Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 87182 times)

Offline racer

• Impound 2009. sweetest spot at Bonneville.
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
Ride Fast, Ride Safe!
Traction on my Dyna was great, zero issues with 210 ft lbs of torque at minimum boost. We are downloading info this afternoon, will share results.
We are preparing for Mojove Mile, Sept.25 and 26 with a set of 17" wheels and proper tires.
ray Wheeler Racing usa

care to share what tire you had luck with?
kent

Kent,

Traction must be great, he said he destroyed the wheel and had no traction issues..must of hooked so good it hurt the wheel.. :-o  Ditch the spokes and get a mag or Billet wheel..?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:00:03 PM by racer »
Ray C Wheeler

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
Good Luck Max and crew ! ! !

What is their fastest speed so far with the chair at this event..?

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »
I don't recall which thread Ray put his request for financial support in -- but so far I've received three donations for him.  I'll send the check to him now, rather than just hand it to him at WoS.  Who knows -- maybe he needs to pay for all of the digital film he's acquired. . .

As for Joe -- sir, while I understand you're doping it for fun and for the good of the land speed racing fraternity -- would you please consider accompanying Nancy and me to a fine meal at the October ECTA event?  We'd even pay your bill.  Thanks once more for your help.  Thanks to all that are keeping us informed about what's going on out there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2010, 12:34:54 PM »
 Lambky Liner - Engines pulling good, some clutch slip though. Going to impound to adjust then back out for a return run. 198 down run. 205 is the best for this week.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:42:24 PM by TouringComet »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
Go Max!
[move]Go Max![/move]

[move][move]Go Max![/move][/move][/b]

Mike  :cheers:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »
Go Max!
[move]Go Max![/move]

[move][move]Go Max![/move][/move][/b]

Mike  :cheers:

Yeah, what he said!!!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2010, 01:30:10 PM »
Hartmut took it to 5500 in low 188 mph shifted into second slider clutch didn't have enough finger weight to handle the power and started to slip. Shifted to high to save the clutch went through the mile at 3500 for a 198 run. The liner is in impound on an open record. Adding finger weights and backing off clutch springs. Engines running great looking for a very fast return.

Words dictated by Max

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
I don't recall which thread Ray put his request for financial support in -- but so far I've received three donations for him.  I'll send the check to him now, rather than just hand it to him at WoS.  Who knows -- maybe he needs to pay for all of the digital film he's acquired. . .

As for Joe -- sir, while I understand you're doping it for fun and for the good of the land speed racing fraternity -- would you please consider accompanying Nancy and me to a fine meal at the October ECTA event?  We'd even pay your bill.  Thanks once more for your help.  Thanks to all that are keeping us informed about what's going on out there.

Jon, I'm sure that "doping it for fun" was a bit of a typo...but we wouldn't want people to think bad of Joe, so...I think he's "doing it for fun."  :)

Offline k.h.

« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »
Ray, are you coming back for WoS, WF, and the Shootout?  Is SSS heading back West this year?  Stellar job from all posters on the flats.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »
Words are insufficient to describe my frustration with Motorola Cliq Android phones, T-mobile's data service and Easy-Tether's hack software.  It's taken me WAY too long to get connected...and I have no idea whether it'll stay, so I'm gonna add a coupla otos, then I'm headin home.

First is a shot of Max's liner leaving the line on the slipping clutch run...go get 'em on the return, guys!!!

Second is Craig's sidecar streamliner in Impound.  He qualified 16 mph over his existing record.  For numerous reasons, I never got a shot of him at speed.  Just a part of the day's frustrations. 

I'm headed home so I can shoot the Cycle fest at Miller's this weekend,  I know we'll see a coupla sidehack racers there who competed here.

I'm on the road before anything else goes wrong.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2010, 02:12:15 PM »
Ray, are you coming back for WoS, WF, and the Shootout?  Is SSS heading back West this year?  Stellar job from all posters on the flats.

Yep.  I'll keep comin back 'til they won't let me on the salt no mo'.

Dunno what Jon's plans are for sure, but I think he'll be here for WoS, at least.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
Great photos Ray, stay safe on the road home!!  I'll see you at the Shootout, gotta be there on the 19th to get the old motorhome towed out to Land's End.

You've done a fantastic job...everyone that has taken the time to keep us updated.  Thanks to all of you!

Safe Journey,

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:21 PM »
craigs sidecar liner is also in impound waiting for a backup on a 182 qualifer
kent

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »
Nancy and I will arrive on the 14th or so of September for World of Speed, at which we plan to race, and stay over for the Shootout.  We'll return home for a long week -- then back to Bonneville for World Finals.

I use a Verizon aircard/cellular connection for my internet service.  It is made by Huawei and has some minor issues with Snow Leopard (the latest Apple operating system), but those issues don't affect the way it operates once hooked up.

Hey, thanks for the reminder -- it's time to renew my subscription to Photobucket.  I'd be bummed to have all of those links die.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Luckyontheducky

« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »
is anyone left to give us updates?

(Max and the Vincent in particular)