Author Topic: XXO/BVGC '38 Chevy Coupe Build  (Read 1031190 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: XXO/BVGC '38 Chevy Coupe Build
« Reply #2220 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:41 PM »
Well said Joe.

I think Buddy's out of reach but OD was really out of line. Frankie, whom I've never met in person got attacked for voicing his opinion.
Wrong!!! The word Forum comes from????? Yup.  :-D

I'm going to say Frankie's IQ is higher than OD's LSX, LS whatever's terminal velocity.

I'm glad I'm not into drag racing. Maybe the nitro fumes affect you?. :evil:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2221 on: April 01, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »
Maybe the nitro fumes affect you?.

They have me  :-D  But just recalling the sound of an early Chrysler with a heavy load brings goose bumps to me now just typing it--it has definitely is on my bucket list  "De NITRO C"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2222 on: April 01, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »
Sparky... you gonna nitro a No Nitro (H) record  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:14:27 AM by SPARKY »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2223 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »
C  DE Nitro  8-)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:17:38 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #2224 on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
  Sort of like this:  http://youtu.be/UeX9mPoC8j0

Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2225 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »
Luv it when they switch to nitro. My eyes water, my ears hurt and my nostrils burn just thinking about it.  :-o :-o :-o  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #2226 on: April 02, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
I've never raced on the salt, but I sure as hell know how much harder 200mph on pavement is
than I expected. It took way more $$$ and time than I thought, and I give HUGE props to guys
who get it done on the salt.

As for Buddy, I'm in awe anytime you take something to the limit and then some. What's more
impressive at 200, an old Cad flathead or a nitro top fuel motor? "It's more fun to drive a slow
car fast than driving a fast car slow" - same idea here.

While I use an LSx and see the benefits from a starting hp standpoint, out of the box stuff like
the '38 impresses me more because it "shouldn't go that fast"... BTW, Buddy- I'm wearing my
Quest 200 shirt today, it's one of my favorites (next to my 2 Club shirt, of course)
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2227 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »
To get that "mighty fast pig" over 2 is dodge sure going to take more skills & KNOWLEDGE than being a "parts assembler"  here's to:

Lovin MISS PIGGY

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:19:14 AM by SPARKY »

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2228 on: April 02, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »
I second that!  :cheers:  :-D  :cheers:  :-D  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #2229 on: April 03, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
third that Sparky :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Tman

« Reply #2230 on: April 06, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »
The thing that makes LSR so cool are things like Flatcad, that Jimmy six in a Firebird, a Fox body Mustang with a flathead, a Buick straight 8 in a Jag. If you can not see that then you are lost at sea with no help in sight! :-D :roll:

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #2231 on: April 06, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »
The thing that makes LSR so cool are things like Flatcad, that Jimmy six in a Firebird, a Fox body Mustang with a flathead, a Buick straight 8 in a Jag. If you can not see that then you are lost at sea with no help in sight! grin rolleyes

or you may not have both oars in the water..............
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #2232 on: April 06, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
........or you may not have both oars in the water..............

That is a prerequisite.   :-D
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline Tman

« Reply #2233 on: April 10, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
I say 650 HP!  :wink:

Offline BoredAndStroked

« Reply #2234 on: April 12, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
Hey Gang:

Just got back last night from NorCal and working with the FlatCad crew - getting our engine together, tuned and tested for El Mirage and Bonneville. It was a lot of work to put the complete engine together starting on Saturday morning, complete it by Monday night and get it to Chico and Vintage Hot Rod (John Beck's dyno) on Tuesday.

We flogged the crap out of it - made a LOT of pulls, overcame issues along the way and I believe we have a good tune and plan for both El Mirage and Bonneville. We're learning what this engine will produce and what abuse it will take - it has impressed all of us along the way. You might say that we're making it up as we go - there is no 'experience' or tribal knowledge to fall back on.

Here is our last solid dyno run:

1) 90% alcohol, 10% nitro, just over 19 lbs of boost. Still a little bit 'fat', but we like it that way. We made 653 HP - not too bad for the ole' girl!

It is a torque monster - over 700 ft lbs by about 4700 rpm. Should be able to pull tall gears.

Turn it up, scare your neighbors and make your dogs howl . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c12HEMcP4ls

Thanks for your support!

B&S and the FlatCad Crew
Member of FlatCad Racing Team - 2011, 2012
Goal:  Have fun, make friends, be safe - learn as much as possible, contribute when I can and hopefully get in the books!