Author Topic: Great bike, great race, great people  (Read 2054 times)

Offline V8Pinto

Great bike, great race, great people
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:29:49 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks to all the people that helped me have the best weekend I have had in a long time.

When I decided to ride my bike to the races, I knew I would be going without a lot of things but everybody helped me out and it couldn't have turned out better - LSR has some really great people.

Thanks to Noonan for helping me through tech, Vince, APE, and Scott Horner for help with the bike, Willie and Sheri for feeding me and giving me a place to sleep that wasn't hard dirt.  Mike Hutton for offering to help me out everywhere.  Dave Consalvos for offering me a place to stay.  Scott and Paula for letting me ski the Busa back to the pits behind your bar car (and Paula for borrowing a car last minute to help me rob the bank hehehe). 

Because of everybody else chipping in, I was able to ride 875 miles round trip from Sacramento to Mojave, run the same bike 196MPH in the dirt, and cruise home loaded with gear getting 43 miles per gallon. 

Having lived in California all my life, I really enjoy early morning on the road in the central valley.  I sure did get my fill of it this weekend.  When I got home I was beaming from all the fun things I'd done.

Great LSR friends make it possible - thanks everyone!

ps.  Somewhere between Bakersfield and Tulare my backpack opened up and I lost my AC/DC shirt and my *ahem* unmentionables.  If you come across the unmentionables, I would leave them alone but I'm really interested in getting my AC/DC shirt back.  Let me know if you see it.
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Great bike, great race, great people
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »
So you don't want your "chonies"... :-D

Shane,

Youare a great racer and competitor, it was a pleasure helping you and I am sure the others feel the same way, I know you cannot take help from the SDRC members in public because you are in another club however anytime we can help let us know  :-D. (just kidding)

Thank you to all that helped you on this great adventure..875 miles at 40 mpg= 21.875 gallons of fuel/gas 21.875 X $3.08 per gallon= $67.375 in fuel cost, getting to race at El Mirage in front of your fellow club, SCTA members and spectators is Priceless.  :cheers: :cheers:

congrats on your great adventure.. :cheers:

Stay thirsty my friend...

Noonan

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:20:50 AM »
Shane, when you brought up the idea of the trip I felt it was one of those awesome life experiences in the making.  As I have found as well, the people who make up LSR are the exception rather than the norm in generosity and hospitality.  Thanks for being one of those people.

Your El Mirage journey only heightens my excitement and energy level for this summer on the Salt.  I am sorry for the devastating loss of your AC/DC shirt.  At times we must make huge sacrifices to achieve our dreams and aspirations. I will play "Ride On" tonight in honor of your amazing weekend and in tribute to the shirt.  :cheers:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
Shane, you are the man!! What a great adventure and an awesome achievement. If my memory is correct, crs some times rears its ugly head, your speed this weekend is close to your best on "old number seven". And you rode it to the track. Too cool.
I look forward to seeing you on the salt next month'

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing