Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 21207 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: June Photos
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
You know, there's really no point in putting the wheel on a scale when it's obvious that the weight requirement is met. That's what we mean by integrity. We can weigh, measure & inspect everything and are free to do so if there is any question, doubt, challenge, discussion, request but it's not necessary and needlessly time consuming.

I've been through SCTA tech, they don't check every rule in the book to the letter of the written rule. It would take a day per vehicle.

This is the ECTA section, if you hate the ECTA so much then why not just stop visiting our section? I mean really, this is an event picture post &  we have multiple pages of "sidecar" bashing.  :roll:

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »
Back to the photos....

Eric, you really manage to tuck in tight on such a small bike. :cheers:
Did you sort out the nitrous on your 250?
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline bak189

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 11:31:43 AM »
It is quite obvious to me that some of the people racing on the East Coast are of the sensitive type........
My post regarding the pictured sidecar has nothing to do with the way ECTA runs their events or does their Tech. inspections.........It has everything to do with the way the sidecar class has evolved into
a class to get points and set open records not just at ECTA but also at SCTA/BNI and I suspect in the future it will also involve the "new" land speed racing clubs. The way the sidecar rules have been morphed over the original concept is what concerns me. My argument since, the first rule "changes" were made in 1987, have always been that we should get back to racing "real sidecars" which allow for the option of using a passenger.  I will note that my efforts have been somewhat successfull as the sidecar rules now
state (most org. use the SCTA/BNI rules) that a 12inch by 36inch platform is required thus making it somewhat of a sidecar as opposed to a "wheel on a steeeeek"  In addition the rules now demand that
ballast is required in the sidecar even though I feel that the 10% of the total outfit is not enough and that the international weight rule should be used of 60kg. These changes have been made in the rules
partly due to my "crusade" over the years.  Also as part of "the crusade" the BUB allows for the option
of using a passenger. And, Yes John, I did set a FIM run racing in Europe in the late 1980's.........
 OK. back to the pictures....... 

Question authority.....always

Offline sabat

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »
I understand your position, but your tone toward Rob's record and his INTEGRITY was totally uncalled for. You come off as an (edit, I apologize for the bad language), and that doesn't help your cause.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:11:56 PM by sabat »

Offline sabat

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
Being that most if not all the Land Racing Org's. except for the BUB are car based clubs, I was just wondering what the various officials/boards would do if proof was shown that one of their car classes
was not really as classified........and that they had been handing out points/trophy's/records for many years to a class that is in question..............?

"Real sidecars have passengers"  or at least follow the World Wide Rules of 60kg ballast..................

From Rob's last post it would seem to me that ECTA needs to work on their Tech. inspections.......I cannot
believe that Tom Evans (SCTA/BNI Tech.) would except "SCTA/BNI Integrity"

Congrats on your "record" Rob.........

Offline bak189

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »
Sabat......Thank you for your post.....BUT I have been called worse names by better people............

(As I note before "sensitive types)

Back to the pictures, which are outstanding

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for the answer however I had asked about FIM at Bubs.. :cheers:  FIM can kiss my audi..

Bob I hope I am one of those you speak of  :-D

Now back to your favorite daytime drama "As the Weeel turns"  :-D

Attempt at a thread jack..any "Maxton" racers been to Perth Australia..?

J

Offline bak189

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
No John, no FIM run at the BUB..........and John, for once I agree with you.....FIM has its problems........

Offline sabat

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
I guess no apology to Rob is forthcoming. Is it Rob's fault for building a legal ECTA sidecar? Is he worthy of your scorn? Perhaps you could direct your energy toward the sanctioning body, and not the individual racer, who plays within the rules to set records and have fun.

Oh well, back to the pictures.

Offline jl222

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 12:29:14 PM »

Bak... I woudn't call east coast racers sensitive when you go ape sh..t about monkeys :-o

JL222 :roll:

Offline DallasV

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »

From Rob's last post it would seem to me that ECTA needs to work on their Tech. inspections.......I cannot
believe that Tom Evans (SCTA/BNI Tech.) would except "SCTA/BNI Integrity"

Congrats on your "record" Rob.........

You realize that tech inspection at SCTA could care less if the vehicle is legal for the class or not. Only that it meets the safety requirements. Class legality is found in impound and disputed through formal protest.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline WildBro

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

But I have a different outlook on club and world records and that is this. AMA and FIM records can be broke anywhere in the world. As long as you can set up the track and get the right people there. So we are talking a world record. Now El Mirage on the other hand, I think if you want to break my record you have to come to El Mirage, join a club,go through tech, break my record, get your gas checked and tear your motor apart. Now since El Mirage is the only place in the galaxy that my record can be broken.... I consider it a galactic record. So what I'm really trying to say is that it's just the way you look at things sometimes that make you see the way they are. Humor is the best medicine.

Just some thoughts. Hope to see you all at Bonneville
     Willie Buchta

"Galactic record"  :cheers:

In a few years I hope there becomes a governing body for Mile LSR.  World Wide Timing Association (WWTA)  That will unify the now 7 or so tracks in the world (more coming) and you will be able to run for track, national, and world records at any of these tracks.  For now we are only governed by ourselves(Mile Racers) when it comes to inter-track speeds/records.  So far so good, no big disputs.
Sure wish Loring would add the mile traps on, so they also could be included

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline bak189

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Sabat....Read the post again.....I did congrats Rob on his "record".....(do you race a sidecar?)

DallasV....I assume you are talking about the 10% ballast ........the ballast rule was added for safety
so it becomes part of the Tech. inspection.....(I know you don't race a sidecar)

Jl222.....You are right I am "sensitive" about sidecar passengers...(do you race a sidecar?)

Back to the pictures.......

Offline jl222

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »

No bak I don't race a sidecar...but I have passed all of them after they had a 15 min head start

JL222

Offline dw230

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 01:56:27 PM »
I am so glad that I am not a part of this one.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth