Author Topic: Help on rules to Loring  (Read 9916 times)

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
Help on rules to Loring
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum and i start a new thread, because it's the first time i will go to Loring for race. I never race at mile mark event before and i prepare my bike for pass the tech inspection for break 200 mph at the event to Loring. I read the rules, but i have some questions on some rules ?

First my bike is a street bike, it's Kawasaki ZX9R Turbo 00. I built my turbo kit and tuned my self. I ran on the street with this set up since 4 years.

My set up is :

Motor #1 : J.E Forged Turbo pistons 8:1
Motor #2 : Stock and lower compression with space plate
Turbo kit is built my self
Turbo : Little Mitsubishi
Intercooler air to air
Water injection system too (50/50 water and methanol)
Bolt on extended swingarm +6 in.

I would like to know what is my race class ?

Frame class : M : Modified Production ( extended +6 in = 62 inches)   Right ???

Engine class : BG : Turbo motor with gasoline and water injection system allowed.
                                I would like to know if water injection system allowed is water only or 50/50 water
                                and methanol ???

Engine displacement class : 1000cc : my bike is 899cc ( no 900cc class  :cry:)   Right ???

Also,  the rule of the batteries is :

7.B.26 Batteries:
All batteries shall be properly secured with metal hold downs, framework and fasteners. Plastic tie-downs are not allowed. OEM battery hold-downs may not be adequate.

On my bike I don't have strap for secured my battery.  My OEM factory lock setup on my bike, it's my seat locked my battery. Do i need to strap my battery ???

Questions on secure the bolts and parts :

The front wheel shaft is lock by two bolts on each side ( OEM factory). Do i need to secure the bolts with a wire ???

The oil bolt for flush the motor oil, wired too ???

Need some modifications to the oil filter. My filter is relocated.

Thank you to everybody will help me.

Offline tedgram

Re: Help on rules to Loring
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »
  I believe if you run water injection with 50% alcohol you will be in fuel class.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »
Also the limit on swing arm length cannot be more than  10% over stock for M class. If your wheelbase is 56" then 5.6 over is the limit. Front axle must be safety wired on both ends and the pinch bolts must be safety wired.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:24:01 PM »
definately will be in fuel class, not gas if running methanol into your fuel.

Offline sabat

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
You would be in MPS-BF-1000. If you ran straight H2O in your water injection tank, you could run in MPS-BG-1000, but since both records are over 235 mph, I'd save yourself the hassle of getting your tank sealed and run in BF.

Nice bike  :cheers:

Dean

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
You would be in MPS-BF-1000. If you ran straight H2O in your water injection tank, you could run in MPS-BG-1000, but since both records are over 235 mph, I'd save yourself the hassle of getting your tank sealed and run in BF.

Nice bike  :cheers:

Dean

Thanks Dean,

I don't want break a record. Because, he don't have 900cc class and i'm will be in 1000cc class !!!! My little 899cc can't rival with the newest 1000cc turbo bikes. My turbo is a small turbo for the street and it's not good for break a record. I just want break the 200 mph mark. I go to Loring for fun and also it's not too far my home  :-)

I will going in MPS-BF-1000 class, because my bike is tuned with 50/50 W/M.

Dean, Can you think break your personal record (245mph) this years at Loring ?

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
Also the limit on swing arm length cannot be more than  10% over stock for M class. If your wheelbase is 56" then 5.6 over is the limit. Front axle must be safety wired on both ends and the pinch bolts must be safety wired.

The stock wheelbase is 55,7 in. + 10% = 61.27 in. My bike have ± 62 in. with extension :x   Can you tell me what is the # of this rule. I don't saw this rule  :?  and i want read this rule. Thanks

Offline sabat

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »
You're fine in Modified up to 68". The 10% rule is for the SCTA, not Loring. Loring follows the ECTA rulebook. (Some folks are SCTA-centric  :-D )

I have no idea how fast I may go at Loring this year. We had a decent tailwind last year on Sunday, and clearly I can't expect that again. In any case I had hoped to go 230+ at Maxton this year, and that hasn't happened, so who knows.

Dean

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »
As far as the battery goes, the seat locking it down won't be enough.  It will have to have some metal brackets/straps that secure it with the seat off.  You didn't say anything so i assume you already have a tether kill switch and full length metal chain guard already taken care of.  Safety wiring, or cotter pins, should be securing the front and rear axles.  Metal valve stems, proper rated tires, steering going lock to lock, stabilizer....  Look forward to meeting you and seeing her run.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:29 PM »
Long stainless steel hose clamp will satisfy rule and safely secure the battery ...

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
Long stainless steel hose clamp will satisfy rule and safely secure the battery ...

Thanks, i do it and it's work.

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 04:49:06 PM »
I know we need to drill and put a safety wiring on front/rear axles and i would like to know all bolts need wiring on the bike ?  Thanks

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »
I suggest you safety wire the drain plug ... I have brake calipers safety wired but not required ... remember dead man kill switch and steering damper. Metal valve stems and caps. Tires rated for speed of class.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
I suggest you safety wire the drain plug ...

i believe oil fill cap and oil filter need safety wire also.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Frank06

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »