Author Topic: Okay, spwk is over, now it is our turn!!!  (Read 13015 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Okay, spwk is over, now it is our turn!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »

trying this one again

Offline sabat

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
Thanks for the pics Joe, and good luck this week  :cheers:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2010, 11:33:15 PM »
the photos are decent but there is a lack of copy ... Slim makes it look easy but it really isnt.  I discovered that today ...

Cliff driving to tech to pick up the bike ...

Offline Cole222

• Recluse Holster
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »

gorgeous body work ... [/quote]

1350-MPS-AG
 Two Ton Racing
 Don Mills
 Suzuki 

Looks like Don has been busy the last few months.

Thanks for the photos Joe, it is Very Much Appriciated!
Cole
"Form and function are the opposite sides of the same coin." R Reagan

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 01:21:58 AM »
So MPS (Modified Partial Streamlined) AG (Altered Gas)

AMA is funny that way..

Get em Don..Don has been pretty fast with his bike in the past however it was Balck and Blue...

Good luck racers..

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:40 AM »
I can't wait to get there.  Got my carpet, tripod, chair and umbrella ready to plant my butt on the roof and start a-shootin.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 04:04:19 AM »
Don got the bodywork from me last Feb..... glad he got it installed and the bike out there.... His bike looks great... hope he goes as fast as he wants to go
Kent

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 11:41:09 AM »
I'm about to leave (2 hour drive) for the salt but it looks like the winds (in Wendover, anyway) are varying between 20 and 40 mph.  Doesn't sound like good conditions to race bikes in.  But I'll be there as soon as I get stuff thrown into the Burb.

The attached fotos aren't quite a bike-related, but it's the type of thing I spent shooting yesterday...and that's a whole nuther story.  The shot that shows the "gardens" (Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah) gives ya an idea how much the terrain varied in altitude.  The only way to get back to the entrance/exit (there's one other exit, but it's just as bad) is to either climb back up that hill or do a 2 mile forced march around the paths trying to dodge little old blue-haired ladies in golf carts.  I spose I should have rented one myself.  I didn't feel like giving Alan Ashton (the guy who got rich by selling Word Perfect to Novell) any more of my money, so I took the frontal assault route.  Had to do it in 3 stages.  I wasn't sure I was gonna make the last one.  (Most people know about my heart trouble...but I've only got one functional coronary artery and a lot of my heart muscle is "dead."  I get short of breath bending over to tie my shoes.)  But I made it to the top and got the hell outta there.  The climb was sorta like the obstacle/infiltration courses I went thru in basic training...but I was 19 then.  Today I'm only about ten years older than my chronological age states...and I have that in writing in my medical records.  BMW (bitch, moan, whine.)

Ohh...the garden foto makes it look like there were only a few cars present.  Not the case.  They were clustered in little clearings along pathways that sorta resembled a green (lotta water gets used in irrigating those lawns, trees and flowers...look at the very back of the shot...the desert and sagebrush is the natural landscape) corn maze.  And the place was crammed with untamed house apes who, in typical Utah fashion, were allowed to run wild and create havoc wherever they went.  I got to the point where I told one mother (brood mare, more or less) that if she ever lost her 5-year old son, all she had to do was look thru the lens of my camera and he'd be right there.  Then there was a story one guy told me about an unsupervised kid rolling Coke bottles down the hoods of priceless classic cars....I'd go on with this rant, but I gotta split.

See ya on the salt,