Author Topic: Seat rule if running in open class  (Read 7726 times)

Offline nrhs sales

Re: Seat rule if running in open class
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »
Seat humps are NO GO at Bubs this year in open class.  It better be flat at the back.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:29:53 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline maj

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »
Jim took the tail fairing off the 750 last year, just left the framework, can't remember if it was at speedweek or Bubs , don't think it made all that much difference, std type tail fairings are not realy big enough to be any real aero advantage

Offline Chaulkdust

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »
Yep, kinda figured it would probably end up that way. So here is my last minute effort, just need to toss on some padding/cover (hard to make a POS look decent for the BUBet's, AMAski's and FIMflam's). I have a bunch of things that need to get done before I leave for BUB on Aug 21st (17 days for me). Can't be messing with this seat stuff. A little surprised more folks have commented, perhaps no one goes to BUB anymore (probably the last time for me as well). My fix was simple, but I feel sorry for the stock seats racers that can't be replaced so easily.

Ron Pavlak
Florida

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »
And there are people that think my tube frame rails are uncomfortable ...  I think that the flat board is going to crush your nuts ...

Offline Chaulkdust

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
Just got back from the store - No Crushing for me!

Ron Pavlak
Florida

Offline AHG

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
Posted on BUB Speed Trials website 8/10/2010
http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2010_event/AMA-BUB-Aerodynamic-Clarification-UPDATED080910.pdf

If anyone has further inquiries regarding the above; I may be reached at the following numbers,
and if not available immediately will return your email or call as promtly as possible.

Thank You
Drew Gatewood
gears55@frontier.com (new email address)
219-926-5647 (Indiana)

~ I CAN COUNT MY LIFE ON ONE HAND ~
Faith, Family, Friends, & Fast Motorcycles

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 05:50:58 PM »
WooHoo.  Glad to see the AMA reacts quickly to a potential problem!!!  Thanks to all who were involved in getting this clarified quickly!!!

Offline Chaulkdust

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
Looks like I have an extra seat! What do you think the last line of the revision means?
"The primary seat area of the motorcycle must be covered at all times". Hopefully nothing surprising.
Ron Pavlak
Florida

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Primary seat area must be covered at all times????

Offline AHG

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
"Looks like I have an extra seat! What do you think the last line of the revision means?
"The primary seat area of the motorcycle must be covered at all times". Hopefully nothing surprising".

Google this - Matthew 7:7
then reread post #20 
9am - 6pm CST
~ I CAN COUNT MY LIFE ON ONE HAND ~
Faith, Family, Friends, & Fast Motorcycles

Offline motomocean

• New folks
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
The AMA is beginning to write rules like the FAA. in the first amendment (June 29, 2010)it is shall not which according to their word usage in the rule book is mandatory. In the latest amendment (August 6, 2010) it is should not again according to their word usage is recommended. My thought is bring both seats and see which one passes tech insp. to set a precedent for next year. Ah humans, so analog, but that's what makes it so much fun.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
I am pretty sure they are trying to avoid the debacle that happened last year where folks were putting a rag on top of their battery and sitting on it due to them being told they had to remove their seat and tail secions.  Basically they are saying you need to have some sort of cover over your electronics and what not. No open holes with stuff exposed under your butt. at least that is my interpretataion.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
As you can see from my photo the seat is designed and engineered and actually comfortable. It is not removable. It doesnt have much cover but it has nothing to cover. 

Joe

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »
Joe,

Put a thin piece of foam rubber over it if there might be a concern.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »
I need the bottom open ... I have a seat pan that I made first time around but I crushed my nuts when I sat on it ... I will make something to comply ... Joe