Author Topic: XXO/BVGC '38 Chevy Coupe Build  (Read 1029344 times)

Offline Buickguy3

Re: XXO/BVGC '38 Chevy Coupe Build
« Reply #2370 on: October 24, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
Rich, There should be a "Like" button on here. Glad to see you back. [Now get to work  :-D]
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline BoredAndStroked

« Reply #2371 on: November 25, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I've received a lot of emails and calls asking where the Flatcad team disappeared too- well, we're still here!

After 2 rain outs, we took a little time off, and are now ready to begin the winter thrash, so we can attemt 200 MPH next year!

Updates will start soon!

You forgot the 'Wind Out' as well!   Yes - we're back and getting tooled up to get some more stuff done.  The good news about NOT running last year . . .  we didn't break anything and the car has been ready for a year.  Now we have some time to screw with it a bit and see if we can resolve some issues that we've seen . . .
Member of FlatCad Racing Team - 2011, 2012
Goal:  Have fun, make friends, be safe - learn as much as possible, contribute when I can and hopefully get in the books!

Offline POPS

« Reply #2372 on: November 30, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
BUD,
BOB BROOKS PASSED AWAY AND WE WANT TO SELL ALL HIS FLAT CAD PARTS. WE ALSO HAVE THE LAKESTER FOR SALE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED.
DON JACKSON
djje2@cox.net
714-269-9645

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #2373 on: November 30, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »
Don, that's heartbreaking news! My deepest condolances!

I have sent you an email and phone message in regards to the car and operas.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2374 on: January 22, 2015, 08:20:43 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I've received a lot of emails and calls asking where the Flatcad team disappeared too- well, we're still here!

After 2 rain outs, we took a little time off, and are now ready to begin the winter thrash, so we can attemt 200 MPH next year!

Updates will start soon!

Buddy,

?     ?     ?

Have you guys been eaten by zombies?

:cheers:
F/B
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2375 on: January 22, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »
FB, you know the Zombies have better taste than that!  :-D Maybe it was the hogs that got 'em with all the talk about flying pigs!  :-o

Earth to FlatCad come in FlatCad!  :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline pops29

« Reply #2376 on: February 09, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
Hi All  

We are all still alive and well,, Dale has Retired from his job and now is enjoying the life of old guys but is still stuck with the team.    Buddy has been working his Acura off after the oil price dump to stay employed, So far he is working but now overseeing multiple drilling rigs not just one, so his time is limited. As for me I am waiting for Buddy to find time to bring the car to California to my shop so we can get a few going before BV.

Don    
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:17:51 PM by pops29 »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2377 on: February 09, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
Thanks for the update Pops. :cheers:

I hope things improve for Buddy.

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2378 on: February 10, 2015, 01:35:19 AM »
Sorry to hear about the situation.

Hope things improve for everybody.

Thanks for the update.

F/B
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2379 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »
Thanks for the news Don. Hope everything shakes out with you guys. Here's to hoping this year is the one for the elusive 200mph run!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #2380 on: February 21, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
Thanks for the update Pops! I have been talking/typing with Dale. Sounds like he may become a neighbor in the next year or two!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2381 on: July 28, 2015, 02:21:42 AM »
does anyone know how to get in touch with Buddy?  He has changed phones
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Online WZ JUNK

« Reply #2382 on: July 28, 2015, 07:16:43 AM »
does anyone know how to get in touch with Buddy?  He has changed phones

I have his new phone number at the shop.  I will try to contact you later.

John
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2383 on: July 28, 2015, 10:51:26 AM »
He's still alive and well--My question to him--How's Texas?---"Hot and miserable in long sleeves---but it is a JOB!!"  After this 2 week shift--he is heading to CA to get the car ready for WOS if there is any such animal  Looking forward to seeing Ms Flattie run again!!  Just because we call her Ms Flattie doesn't mean she is flat chested.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2384 on: July 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM »
Not by a long shot Sparky! That gal has some serious curves!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson