Author Topic: Thanks Porkpie  (Read 1784 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Thanks Porkpie
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:08:36 AM »
I received an envelope in the mail the other day, and when I seen it was from Germany I knew right away that it was from one of the many friends we had made while racing at Bonneville. In the last four years that we have been racing, Porkpie has been one of those friends not too many people have the opportunity to meet. I would like to just thank him here on Landracing where I am sure that those here who know him will agree that he is such a genuine friend. His photography talents are superb. In this envelope were a couple of CD's with some photos on them. Not just any photo's, but photo's of last year at Bonneville when I had an opportunity to upgrade my license while riding Willie's bike. I do believe that he caught one of my most special moments on a bike and has locked the memory of the moment in just one photo. I will be putting this picture on my desk and every time that I look at it, I will remember how lucky I have been to have had the chance to meet all of you and yours. And I can truly say that it's been a lifetime achievement just to have stood in line and raced among so many infamous people. Thanks Porkpie. Thanks to all my friends in LSR.

See you on the Salt.
Sheri Buchta

Offline GH

Re: Thanks Porkpie
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »
I agree with all you said about Pork Pie. He sent me a great photo of my car at speed with the chute out. I use it for the background on my laptop.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Thanks Porkpie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
Sheri & Willie,

good to read that the CD make it.

Glad, that you like the picture.

Unfortunately, at that meet I was so busy....not only that I miss Willie on the bike....but also a team picture with all the bikes....sorry for that.
Hope we can take care this time.

Looking for to see you at the salt

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)