Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 21151 times)

Offline WildBro

Re: June Photos
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Eric, in your experimentation with the tailsection, have you thought about filling in the space behind your butt? You have up to 40" I think in Modified.
Dean I need a whole new body. I have been just adding and subtracting from the bike to see what it dose. I want to build a new body BUT I am trying to have the worlds fastest Ninja 250 . So I need to keep it looking like a ninja 250 . That is getting more and more difficult as I go. I want to make a new Hump back there. But I think extending the swing arm and and making a smooth curve from back tire to back side will be a future project.

Your bike looks fantastic. I remember when it was almost stock. It, and you, have come a long way!  Congrats again!  :-)

X2
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2010, 09:14:23 PM »
Thank you .With out everyones help I would have not gotten this far or fast.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline fasteddie

• New folks
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
I set the sidecar record at Maxton Last weekend at 196.669 and if  BAK 189 wants to ride in it next time when i go 200 he is more then welcome, the 9684 sidecar and my sidecar are artulating sidecars , meaning they are free to balance up and down with a damper to controll the balancd,we can lean them like a 2 wheel bike.
I built mine by the rule book. Like i said i will take the ballast off and put your ass on it and see if you have the balls. Or why don,t you build one and come to Maxton and run on this rough ass track, put up are shut up,Eddie Powell #9669 :-)
ECTA Sidecar record holder 200.765 mph.

Offline WildBro

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »
I set the sidecar record at Maxton Last weekend at 196.669 and if  BAK 189 wants to ride in it next time when i go 200 he is more then welcome, the 9684 sidecar and my sidecar are artulating sidecars , meaning they are free to balance up and down with a damper to controll the balancd,we can lean them like a 2 wheel bike.
I built mine by the rule book. Like i said i will take the ballast off and put your Acura on it and see if you have the balls. Or why don,t you build one and come to Maxton and run on this rough Acura track, put up are shut up,Eddie Powell #9669 :-)

EDDIE! Glad to see you on this site  :cheers:

Good job on the 196.  Can't wait to see you go 200, maybe Sept.

Keep up the good work,
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline t russell

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2010, 07:14:28 PM »

EDDIE! Glad to see you on this site  :cheers:

Good job on the 196.  Can't wait to see you go 200, maybe Sept.

Keep up the good work,
Bill
[/quote]
X2
terry

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »
Eddie,

196 on a sidecar is awesome :cheers:

Post up some pictures and congrats on the great record... :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
Wait'll you see the paint job on his bike.  It's done in a WWII-era style, complete with rivets and battleship grey and even a pinup girl.  I was impressed the first time I saw it -- and his runs are impressive, too.  I probably have a photo of it someplace in the file -- maybe I can find it later on.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sabat

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 03:45:55 AM »
Welcome to the board Eddie, and congrats on your wicked fast standing mile passes.

I think David Whealon will be OK with me posting this pic from his site.

Offline CaminoKid

• New folks
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
I am with you Slim,that was one neat looking bike. the rivets were a real nice touch. :-D

Keep a smile on your face and let everybody wonder what your thinking.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »
I found this one. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

On internet forums, whenever people place words inside quotes, it generally implies that they mean the opposite. Sarcasm. Scorn.

I learned something today. I use the quote button all the time, and it is not to put someone down. I use it to reply to a post, so that people know what I am responding to.

One of the biggest problems with posting on the internet is you cannot see the person's face to really understand, and comprehend what they are saying. This leads to misinterpreted posts.

Tom G.

Tom, keep using the quote button.... in an ECTA photo thread all the sidehack discussion requires understanding who is replying to what.  The sarcasm quote is when you say something like Willie holds the "galactic" record for pushrod sidecars.... implying sarcasm ....
as we all know his is the intergalactic record...  :roll:

BTW, great pictures, congrats to all the ECTA racers for racing... and a bigger congrats to the record setters. :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »
Geez  the second time today I learn how dumb I am---I use "  :cheers: " all the time well I guess I am going to be forced to UNlearn someold habits  :-D lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

On internet forums, whenever people place words inside quotes, it generally implies that they mean the opposite. Sarcasm. Scorn.

I learned something today. I use the quote button all the time, and it is not to put someone down. I use it to reply to a post, so that people know what I am responding to.

One of the biggest problems with posting on the internet is you cannot see the person's face to really understand, and comprehend what they are saying. This leads to misinterpreted posts.

Tom G.

Tom, keep using the quote button.... in an ECTA photo thread all the sidehack discussion requires understanding who is replying to what.  The sarcasm quote is when you say something like Willie holds the "galactic" record for pushrod sidecars.... implying sarcasm ....
as we all know his is the intergalactic record...  :roll:

BTW, great pictures, congrats to all the ECTA racers for racing... and a bigger congrats to the record setters. :cheers:

RSS, that is Bpoop, we all know I have the intergalactic record for any sidecar in any universe... :-D

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
One way to stay cool in June Sit on a Triumph.
Thank you to all the volunteers