Author Topic: Fuel Shutoff  (Read 3151 times)

Offline xbluewaterx

• New folks
Fuel Shutoff
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
This is another question regarding my new fueling setup. Again I am prepping my car just to run the 150mph club this year at the World of Speed. I am running a 2004 VW R32 which is basically a 2 door all wheel drive golf. The 10 gallon fuel cell is installed in the rear hatch. I am running 2 Aeromotive A1000 pumps and an Aeromotive PRO-EFI Regulator. My question is what sort of fuel shutoffs do I need to run? Do I need anything other than the ignition kill which will kill the pumps or the master kill switch?

Offline DallasV

Re: Fuel Shutoff
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
This is another question regarding my new fueling setup. Again I am prepping my car just to run the 150mph club this year at the World of Speed. I am running a 2004 VW R32 which is basically a 2 door all wheel drive golf. The 10 gallon fuel cell is installed in the rear hatch. I am running 2 Aeromotive A1000 pumps and an Aeromotive PRO-EFI Regulator. My question is what sort of fuel shutoffs do I need to run? Do I need anything other than the ignition kill which will kill the pumps or the master kill switch?
Not that I can tell,
Here are the 150 rules: http://saltflats.com/I50_Club_2009.html
Here is a copy of the Inspection Checklist: http://saltflats.com/Forms/150%20car%20INSPECTION%20form%20June%2009.pdf
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline xbluewaterx

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
The problem is that they don't mention any rules about an aftermarket fuel system because they probably assume that everyone will be running stock fuel tanks. So I am guessing that I have to follow the SCTA rules.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »
My understanding has always been that if you have a mechanical fuel pump you need a shut off. If your pumps are electric and wired in with your ignition, that covers it. Along with the inerital switch. I have never used factory fuel system and this has always got me through tech

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »
Good Lord thats a lot of fuel system for a VW.  The SCTA rules are strictly for open land speed competition. The 150 and 130 club are WOS only, so the info referred to will take care of you.  If you were running open competition you would not only need a fuel pump shut off, but an inertial shut off for your fuel pumps as well.  If you feel safer having these, you can use them.

Steve    
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline xbluewaterx

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »
Yeah the car has a lot of power. So it needed 2200cc injectors which requires the 2 pumps.
The only part I don't have is the inertial switch which sounds like I will need.

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
Like I said the inertial is for open Comp, you are not required to have it in the 150.  I can't promote any particular brand on this web site, but I don't know how to PM, so I will just tell you that I run a Pegasis 1108 in my car.

Steve   
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT