Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 21179 times)

Offline sabat

Re: June Photos
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »
I am so glad that I am not a part of this one.

DW

Too late for me.

bak189; On internet forums, whenever people place words inside quotes, it generally implies that they mean the opposite. Sarcasm. Scorn. Perhaps you're not aware of this, and I misinterpret the intention of your post, since you obviously have so much "respect" for other racers.

I haven't raced a sidecar (yet). Do you race in the ECTA? That's the sanction we're talking about, right?

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Sabat....Read the post again.....I did congrats Rob on his "record".....(do you race a sidecar?)

How is that a congratulations when you can't write it without it being in quotes? What are the quotes supposed to imply?

Sabat's team races a sidecar so he's well versed and welcomed to run it any time he wants. Each member has their position on our team, right now it's another pilots ride. If it will make you feel better & his argument hold any weight we'll be happy to give him the next go on it. I can assure you he's an intelligent and skilled rider, it won't be much of a challenge and I don't see it making any difference at all in his knowledge on the subject nor do I see it making any difference to you so what's the point?  :roll: It's a shame you're so grumpy about sidecars. With your knowledge you could be a great ambassador instead you choose to attack anyone that dares to run one. As stated earlier, the ECTA gets its rules from the SCTA so there's really no point in griping about the ECTA's enforcement of rules and facilitating 1 mile records. If you don't like what we allow you need to change it with the SCTA and we'll follow suit.

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »

On internet forums, whenever people place words inside quotes, it generally implies that they mean the opposite. Sarcasm. Scorn.

I learned something today. I use the quote button all the time, and it is not to put someone down. I use it to reply to a post, so that people know what I am responding to.

One of the biggest problems with posting on the internet is you cannot see the person's face to really understand, and comprehend what they are saying. This leads to misinterpreted posts.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bak189

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
Sabat......Are you maybe related to Rob..........brother, father, cousin, uncle????

If Rob has a problem with the way I treated him let him speak for himself and I will handle it accordingly
 He does not need you to speak for him........

SO GET OFF MY BACK, SABAT...... and tell Rob to contact me either on this forum or by PM if he feels there is a need.

Hey DW.....jump right in here if you like.......maybe you too can also be called a nasty names by the happy ECTA folks............
                                       Thank you...desotoman.........................
Back to the pictures......
Question authority.....always

Offline sabat

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »
It was so nice communicating with you bak189, I'll be getting off your back now.

Maybe I'll click over to the BUB section and see if I can stir (edit) the pot...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:12:59 PM by sabat »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
bak189 Rob is an ECTA racer, that makes him family to all of us ECTA racers. WE as ECTA racers take offense to you speaking to one of our racers in such a condescending manor. Why don't you just apologize to all of us for this little pi$$ festival? You've insulted a racer, you've insulted the organization, you've insulted the rules (which we didn't even write), you've insulted the techs, you've insulted our vehicles. If apologizing is beneath you then why don't you just quit posting in the ECTA section? Your disdain for our track is obvious. We get it. It's noted. It's documented. It's written on the bathroom wall. I fail to see why you insist on going on and on and on about it. It's not fixing or changing anything. If you don't like the rules take it up with the SCTA. If you don't ever plan to race with the ECTA then why read or post in our section?

And I don't consider not wanting to listen to or take someones crap a sign of being too sensitive. I call it standing up for myself, my friends, my family, my organization and my passion. Need we go on with this senselessness?

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Maybe you just need to have the last word, so go for it!

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline dw230

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »
Sorry Bob,
They love me.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 03:19:02 PM »
We do?? :wink:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »
Of course we do!! :evil:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline bak189

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »
Hey Sabat, I can't really say it was nice talking to you.......but it is my understanding that you are a important part of a fast sidecar team......with this in mind I would like to invite you and your team to the
2010 BUB Meet with your sidecar.....remember, you have the option of using ballast or a passenger....also you will able to race for $900.00 that I am putting up for the fastest sidecar in your class...............
($900.00 for normal sidecar....$900.00 for streamliner sidecar) However, if you set a record your engine will have to be torn down and measured.......hope we can meet up at the BUB........

PS. With all these posts I have certainly learned that all of the ECTA racers (at least the M/C people)
are one happy family......I like it......set a record, no engine measurement....run a sidecar no weight check....
they all trust each other....Boy, I wish all world wide racing operated that way....just have fun and go fast

I think with all these posts I have made my point.....and retire to the shop and have a cold-one plus
another one for DW..................Peace
How your shoulder, Murf
Question authority.....always

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »
Back to the photos....

Eric, you really manage to tuck in tight on such a small bike. :cheers:
Did you sort out the nitrous on your 250?

Thank you for the kind words. I have spent more time on body position than engine development at this stage. I do hope to sort out nitrous soon.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline sabat

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
Eric, in your experimentation with the tailsection, have you thought about filling in the space behind your butt? You have up to 40" I think in Modified.

Offline Warp12

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
bak189 Rob is an ECTA racer, that makes him family to all of us ECTA racers. WE as ECTA racers take offense to you speaking to one of our racers in such a condescending manor.

Yes, Bak...apparently only ECTA racers are allowed to speak to other ECTA racers in such a condescending manner.... :-D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:20:33 PM by Warp12 »

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »
Eric, in your experimentation with the tailsection, have you thought about filling in the space behind your butt? You have up to 40" I think in Modified.
Dean I need a whole new body. I have been just adding and subtracting from the bike to see what it dose. I want to build a new body BUT I am trying to have the worlds fastest Ninja 250 . So I need to keep it looking like a ninja 250 . That is getting more and more difficult as I go. I want to make a new Hump back there. But I think extending the swing arm and and making a smooth curve from back tire to back side will be a future project.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Warp12

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »
Dean I need a whole new body. I have been just adding and subtracting from the bike to see what it dose. I want to build a new body BUT I am trying to have the worlds fastest Ninja 250 . So I need to keep it looking like a ninja 250 . That is getting more and more difficult as I go. I want to make a new Hump back there. But I think extending the swing arm and and making a smooth curve from back tire to back side will be a future project.

Your bike looks fantastic. I remember when it was almost stock. It, and you, have come a long way!  Congrats again!  :-)