Author Topic: off board starter  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

off board starter
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
Hi Folks,
Well PJ & I have read the rule book & cannot find anything about using off board starters.
We will be running a Suzuki GS1150 in the special construction class, as we are converting a dragrace chassis for use on the salt.
So we need to know if this going to cause us any problems, with us using a off board starter in the classes we want to run in, which will be gas & fuel as we will be running nitrous as well.
Thanks
Dave & PJ 

Offline Beairsto Racing

Re: off board starter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:28 PM »
No issues, you just want to make sure that you have a dependable means of starting the bike at the starting line, one that won't hold up the others behind you. Once your bike is fired up, someone will have to put the starter, battery, cart etc in your chase vehicle, rather than leaving it on the start line.
Some people use roller starters, they are alot more cumbersome than what you have planned.
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
Thank you, thats what we needed to hear, shouldnt be a problem we will start the bike when we are 4/5 bikes before our run.   

Offline willieworld

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
buzz  the track at bonneville will have 2 lines to the starting line ---when the vehicle in front of you leaves the starter will run the first vehicle in the other line then you ---i usually start my motor when the vehicle in the other line leaves and im next--with a remote you may want to start a little earlier ---and i usually warm up my motor when im 4 or 5 back in line              willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta