Author Topic: BUB 2010 & ultra-fast streamliners?  (Read 6616 times)

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
Re: BUB 2010 & ultra-fast streamliners?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 08:28:47 AM »

Stainless showed up on the doorstep yesterday.  After talking about how his little car and bike did at Speedweek, we started taking care of loose ends.  Finished loading and tying down all the stuff needed to set up the pit, and checking everything else you can think of, down to the white shoe polish needed to change the streamliner's number from 785 to 2785.  In case you're wondering, I alternate riders. 785 is Don Angel, 2785 is Hartmut Weidelich.  Stainless and I made a run to the bearing shop, picked up a spare set of bearings for the aluminum wheel for the side car, then to the auto parts store.  Picked up a lug wrench and some more consumables for the pit. 

Had some T-shirts made this year, as well as some contributor plaques.  Gave Stainless a couple, and a K Club plaque.  If anybody on the Black Lightning team deserves a big slap on the back, it's Stainless. 

This year we'll have T-shirts, plaques, and videos of last years Bub for sale.  Drop by and say hi.

As it stands, there will only be one streamliner at the Bub for sure that has the potential for 300+mph runs, and that is the Vincent.  Sam and Denis won't be running, and Ack will only run if the salt is good and Denis provides a long enough course to get the job done.  Ack told me he needs 12 miles of course.  He's done some aerodynamic testing on his streamliner, as well as increasing the horsepower by a couple of hundred.  I think he put bigger turbo chargers on it.  Sam told me the E-Z Hook has been changed from the rear cockpit bulkhead to the tail.  Engine horsepower has been increased by 150, extensive transmission changes, frame reinforcement, a new rear tire that he feels will do the job.  He got the aluminum front wheel working, and he's very happy with it.  More than likely it'll be next year before the bike is ready to run. 

The Vincent streamliner, Black Lightning, while on the dyno this year proved to be sound, making horsepower and torque enough to exceed 300 mph pulling a side car.  The aerodynamics of the liner itself is as good as any.  If nothing breaks, it will go fast. 

Max

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:52:11 AM »
Good Luck max. Go really fast!! :cheers:

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »
good luck from over the pond Max!
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline peglegcraig

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »
Well since you asked about Streamliners going to BUB, I got mine running and all checked out at last! Tomorrow we put the finishing touches on it and load'er up. After allot of work I couldn't be happier.......well, unless I see Drew in impound!
2720 The Flying Kiwi, SCS1000.
Big Thank you's to B. Bakker, J.Noonan, K. Ritches, for your help and encouragement.
 See you on the salt, Peglegcraig

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 08:08:58 AM »
Good luck Craig!
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Stainless showed up on the doorstep yesterday.  After talking about how his little car and bike did at Speedweek, we started taking care of loose ends.  Finished loading and tying down all the stuff needed to set up the pit, and checking everything else you can think of, down to the white shoe polish needed to change the streamliner's number from 785 to 2785.  In case you're wondering, I alternate riders. 785 is Don Angel, 2785 is Hartmut Weidelich.  Stainless and I made a run to the bearing shop, picked up a spare set of bearings for the aluminum wheel for the side car, then to the auto parts store.  Picked up a lug wrench and some more consumables for the pit. 

Had some T-shirts made this year, as well as some contributor plaques.  Gave Stainless a couple, and a K Club plaque.  If anybody on the Black Lightning team deserves a big slap on the back, it's Stainless. 

This year we'll have T-shirts, plaques, and videos of last years Bub for sale.  Drop by and say hi.

As it stands, there will only be one streamliner at the Bub for sure that has the potential for 300+mph runs, and that is the Vincent.  Sam and Denis won't be running, and Ack will only run if the salt is good and Denis provides a long enough course to get the job done.  Ack told me he needs 12 miles of course.  He's done some aerodynamic testing on his streamliner, as well as increasing the horsepower by a couple of hundred.  I think he put bigger turbo chargers on it.  Sam told me the E-Z Hook has been changed from the rear cockpit bulkhead to the tail.  Engine horsepower has been increased by 150, extensive transmission changes, frame reinforcement, a new rear tire that he feels will do the job.  He got the aluminum front wheel working, and he's very happy with it.  More than likely it'll be next year before the bike is ready to run. 

The Vincent streamliner, Black Lightning, while on the dyno this year proved to be sound, making horsepower and torque enough to exceed 300 mph pulling a side car.  The aerodynamics of the liner itself is as good as any.  If nothing breaks, it will go fast. 

Max

Outstanding!  I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday) and start shooting up all the digital film I can afford.  :)

Go kick some butt, Max

Offline Cole222

• Recluse Holster
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
and start shooting up all the digital film I can afford.  :)

RTR, shall we take up a collection so that you can afford more Digital Film?
"Form and function are the opposite sides of the same coin." R Reagan

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Send Ray your "almost used up" gift cards. He can get his digital film processed with them.

His for more exposure,

FREUD
Since '63