Author Topic: XO/VGALT  (Read 3620 times)

Offline rebelce

XO/VGALT
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »
Ray and I are thinking of throwing in together again to put 1941 "Inline Fever" back on the salt. He would continue in it's current form in XO/VGC while I would use my engine and run in the next class up.   It's been a long time and I'm not current on the rules these days. The rollcage needs to be upgraged but after that, would it be possible to simply put a step pan on it and cover the grill to run it as an XO/VGALT?
                                                                            Arr

Offline RichFox

Re: XO/VGALT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
As I read the rules either or of those choices will get you in Alt. Is Ray going to use the injection I gave him? I hope so. Hope they work.

Offline rebelce

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »
Thanks Rich.  Ray showed those injectors to me, made me go right out and by Ford throttle bodies!  I hope he uses them too.
   One more question. Can you run the exhaust between the floor boards and the step pan?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 11:24:21 PM »
I guess so. You might write to the Vintage chair or the coup/sedan chair for a better answer. Don't want that step pan to start looking to much like a belly pan.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:53:31 AM »
By the way. I have a jig I made to make those cones for the injectiors. Works from about an inch longer to an inch shorter than the ones I made for Ray. If you want to make your own.

saltfever

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »
Rich, any chance you could post a pic of the jig?  :wink:

Offline RichFox

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
I would but the upload file is full and I quit. Email me at V4GMR@yahoo.com

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »
Just tape off the grille and remove the bumpers, that's all I ever did with my '40 and I held the record from 1975 until BMR came along. I was lucky I could also take off the headlights.

Putting a step pan under a car with all the stock type stuff hanging under it would be a real pain that is why I never did it. If you have enough power i won't realy matter unless it it required, Jimmy Stevens left everything under his street roadster and just removed the fenders and headlights for the gas/roadster record...............good luck glad to see that car coming back
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro