Author Topic: A Thank You To Many!!!  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
A Thank You To Many!!!
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:00:48 PM »
I would like to thank a bunch of people who helped me add a third Two Club Hat to my collection:

Donna, the love of my life!!! You started this fire to 'Go To The Dark Side'...riding a race scooter past 200 mph. Before Loring, I have never road a race bike in my life, hell, I ride a Harley on the street so I can keep my license. Nine passes later, 200.619 mph.

Debbie & Todd Dross: Deb offered her baby, Queen Bee Busa and Todd rode my ass to get on it! As Todd said "Have fun, it's all about the shutdown". It was no small task to get my big, fat ass to get small and hid behind the wind screen. I am near-sighted and had distance vision glasses on...very hard to read the tach...sorry about the sometimes missing the shift points buddy!!! On one run, I looked up and saw the timing placard and shutdown...wrong placard!!! LOL

Josh Owen: Many worldly words of wisdom from this young man...thanks for being my wing man!!!

Scott Guthrie: Thanks for the support and words of wisdom like "Lose the wings, you will go faster" It worked!!!

Dean Sabatinelli: For all of the encouraging words offered after every run.

All of the competitors: I wish I have a nickle for all who said to me " I've never seen you get to race, you are always in the tower". Well, this is what happens when I get out!!!

LTA volunteers: I could not have gotten to play with out all of you.

LTA Officials:Bob and Mark...thanks for everything...It's easy to put an event on, right!!!

Now a confession: It is a hell of a lot harder to go 200 on a bike than a car...I have raced cars for 45 years but riding that bike made me feel 15 again!!! It got my attention! As Scott Guthrie said, "The Two club is for riders" and I understand that now!

Thank all of you.

:cheers: :cheers: :-D :evil:

Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline sabat

Re: A Thank You To Many!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
WTFG Joe, you earned it.  :cheers:

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:58:42 PM »
Thanks Dean

Just looked at my post...damn spell check changed ass to Acura...weird!!!  Guess you need to re-read the whole thing when you think your done. LOL
Joe Timney

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Joe, Joe, Joe -- you've just proven to us that you don't spend hours and hours on the Forum.  But that's a good thing -- someone's got to work for a living.  Anyway -- you've discovered the curse-word filter that's in operation here.  I want to keep the nasty language to a minimum, both to make it "family-friendly" and so that advertisers and others that might happen onto the Forum -- aren't put off by the large amount of foul language that seems to be a part of many on-line forums (note the lower case "f" here, vs. the U.C. "F" I use when referring to our Forum).  So -- the filter is one of the tricks in the software.  I can enter any word(s) I want into it, and whenever said word is presented - the filter changes it to whatever I've chosen to show up instead of that nasty one.  I've got automobile brands as the "aliases" -- so Acura refers to the hind-end body part, and Dodge comes out when you try to banish someone to the place that's a step beyond Purgatory, and so on for a few.  No big thing -- and many of the regulars here have learned it well enough that they take it in stride, sometimes even putting in another car name that's not in the fliter's lexicon - 'cause we all know what they mean to say anyway.

One of the Aussies was the first to comment on it, a couple years ago, when he discovered that his nick-name for his car was coming out wrong.  From then on it's been public knowledge.  Yes, you can mis-spell your swear word and get around the filter if you want -- but I do want to keep things on a bit higher level than so many boards and forums on the internet.  See -- you can feel superior to the rest of them by participating here.  And - thanks for being a part of it all.  Congratulations on finally having turned the wheels of a bike on a race course.  Now you see, don't you, what we've all been talking about?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
... the place that's a step beyond Purgatory...

Jon, Jon, Jon, it's a valid placename in Michigan.

It's okay to say it.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Joe,  I am glad that you got out of the tower and got to have some fun. Both days you had an ear to ear grin..

Great Job on the 2 Club.... I left the dark side 18 years ago... but darn If they made leathers my size,, I may have been lured back to the dark side  :evil: :evil:

See you in September.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
Well...I guess I don't spend a lot of time on here...only took me 10 years to post 100 times.
Joe Timney

Offline jreken

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
Ok Ok you've had your fun Joe Timney!!!! I hope your trip to the "dark side" has satisfied those primal urges (for speed)!!!!! How many times have I head you say "I ride a Harley so I can't go fast". Everyone on the forum should hear his rants!! NOW BACK TO THE TIMING TOWER FOR YOU!

John   (Joe's "left" hand man in the tower)

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
4-Barrel, we have the same town in NC; it's a lump in the middle of a swamp with a road that goes through it so the mosquitos and horse flies have a way to bring fresh meat in.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
That Michigan town is in the south/eastern part of the state, west of Detroit and Ann Arbor.  But don't despair -- look way up in the Upper Peninsula and you'll find Paradise.  Much nicer town -- much bigger mosquitoes, too.   It's not too far from Whitefish Point -- the bit of land nearest where the Edmund Fitzgerald went down 25 years or so ago.  That's the boat that gained notoriety outside of our area when Gordon Lightfoot wrote a song about it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »
Joe ... Happy for you ... you are the second Timney to get in the Loring 2- Club ... Glad you got to race for once ... Joe

Offline entropy

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 02:35:58 AM »
Joe,
congrats on yr 200mph pass. :cheers:

As soon as you put those 200mph gloves on, i knew it was a done deal   :-D
Karl

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »
OH! I forgot Karl who lent me his gloves...they know how to keep the throttle open!!! Also a thank you to Phil Campell who lent me his leathers...it took an army to get me to 200!!! :-D
Joe Timney

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »
Joe,
 You are very welcome! It was our pleasure to help you to this achievement! After all you have done for us and the East Coast land racing world, it was the least we could do!  :cheers:

OH! I forgot Karl who lent me his gloves...they know how to keep the throttle open!!! Also a thank you to Phil Campell who lent me his leathers...it took an army to get me to 200!!! :-D

You are right, most times it does take an army to help one get to 200 mph! A lot of people don't always realize how many people knowingly & unknowingly help!

We also owe T. Scott Jones a shout out for inquiring about the Buell footpegs on the sidecar which are in fact my (BeeQueen's) footpegs! While I couldn't answer the inquiry on the spot (I owe him an email with details on this) it did illuminate the light bulb that hey, we have lower foot pegs and different seats!!! Try something different dummy! Don't take the insanity route!!!

It was a fun endeavour with it's own unique challenges and I'm very proud of our team for pooling our resources to give you every advantage we could think of/remember to get you there! You've now learned that it isn't always as easy as just hopping on & twisting the wick! Setting up the bike to meet the riders needs makes all the difference in the world!!! We proved that both positively & negatively this meet with two different bikes! Welcome to the inner workings of a motorcycle racing team! We try to make it look easy but sometimes it's just not! However, I think you'll agree that the hard work makes the goal and the reward all the more treasured!

Job well done on a very big challenge! We're all extremely proud of you!  8-)

Debbie
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:39:51 AM by DahMurf »
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline TURBO KING

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
Congratulations Joe!

You are not aone.  It took an army to get me in the 2 club also, most of which was Team Guthrie (especially Scott), DaveO, the Snart Team, Billy Shoemaker of Team Fkawi, etc, etc.

I have assisted much less people in much smaller ways than all of them have, but it feels just as good to help as it does to get in!

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S