Author Topic: running up in class  (Read 16953 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: running up in class
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
you are picking on me---if you read my earlier post you will see i said i would rather have 1 record that would never be broken than a hundred that will be broken next year---i have never been to maxton to race although i passed near there a couple of years ago on a motorcycle trip---i would really like to come to maxton and race and set a record but high enough so i wouldnt have to come back every year and defend it ---lets see a big smiley face from all of the ecta members that are thinking about coming to el mirage and racing in the dirt on a 105 degree day                         willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline WildBro

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
you are picking on me---if you read my earlier post you will see i said i would rather have 1 record that would never be broken than a hundred that will be broken next year---i have never been to maxton to race although i passed near there a couple of years ago on a motorcycle trip---i would really like to come to maxton and race and set a record but high enough so i wouldnt have to come back every year and defend it ---lets see a big smiley face from all of the ecta members that are thinking about coming to el mirage and racing in the dirt on a 105 degree day                         willie buchta

All us ECTA people would race Elmo if it was closer.  See desotoman's post for the reason we don't (in reverse), oh and add... 1 or maybe 2 runs only for all that travel also.

Mojave Mile is close to you, run there under ECTA rulings just to see how you would do in the mile.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline bak189

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
Going and racing in Maxton.....we certainly have the time....we certainly have the transportation.....
we certainly have the sidecars.......we certainly have the money......BUT we certainly do no race without a passenger.......PLUS will the family except our entry?.......PLUS I could get a ride in Eds sidecar....
(been there done that....and I have the balls) BUT than no.. passenger allowed at ECTA  However, this old man
(73) would need to see a insurance cert. from Ed that all passengers in his sidecar are insured.. at my age one needs to cover it all.

I don't expect a reply.....as I am being ignored
Question authority.....always

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

Come to Lake Gairdner Willie,plenty of records there for the picking....no points to worry about,no minimums ,no fire ants , no dust....um..actually there's a 100 miles of it on the way in..... it was 110 when Noonan was there :-D :-D
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »

I did not mean to pick on you really. I did read you post .Having a record to high to reach is the dream.
   I would Love to go to el mirage I can take the heat and I love to race. 
It is just that I have seen so many people including myself that looked at the record book and said . I would just go down there and set a record. It took me a year to get a soft one. 16 records in a weekend would be a record by itself.

Bak189 I wont ignore you . At 73 there is to much to learn from you to risk ignoring you . Sorry you cant ride along at Maxton .But you would be welcome if you did come to race.

When I move to New Zealand I will only be able to race at Lake Gairdner.Unless they have a 2 mile runway no one is using.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline dw230

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
"Mojave Mile is close to you, run there under ECTA rulings just to see how you would do in the mile."

I must have missed the memo. Did Mike say he was going to use the ECTA book and record database?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline WildBro

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »
"Mojave Mile is close to you, run there under ECTA rulings just to see how you would do in the mile."

I must have missed the memo. Did Mike say he was going to use the ECTA book and record database?

DW
Thats not what that quote says.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »

I did not mean to pick on you really. I did read you post .Having a record to high to reach is the dream.
   I would Love to go to el mirage I can take the heat and I love to race. 
It is just that I have seen so many people including myself that looked at the record book and said . I would just go down there and set a record. It took me a year to get a soft one. 16 records in a weekend would be a record by itself.

Bak189 I wont ignore you . At 73 there is to much to learn from you to risk ignoring you . Sorry you cant ride along at Maxton .But you would be welcome if you did come to race.

When I move to New Zealand I will only be able to race at Lake Gairdner.Unless they have a 2 mile runway no one is using.

Racer..

The slowest class your 250 could race in at Elmo is 134+ (PP) unless you run in the sidecar class which is only a record of 125+ in th SC-G class, what is the record at Maxton for the gas class in a two wheeler class or even a side car class? At Elmo the AD (air density) is rarely better than 2,400 feet, and often over 4800 feet.what is the elevation at Maxton on average?

J

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »
John I have the wrong bike for the SCTA.

As you know two stroke and four stroke engines are not run is separate classes. I have three choices .1 get a two stroke engine,2 make my four stroke engine faster than a 2 stroke.Or 3 don't race out west.I look at all the possibility's I like number two the best.So I hope to see you on the salt some day.

117mph is the Gas speed to beat. 119 is the fuel speed to beat at Maxton. I just went 112.3 in the heat. So I need 23 more MPH for that PP record . :-o What dose PP mean at El mirage?
What is the MPS 250 Fuel record at el mirage? would it be APS-F 250  at 163mph? That is what I would chase.

Maxton is 235 ft above sea level.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:50:47 AM by racer x »
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
Willie,,, I am not certain,, but it would seem you would/could make more HP here at Maxton than at Elmo, at least in April, May, Sept and Oct.. maybe June too !!   (In June we battle the high heat as you also do at Elmo, but the high Humidity is the real problem).

Come on out in Sept ot Oct... I will save you a spot in the pits ...

Happy 4th..

Charles

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »
racer x--this may come as a surprise but the ecta rulebook is a duplicate of the scta rulebook with very few exceptions---thats a good thing we can race at different tracks without any changes---p-p is production- production unless its p-pp then its production -production pushrod----the record in p-p at el mirage is 134.029 held by fellow club member mark anderson--there is no M class at el mirage --if you are interested go to       www. scta-bni.org          on the home page you will find  minimums - records -el mirage procedures---sheri and i do the website for our club the gear grinders   there are over 1000 pics posted         www.thegeargrinders.com      hope that answers your questions  willie buchta
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:29:31 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline don

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »
It is said that you cannot run up in class at Speedweek.
I am not a bike guy so I have to switch this over to cars.

Let’s say I have a 300 cui engine that would put me in D class which goes up to 305 cui. I hope I got that correct, if not I am sure I will be set straight in a positive way.  :roll:
If I go to Speedweek with this vehicle in C class and break a record, when they pump the engine will it be looked at that it is too small for that class? I thought it was being looked at if it was too large for that class.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
charles  its gets very hot at el mirage  ive seen it over 110 degrees in july  the corrected altitude there is between 2500 ft and 5000 ft --- 0 humidity --very dry AND DUSTY    ---if i had to guess ---lower altitude there--more humidity there --higher altitude here --lower humidity here --1 mile there concrete ---- 1 1/3 mile here dirt --- i think i could run as fast at maxton as i do at el mirage  1000cc---sc-pg 135.364---1000cc---sc-pf 141.296
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
Don,  a 300 cu in  engine is a D and only a D.... at SCTA  as I read the rules you must run in that motor class only...

If you run E  you are to big, if you run C  you are to small,,, either would disqualify you...

At Maxton  the D motor can run D and  UP Motor Class as long as you meet the body class.... you may not run Down to a smaller class...

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
charles  its gets very hot at el mirage  ive seen it over 110 degrees in july  the corrected altitude there is between 2500 ft and 5000 ft --- 0 humidity --very dry AND DUSTY    ---if i had to guess ---lower altitude there--more humidity there --higher altitude here --lower humidity here --1 mile there concrete ---- 1 1/3 mile here dirt --- i think i could run as fast at maxton as i do at el mirage  1000cc---sc-pg 135.364---1000cc---sc-pf 141.296

Willie,, I agree and even think you would run FASTER  here at Maxton... The only way to know is come on out... FYI.. even on a busy Sept or Oct...  you should get  3 to 6 runs on Saturday and  4 to 8 runs  or more on Sunday

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT