Author Topic: Results?  (Read 25749 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Re: Results?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 07:30:40 PM »
Hello Everyone.
We at the LTA are making every attempt to ensure that all of our records are correct.  There were several well qualified people at 2010 event to ensure that everyone was classed and registered properly, but mistakes can happen. I would like to make some points about the direction this particular forum is taking.

1) With the help and blessing of the ECTA we are presently using their rule book. These are a massive undertaking and until such time that we have our own, the ECTA book will serve our purpose to provide a Safe and Fun event.

2) ECTA allows running up in class.  The belief is that if a smaller displacement engine has the ability to surpass the record of a vehicle that on a technical level and by the rules should be faster, they have every right to beat the record.  Keep in mind that they must make a separate run for the record.  One run can not be used to cover multiple classes.

3) As Dean Sabat pointed out, The LTA, as well as the ECTA operate on the honor system.  We are responsible for a Safe-Fun-Fast event, not for rooting out cheaters.  We have a policy on our website regarding cheating and we adhere to it without exception.  If people choose to cheat, that is their burden to bear.

4)If anyone feels that there was an error made in classification of a vehicle, please advise the LTA at the event!  Since the vehicle is present at that time, scrutinization would be much easier there than here in cyberspace.  If that is not possible, please feel free to contact the LTA through the website. This is what we require:

a) The number of the vehicle in question.
b) The class that the record was set in.
c)  The class you feel is correct.
d) Your reasoning.

We will make every attempt to confirm the accuracy of your request.  Pictures can be sent, but in the event that different records were set with and without optional equipment, it will be difficult prove. Engine classification such as blown/unblown or engine displacement will be verified with the owner of the vehicle.

While we appreciate the open discussion and free flow of ideas provided by LANDRACING.COM, we do not feel it is appropriate to address individual grievances, rule changes, and proposed changes to the event in an open forum.

All the best and safe racing to everyone,

Tim Kelly
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:28:02 PM by blackslax »
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
Sounds like you got it in hand.  Good luck in the future.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
Tim/blackslax

Great explanation and right on point.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

LittleLiner

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
Tim . . . Many thanks for the feedback.   I for one see a great future for Loring and appreciate all you guys are doing to make things happen for LTA.   

. . . . . . . 3) As Dean Sabat pointed out, The LTA, as well as the ECTA operate on the honor system.  We are responsible for a Safe-Fun-Fast event, not for rooting out cheaters.  We have a policy on our website regarding cheating and we adhere to it without exception.  If people choose to cheat, that is their burden to bear.       . . . . . Tim Kelly
I would like to make one additional point.  Although I noted what appeared to be a few cars that were incorrectly classed, I did not mean to imply in any way that anyone intentionally cheated.  Looks more like misunderstanding some of the rules.

Art

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:17 PM »
You're way too kind in at least one case.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline tedgram

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
  Thanks for the record certificates. But, you only needed to send one for my highest class record of the meet.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »
  Thanks for the record certificates. But, you only needed to send one for my highest class record of the meet.

same here.

thanx,
franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
Congratulations to Fernando Stelser for breaking my 129.047 record with all of his runs;

9445   Fernando Stelser   Fernando Stelser Racing   G/GSS   129.393
9445   Fernando Stelser   Fernando Stelser Racing   G/GSS   130.548
9445   Fernando Stelser   Fernando Stelser Racing   G/GSS   130.625

Does anybody know what kind of a car he was running?

Thanks to some sharp eyes and people that want things done fairly, I have been informed that Fernando Stelser was competing in the G/GSS class driving an Audi TT Sport which has a TURBO and is not qualified to compete in that class. It was suggested that I get in touch with Fernando and see if he would like to get this matter straightened out with the LTA officicals. Granted I was not there at the event to protest him, but I am still of the opinion that the results of his runs should not stand as  record in G/GSS, he should have been competing in G/BGSS.

I don't mind competeing and even being beat by cars that are qulified to compete in my class, but rules are rules. I do plan on being at Loring for the 2012 event.

I have not been able to find out how to get in touch with Fernando, but He can reach me by email at iamflagman@aol.com.

Could the results be a mistake in class?  Don't the inspectors verify blown or unblown.  That's not a small mistake. :|

I would think that this was an honest mistake, but a mistake just the same and his speed should not stand as a record in the G/GSS class, as it does at this time according the the posted records.

While I was sitting in the staging lines at Maxton last weekend, I was informed by one of the LTA officials that was also at Maxton that this record issue has been resolved and my 2009 speed still stands as the official G/GSS record. I won't be at Loring this year due to my budget for Bonneville this year, but I will be up at Loring in 2012 to see if I can improve on that record if it is still standing by then, if not I'll try to break the newer one. Thanks LTA for following through with this!!

I'm sorry that I can't remember the LTA officials name, I have a hard enough time remembering my own name at times.
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

Offline tedgram

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 12:44:23 AM »
 iamflagman, glad it's been resolved. I've been wondering what was going on there.

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 04:37:48 AM »
iamflagman, glad it's been resolved. I've been wondering what was going on there.

Thanks again for your help and support on this issue!!
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!