Author Topic: One Loring SNAFU I Promised to Report  (Read 2054 times)

Offline MiltonP

One Loring SNAFU I Promised to Report
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »
First I want to thank all the volunteers and the locals for making this another wonderful event.  I also have a big double thumbs up for the Popham Beach lobster feast.  I had a fantastic time down there and really appreciated being able to kick back and spend the night.  Great little sunset kayak experience to top it off.  Did get murdered by mosquitos when i went out at 1:30am to see if I had rolled up my windows but the alcohol killed the itch for another 24 hours anyways!   :cheers:

Now... about that SNAFU.  Someone who shall remain nameless booked 6 rooms at the Hampton on one credit card.  Nobody showed up or cancelled and people were turned away Friday night while those 6 and another 2 no-show rooms sat empty.  I told the manager not to hold those rooms for saturday night since no one was decent enough to cancel friday.  I feel the Hampton treated us great and it will be a real bummer if they have to implement rule changes next year that result in us not being able to book a block of rooms at a good price.  Therefore, I have to give a big thumbs down to those who skipped out on cancelling their unused rooms.   :x

Offline Peter Jack

Re: One Loring SNAFU I Promised to Report
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:19 PM »
Hope the Hampton charged the credit card!

Pete

Offline tedgram

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:53:59 PM »
I'm sure they did!

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
Actually, as of Saturday afternoon they had not decided to do that yet and I didn't get the impression they would be; however, they were considering having the block held with a credit card at the special price next year and charging any unpaid rooms left in the block to that card.  Sounds reasonable but it forces someone to take a risk when reserving the total block of rooms.  I think those who stayed there enjoyed the rooms and service and the staff seemed to like having us there so hopefully all will work out well.  I thought I heard some talk about an earlier date next year which would end the conflict with the fair but may disappoint any fair goers that also visited our event.  I believe getting more separation from SpeedWeek is a valid reason for doing that though.