Author Topic: running up in class  (Read 16968 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: running up in class
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
deb  could you move from the sidecar class to the streamline sidecar class and then to the streamliner class    thanks   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »
deb  could you move from the sidecar class to the streamline sidecar class and then to the streamliner class    thanks   willie buchta

Only if you make the necessary body changes.
In order to run in the streamliner motorcycle classes, with or without the sidecar,  you must adhear to the roll cage, firewall, fire suit.... rules.

So, if you build a big fancy cage you could slide your rig into and bolt/weld it all on per the rules you probably could do it but that's a heck of a lot of work!

A traditional motorcycle with or without a sidecar is not allowed to just "run up" without change into the streamliner classes.

(we'd love to have you run on our turf & set up our baseline records in those open classes! The sooner we fill up the classes the sooner we can have a "true" points chase! :D As it stands now we're up to almost half our top ten finals in points being achieved only on existing records! I haven't checked the status for this year yet!)
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

LittleLiner

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
I believe, but you need to check with Turk/Timney, that you can change across frame classes. i.e. if the car is a true GC, then you can run Alt, cc. Check to be sure.

I actually like the rules and open records at Maxton because it encourages and allows newcomers to get into it when they see an attainable record that they can set. Once we get them hooked there is no backing out though...

I think moving from Gas Coupe to Altered requires a change.  (granted it isn't a big change - something like taping over headlights)  Same goes for moving to Comp Coupe which would require something like a stretched nose or full belly pan.  In short to move 'up' in body class requires the car to be changed to be a legal car in the new class.  From what I understand this is pretty much true for all venues/clubs.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »
thanks deb  i think i have it now---i have to stay in the same frame class but i can change motor classes as long as im moving up ---to change frame classes i would have to make the changes to fit that class--------i understand why ecta does it that way ---the scta  (at el mirage ) sets minimums for every class where there is no record---some of the minimums are high and it will be a while before they get broken--- just 2 ways of doing the same thing --hope to see you at bonneville    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Online Stan Back

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
Two questions . . .

How much do one of them records cost?

And can you do it by mail?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
Stan, you've made your point -- frequently.  Might I ask you to try to stick to a helpful and respectful attitude when you're posting in thread having to do with subjects or topics with which you don't agree?  Once again I say that I'm trying to keep this site - this Forum -- running as a valuable resource for ALL racers, not just those whom you happen to agree with.  "Dissing" folks or organizations doesn't add anything to the interchange -- other than letting us know that you don't like some particular item.

I'm sending this to you in the open -- not a private message -- because I hope EVERYONE sees and understands my concept of being helpful and not argumentative just for the sake of arguing.  Please do not take this as the owner's disobeyance of his own request to keep pi**ing contests private and not on the Forum.  We all can learn -- I hope.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »
thanks deb  i think i have it now---i have to stay in the same frame class but i can change motor classes as long as im moving up ---to change frame classes i would have to make the changes to fit that class--------i understand why ecta does it that way ---the scta  (at el mirage ) sets minimums for every class where there is no record---some of the minimums are high and it will be a while before they get broken--- just 2 ways of doing the same thing --hope to see you at bonneville    willie buchta

:cheers: That's the spirit, I feel like you do get it!! I like this post, makes me happy! :)

We look forward to seeing you guys at Speed Week and maybe someday in Maxton!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline t russell

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
I am guilty in running up in class ,I was 2nd & 7 in points in two years.The truck who was 1st ran up in points I did the same.None of the records in /mp are very high.I ran with in the rules.The members have voted on this rule many times and want it.If they change I will play with in the (new) rule.It is what it is and it beats drag/stockcar racing.
terry

LittleLiner

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »
Two questions . . .

How much do one of them records cost?

And can you do it by mail?

Stan

I assume you offered this post in good humor and with a smile.  I'll be happy to answer with my own experience.   
Net cost for my record that was set against an open record was about $1700. 
It cannot be done by mail. 

To do this I noticed a car on ebay that I was interested in buying (Street driven modified 89 Suzuki GTI).  I looked at the Maxton records list and saw that H/BFSS was open.  I bid and won the car.  ($5400 with tax and tags)  Bought a plane ticket, $250, flew to Flordia, Paid the sales tax drove it home via Washington DC to Pennsylvania.  Registered and insurred it in my state.  Added a tachometer ($150).  Drove it over 300 miles to Maxton (sept 2008) entered the race ($100 for early registration) Set the record on first pass at 114 mph.  Upped it to 126 mph second run.  Made three more runs (all slower).  Drove it 300 miles back to home.  (cost of food fuel and lodging not included because I would have gone to that event without the car anyway to volunteer)   In July 2009 sold the car for $4200.

Record was 8 mph faster than record for next lower class (I/BFSS) and was 3 mph faster than record in H/BGSS held by Tom Bruch.  For the one or two people that read this far there is more detail in the build section - under 'Beltway Bandit'

So far the record still stands.

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
Never mind, It's not worth the bandwidth...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:36:36 AM by LSR Mike »
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline bak189

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »
And I am not allowed to post.........
Question authority.....always

Offline WildBro

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 12:01:02 PM »
And I am not allowed to post.........

Name:  bak189
Position:  Sr. Member
Date Registered:  May 14, 2009, 12:20:15 AM
Last Active:  Today at 10:57:03 AM
Ignored by: ALL ECTA members

:-D
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline bak189

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »
See I told you.........
Question authority.....always

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 01:48:02 PM »
i understand bonneville and el mirage ---let me see if i understand maxton---i go there with my 1000cc sc-pg  and run  sc-pg   sc-pf   sc-pbg    sc-pbf   and do the some in 1350cc   1650cc   2000cc   3000cc    thats 16 records   --would i have enough time to do that at a 2 day event---and will the ecta honor my scta logbook and my scta engine seal     thanks  willie buchta
Please don't think I am picking on you Willie. I am not.

BUT I would like to see a show of smiles  :-) from everyone that said they where going to come to Maxton and take a bunch of those records.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline desotoman

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »

BUT I would like to see a show of smiles  :-) from everyone that said they where going to come to Maxton and take a bunch of those records.

LOL, I am one person you will never have to worry about unless I hit the lotto. From my place to Maxton is 2540.09 mi one way, and it would take 37 hrs 10 mins of driving time. So round trip would be 5100 miles, and 6 days of driving 12 plus hours a day. Just gas and hotel rooms would cost $1697.

Compared to El Mirage for me is 180 miles round trip, and 0 hotel rooms, equals $42 for gas and 3.5 hrs round trip.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.