying in the room and i made the reservation in Nov..... (get this) '07!!!!!! WTF!!! yeah we had to call the police because the desk couldn't and wouldn't do anything about refunding the fraudulent charge cuz "the manager wasn't there" its funny after we called the police to have the desk staff arrested for conspiracy to commit fraud the manager showed up and refunded immediately.... this year on the "double charge" it took them almost a day to get the hold lifted..... I know of others they have screwed..... but that Lithuanian girl Gedre' at the front desk sure was hot.....

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2010, 04:50:40 PM »
Kent, when I made my reservations for '11 speed week before I left this year I booked an extra room for you since you ask me every year for extra rooms.  Might have one more if some the suspects don't show up. Tony 
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
Way yo go, Kent!  I love the idea of callin the kops in a situation like this.  Toadly Ossum!!

Yes, the Former Super 8, now "America's Finest"...whatever...is ok.  And Beth is a friend of Freud's.  I happened to be on the phone with him when I walked in and let 'em chat on speaker phone for a bit.  They're good people in my experience.  Unfortunately, they don't have the kind of internet access Dick Lague needed.  I gave it a shot, but it didn't work.

Red Garter dinner fare: forget it.  Breakfast is ok. The Enola Gay Cafe may have a sit-down place in town sooner or later.  It was kinda unclear about their plans.  Far as I'm concerned, the Salt Flats Cafe is the best place to eat, but then I'm not a restaurant reviewer...and as much as I like their Mexican food, I don't think I'd want it as a steady diet.

C ya at WoS.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »
Ray
when i told the little Mexican girl at the desk i was going to have her arrested for accessory to the fact because she wouldn't resolve the fraud..... she went into that little room behind the counter and we never saw her again..... She is probably still in hiding
Kent

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »
Not 4* accommodations, but the KOA had wi-fi, showers, and real beds.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »
A coupla more fotos as I go thru my stash.

BUB hisself.  He told me to get an extra-wide angle lens to shoot him but that wasn't necessary.  Just his pleasant, smiling self.

And the only speed shot I got of Peg Leg Craig's sidecar liner.

With that, I'm off to sleep so I can get up bright and early to head out to Tooele for the "Cycle Fest" vintage motorcycle and sidecar event.  A lotta folks who ran at the BUB will be there.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:23:59 AM by RayTheRat »

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Made it home last night. Was hoping to hit some rain to wash off the salt but no luck.  Time to get the pressure washer out!!

Marcello at the Salt Flats Cafe is the best!  They only make Menudo on certaion days and they run out around 11am each day.  My wife requested if he could save us  a bowl on Thursday and he was nice enough to save one just for her when we showed up around 4pm.  We got  the stink eye from other local customer who also wanted a bowl and he told them it was just for her!!!  I think we ate there 5 dinners and 3 breakfasts!! 

The crew at International mile 3 is definately top notch!!  Thanks to all!!!

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:25 PM »
Home now,got most stuff unloaded and cleaning will begin. Kim and Greg are enjoying their newfound fame and fortune and headed to Miller for the weekend.
 Will have the motor out and apart in a flash to see what was hurt,but have spare motors ready to go for both bikes if needed.
Big kudos to all the workers--esp Bob,what a guy!!-- and a thank you to Dennis for a great event.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Congrats Jim,  :cheers:

I am sure "Denis" did a great job... :wink:

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »
I am home now and unpacking. We got 4 records with two bikes and it was not easy. Lots of electrical, mechanical, and tire gremlins. In addition to the normal problems we face each year, the meet was made especially unpleasant by one little general AMA official. Anyone else feel picked on by that guy? I won't complain too much but suffice to say that that particular AMA official knew almost nothing about motorcycles and insisted on showing it.

In spite of spending $15 in quarters at the Wendover car wash, I still must have brought home 50 pounds of salt. WHY can't the organizers arrange to have vehicle cleaning ON THE SALT. I want it to stay there. I don't want to bring it home. If Save The Salt wants to really save the salt, they have to start there.

Thanks to everyone there at Bub, from Dennis on down. The volunteers were great and I appreciate them. Especially the great guys in tech and impound and the course workers making sure the riders had water and went on their way as quickly as possible. The 3 mile guys even had cookies everytime we landed there!
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »
Got back to New York this morning at 11am ... I am running the sprinkler under the truck and will continue until Monday ... I pick up the big chunks and bring them back ... I Have 4 lbs already and a lot more to come ... I would like to thank Ken Sailant, Kenny Sailant, Curtis Smith, Drew Gatewood from the AMA ... The aforementioned mentioned Intl 3 mile short start crew (Colliers and Roberts) ... 7 mile shut down crew with the outhouse flamingos and picket fence (wish I had their names / the guys from Phoenix)  ... Chad at Pre Stage ... Rex in the tower ... Dennis, his team and of course Delvene and her top hand Linnea ... every year this event gets better and better ... Only 51 weeks until next year.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Don,

Congrats, what records did you set..?  Did you leave mine alone.. :lol:

John

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
Don't worry John (like you have too...). Your record was not touched by me. We got all open records 1650 APS-BG, 1650 APS-BF, 1000 APS-BG and 1000 APS-BF.

Also, my comments above about the AMA official had nothing to do with Drew Gatewood or any other volunteer. All the volunteers were wonderful and knew their stuff and we love them for what they do.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer