Author Topic: XXO Engine Classification Clarification, Please!  (Read 18653 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: XXO Engine Classification Clarification, Please!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »

Ditto.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

LittleLiner

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
Double ditto!!!

I think the rules and the rule book (SCTA and ECTA) are excellent.  The problem we have is that the books are written in English.  No, that's not a joke.  English is tough to use when you want to put out something that is precise and will mean the same thing to a wide range of readers from new first time LSR folk up through the seasoned veterans and everybody in between.  There is an infinite number of possible car and bike body, frame and engine combinations that have to be addressed in one little book.  Very, very hard to do.  My hat is off to DW and the others that dedicate the time and effort to the rules and their interpretation. 

Offline dw230

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »
Thanks for the support everyone.

It is not only me that works hard on the rulebook. It takes a team to attack each section on an annual basis. I mentioned in another post that I am currently tackling the engine swap wording in the GT section. One battle at a time.

I invited Panic to supply his input to help with the rulebook a little later this year because he seems to have some definite ideas as to how the book should read. No response yet.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jl222

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
Thanks for the support everyone.

It is not only me that works hard on the rulebook. It takes a team to attack each section on an annual basis. I mentioned in another post that I am currently tackling the engine swap wording in the GT section. One battle at a time.

I invited Panic to supply his input to help with the rulebook a little later this year because he seems to have some definite ideas as to how the book should read. No response yet.

DW

Watch out for invisible ink :-)

JL222