Author Topic: 200 club hats and certified stickers  (Read 5287 times)

Offline California Kid

200 club hats and certified stickers
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:05 PM »
Bob ,
          Can you send me my 200 club hat and a few certified stickers . and can I buy a 200 club t-shirt . thanks

Bill
Texas in March 09-199.166 MPH Oct 09 199.780 MPH
Loring in Aug- 207.837 MPH Mojave 2010 March186.8
Texas March-2010 202.3MPH

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: 200 club hats and certified stickers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:45 AM »
California kid,

Congrats..please tell us about your runs and records set at Loring..any issues besides the long drive back and forth from California..

John

Offline entropy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
Bill,
glad you made it home safe; long damn drive for you.

Next stop, Mojave!

hey John Noonan, are you gonna show up this time?

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
Cali Bill;
There aren't any "200 Club" shirts.
I believe you already got a 200 Club hat and stickers for your 200 record run ?
Correct me if you did not, but I believe Mark personally handed you your stuff ? 
Additional stuff can be ordered, OK ?
I usually answer individual requests off line, but a few people had similar  requests and I  thought a clarification needed to be made.
I'm quite sure 99% of the regulars on these forums are aware of the 200 Club rules.
For the newbies; you have to set a record in the class at over 200 to get a hat.
It is a one shot deal, you do not get a hat for every record run over 200.
Bob W,  still the LTA Guy

Offline California Kid

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »

My first run I ran a 200 MPH then I realized I still had my street map in . Took street map out put in race map next run 201 . Ck data log , A/F needed a little adjusting ,auto shifting not working wright . but going a cross the finish line at 10,800 RPMS . I was runing a 18T/41T . So I put a 42T on the rear . Next run was a 204 A/F still needed a little adjusting but my RPMs were 11,100 at the finish line . Adjusted A/F at that point it was the end of the day (saturday).
         Sunday my first run I broke the tire loose in second gear ran a 203 , RPMs at finish line still 11,100 . So at this part of the I put the Tiger racing fender on . my next run I ran a 207 , RPMs at 11,400 . next run another 207 . A/F very good , between 12.8 and 13.1 . next run tire broke loose ran 206 , next run 207 A/F good , next run 207 , last run my limitor kick in at 11,460 RPMs at the finish line . It was set at 11,600 , don't know why it kick in at 11,460 I ran a 206 . I had a great time readjusting my map . DL-32 / LC-1 helped me a lot also guy's fender got me 3 MPH faster thanks Guy .

Bill
Texas in March 09-199.166 MPH Oct 09 199.780 MPH
Loring in Aug- 207.837 MPH Mojave 2010 March186.8
Texas March-2010 202.3MPH

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 07:44:10 PM »
Wow -- 3 mph faster with a front fender.

Let's see.  If we added two of them on our Street Roadster it would be worth at least 6 mph, right?  And a Street Roadster should have front fenders, don't you think?  And opening doors.  And a gas cap, too.

I think I've found a whole new market for Guy!  (Guy, just pm me and I'll give you the address to send the complementary fenders -- thanx!)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
Ya gotta luv Stan !!!

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
Stan, hotrods have fenders????????????

see ya on the salt  8-)
(or the place next to the 6)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RansomT

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »
Wow -- 3 mph faster with a front fender.

Let's see.  If we added two of them on our Street Roadster it would be worth at least 6 mph, right?  And a Street Roadster should have front fenders, don't you think?  And opening doors.  And a gas cap, too.

I think I've found a whole new market for Guy!  (Guy, just pm me and I'll give you the address to send the complementary fenders -- thanx!)

Stan

Wouldn't the fenders throw you out of class?  :evil:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 01:44:31 PM »

Wouldn't the fenders throw you out of class?  :evil:

Actually they are listed as optional in the rule book for Mr. Back's class.  :-)

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline WildBro

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
Cali Bill;
Correct me if you did not, but I believe Mark personally handed you your stuff ? 
I usually answer individual requests off line, but a few people had similar  requests and I  thought a clarification needed to be made.
I'm quite sure 99% of the regulars on these forums are aware of the 200 Club rules.
For the newbies; you have to set a record in the class at over 200 to get a hat.

I have never recieved a LTA 200mph club hat.  I think I qualify for one, maybe.  Was I to ask for it while I was there at the races?

Also, the LTA has me down as the first member of the 200 club, that is incorrect.  Phil is the first one to enter, I did not take the record and waited till the speed was higher.  If you could fix that for next years rule book, that would be great.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
Cali Bill;

I have never recieved a LTA 200mph club hat.  I think I qualify for one, maybe.  Was I to ask for it while I was there at the races?

Also, the LTA has me down as the first member of the 200 club, that is incorrect.  Phil is the first one to enter, I did not take the record and waited till the speed was higher.  If you could fix that for next years rule book, that would be great.

Bill
Wild Bill you are a Class Act and we at TLN continue to wish you all the success in the world.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

Bill

Thanks for the clarification Bill. That was a highly debated fact last year and Phil was originally identified as the first. However somewhere in the verification process they had you down with your first run. I suppose it would have been much easier to just ask you but the first event reverting back to paper & pen caused for confusing times! I think your "licensing" run must have been confused for a "record" run in the documentation. As such it was considered the first. I'll make sure to personally discuss this with Donna as I believe she is overseeing the verification again this year. If enough of us bring it up it may just get fixed! :)

And as a side note Bill, I know I spoke with you on Sunday but I honestly can't remember if I personally congratulated you on your awesome track record run! I was busy as usual and trying to remember to relay a message to you. So just to be official, congratulations on your new track record. I know y'all were shooting for more but we're all glad you completed your run safely so you can try again next year.

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »
Bill,
glad you made it home safe; long Dodge drive for you.

Next stop, Mojave!

hey John Noonan, are you gonna show up this time?

Karl.

I doubt it as it is only a mile and its paved, I like the easier longer unpaved venues.

Good luck to all.

John

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 04:49:19 PM »
John,

Mile and a half to the lights.....

Ed