Author Topic: Pit Problems  (Read 7224 times)

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
Pit Problems
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »
Is it true there were a few close calls in the pits this year. I guess it was with people driving through or going too fast?

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Pit Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:27:52 PM »
The pits are very large with a lot of people in them. As always there is someone that don't think the rules are for them. SCTA/BNI are very strick about the traffic in the pits and the road to the start area. Yes people are removed from the salt for screwing up.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »
Yes, racers don't act like the arrogant Jet Blue customer did - you might get an official like the now famous flight attendant!

Land Speed Racing has got to be about the most democratic form of motorsports in the world - and it needs to stay that way.

Leave your egos at home.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
It seems Bonneville had some major pit problems as well

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
Seems that they didn't realize you were talking about Loring. :cheers:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
OK, "pit problems",  I'll bite,finally. Could you fill me in on any specifics ? Like, when, who, what,where ? As far as I know, we had one problem child that everybody is aware of, and only one incident on the return road and one at the start line, same Jerk. 
Rather than stir up something on line, I think it better to share it with us LTA guys first, no ? I personally think this year went off smoother than last year,  and the first event was amazingly smooth, considering all the glitch  potential.
Anybody with real flammable concerns to share, please contact me in a PM or otherwise off line ?
We hope to have some good news to share asap on multiple events next year, please hang in there.
Bob W The LTA Guy

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
I wish I lived closer to Maine!!!

Offline tedgram

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »
  I saw no problems this year. We were all there to have a good time and worked together to that end. It's feels good when a bunch of people from all around the county get together and there is automatic team work happening. :cheers:

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »
FIRST OFF this EVENT was GREAT,,, I loved it and it ran SMOOTH..

as to what Bob W  eluded to..

I was "the Victim" of the problem / incedent and I suffered very small amount of  financial damage as a result.

IF I am not upset, If I am not saying there was a problem, then NO ONE else has a dog in this here deal...

"it happens"  I am at peace with it..  my pride and a few hours down time and all was good. I made runs after the situation and upped the previous record.. I am cool with it.

I was pitted near the cones at the entrance gate and saw all incoming and exiting traffic, and I never noticed a problem, racers and spectstors seemed very well behaved.  No matter where you go, you have to obey speed limits and watch out for yourself and others,, All Good,,,

A OK  at Loring,,, I will be back,,, O yeah and FASTER.

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »
I didnt see any problem with the pits ... I think that the event went extremely well ... I agree with Charles, He has the only dog in the fight that I am aware of and he is okay with how it went ... Joe

Offline nemesis

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:53 PM »
OK, "pit problems",  I'll bite,finally. Could you fill me in on any specifics ? Like, when, who, what,where ? As far as I know, we had one problem child that everybody is aware of, and only one incident on the return road and one at the start line, same Jerk. 
Rather than stir up something on line, I think it better to share it with us LTA guys first, no ? I personally think this year went off smoother than last year,  and the first event was amazingly smooth, considering all the glitch  potential.
Anybody with real flammable concerns to share, please contact me in a PM or otherwise off line ?
We hope to have some good news to share asap on multiple events next year, please hang in there.
Bob W The LTA Guy

From what I heard, who the jerk was in the deal was debatable.  Was it the guy who made a mistake, or Bob WINER for trying to start a fist figth  with him?  The truth is out there.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 06:29:18 PM »
Come on -- what happened?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »

Bob W The LTA Guy

i'm way more interested in this.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »

Bob W The LTA Guy

I'm way more interested in this.

franey

Me too Franey,

I eagerly await Bob W's / LTA's announcement of the event date or dates in 2011.  We all need to plan as far ahead as possible and I am sure as soon as the date or dates are secured Bob will let us know.

Charles

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Asub1

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:15 PM »
We were at the Loring race swith our 7 year old daughter all day Saturday and Sunday.  We think the tech, pit, and staging areas were safe.  My daughter and I did a lot of walking around and there wasn't one time that I saw someone acting in an unsafe manner.