Author Topic: running up in class  (Read 16972 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: running up in class
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »
don a D engine is 261 to 305.99 cu in displacement  --your motor would have to be in that range to be a D motor---too large no record--to small  no record __and 300 more dollars to switch to the right class if you have made a run                               willie buchta
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:08:42 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline don

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »
Yes I understand all of that, the question is, Is it really checked? If it checks out that it is 305 do the inspectors say nope no record your engine is too small?
Not plannning on doing this, seems a hard way to get a record.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »
don  if you claim a record and i turns out you are in the wrong motor class not only will you not get the record but it will cost you 300 dollars to change to the right class and you will have to go back through tech----and yes they will check your motor size unless it is sealed --to get it sealed though you will have to have the displacement checked                           willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2010, 03:32:11 PM »
racer x--this may come as a surprise but the ecta rulebook is a duplicate of the scta rulebook with very few exceptions---thats a good thing we can race at different tracks without any changes---p-p is production- production unless its p-pp then its production -production pushrod----the record in p-p at el mirage is 134.029 held by fellow club member mark anderson--there is no M class at el mirage --if you are interested go to       www. scta-bni.org          on the home page you will find  minimums - records -el mirage procedures---sheri and i do the website for our club the gear grinders   there are over 1000 pics posted         www.thegeargrinders.com      hope that answers your questions  willie buchta

Thanks for the links.
 I do know the ECTA and SCTA rule books are duplicates of each other. But for the separate class for two and four stroke engines. I have a Four stroke in a four stroke class. My bike is far from production. .I did not see a M or Modified class at El Mirage . So I guess I would have to go altered partial streamline class .That record is 163 .I would need 110 hp to go that fast.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline willieworld

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »
there is no M class at el mirage   i cant find the record 163.1 on the scta website       willie buchta
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:45:29 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
there is no M class at el mirage   i cant find the record 163.1 on the scta website       willie buchta
The 163 I found on the El Mirage record book. I would guess I have to run APS-F 250 to use my bike with nitrous.I do care about records .But I would just like to see what my bike would do at different tracks. One thing for sure .I would use an air filter out there.

http://www.scta-bni.org/El%20Mirage/records/EM_Records.html

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
Density altitude at Maxton last Saturday -- 26 June -- was, according to Joe Timney's weather station, a bit over 4,000 feet.  All of us N/A racers were pleased when we ran anywhere even NEAR a record speed.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »
Density altitude at Maxton last Saturday -- 26 June -- was, according to Joe Timney's weather station, a bit over 4,000 feet.  All of us N/A racers were pleased when we ran anywhere even NEAR a record speed.
I was more than pleased .I was giddy. Or maybe it was the heat. :cheers:

Offline willieworld

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
silly me i was looking in the gas class--- on the ecta site i was looking through the run logs for june and
 noticed there was a bike running # 7 ---all of us scta and ecta get our numbers from the same place--there is a block of numbers reserved for the ecta---at el mirage there is a year long (6 races) battle for overall champion --club champion  ( 12 of those ) starting position and anyone who finishes 1 through 25 can run that number the following year --they cannot sell or let someone else use that number---the scta has been in business sense 1937  the club i belong to the gear grinders sense 1938 the # 7 finisher in 2009 was erik hansson car # 132  should have exclusive use of that number for the 2010 race season  thanks   willie buchta
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:41:32 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
Bike 7 or B7 is Madcap racing .An altered Partial Streamline four stroke 250 that went 116 all motor in the heat of June. That was last years 7th place finisher.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 10:26:19 PM »
Willie,

The bike in question is entered as number    7-B 

Not 7  and not B7

I am not certain how bike numbers work, but for cars the ECTA gets the numbers from SCTA and assigns to us..

ECTA I think has a block of 9000's assigned,,,, I asked for older retired numbers and the ECTA and SCTA folks worked it out for me,,

my car numbers are 806 for the Vicky and 805 for the Stude  I also have 1806 for the next project (unless 804 or 807 come up as open next spring)

Charles

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
the scta controlls all of the numbers for both the scta and the ecta  --i saves a lot of confusion --i will repeat what i said earlier ---that numbers 1 through 25 are reserved by the scta for the top 25 finishers at el mirage --you cant just make up a number and put it on your vehicle--all numbers are assigned so that there are no 2 vehicles wirh the same number--all bike numbers are followed by a B ---not on the bike but on all of the paperwork --if you have a trophy from the scta on a bike the number will also be followed by a B                    just some thoughts   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline tekebird

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »
ECTA: the top 10 cars and top 10 bikes from the year prior may choose to run their finishing place as their number the following year.

hence the 7-B 

it is not a made up number but is authorized and recognized by the ECTA

for several years the Black Busa SC rig was running 1-B

Offline willieworld

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2010, 02:15:08 AM »
followed by the letter B --i get it but i dont think that will fly at bonneville or el mirage  all of the bike numbers there are followed by the letter B on the paperwork    http://www.scta-bni.org/El%20Mirage/ELM%2010/June/results/page.htm      willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »
ECTA: the top 10 cars and top 10 bikes from the year prior may choose to run their finishing place as their number the following year.

hence the 7-B 

it is not a made up number but is authorized and recognized by the ECTA

for several years the Black Busa SC rig was running 1-B

That is Toms rig that Bob Moreland of the SDRC built a few years ago, it is like ours however has the wheeel on a steeek on the left side for the right hand turn  and turn out at Maxton.. :cheers: