Author Topic: Integrated Chat Board  (Read 6934 times)

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:01 PM »
Group,

I have just installed a chat system within the message board system.

You can find the chat login on the top right of message board under hte Landracing.com Land Speed Racers Forum.

When you click this Chat button it should automatically log you into a embedded chat windw with your message board username.

You MUST be a registered user of the message board to use chat. I have not purchased this chat program I am using a free version to see how it integrates with the message board. This also helps with the passwords for the website. I wanted something that you could use one username and one password for. Try it out see how you like it. I will try to stay logged into the chat program for awhile tonight to hear any comments while people try it out.

Or any comments on it you can post it here.

Jon

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 06:53:23 PM »
One item I have noticed is, if you log out of hte chat, by pression the exit button, it will log you off of the board, I would suggest just close the window or click on the Landracing.com Forum Index link, the chat module will automatically disconnect you from the chat part after i think 15 minutes.

Jon

Offline RichFox

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:56:08 PM »
This is the same chat site as is used by the Inliners for their Tuesday night chat. Works well for them.

Offline Stan Back

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »
And, again, I can't read the first message completely because the illustration loaded over it.  (And I'm too dumb to know how to fix it.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JimW

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »
Looks like my older operating system and browser are not supported - no chat for me   :(

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 09:52:48 PM »
Give me some info jim on operating system and browser and version info.

Jon

Offline JimW

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:43:09 PM »
Windows 98 and Firefox.

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 02:31:19 PM »
Jimw,

Do you know if you have Internet Explorer installed on the system? If so try to open it chat up in that window instead of Firefox and see if it works fine.

Jon

Offline jimmy six

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 10:56:03 PM »
No chat for me just a little red X in the top left...J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »
Ill be purchasing the full version chat board Wednesday and we will see what happens. Most like it that have been using it so ill get the full version and we can try for thirty days,, If people are still having problems then I will start looking for a different chat.

Ill report here when its all installed and ready to go.

Jon

landracing

Integrated Chat Board
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
Additionally,

Try this first. I have setup a test page for the chat, this page will detect if your browser is capable of using the chat board. After the test is complete and you ARE NOT up to the latest software this should pop up a link to upgrade to the latest drivers. You can trust this download. It should download and install automatically after you click it to download the latest java software.

http://www.landracing.com/news/testchat.htm

Give that a shot and post if you have problems