Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 21178 times)

LittleLiner

Re: June Photos
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
9429 really ran down the course... Sad, really sad... nothing fell off?
the 9429 'car' is an example of cars running in the series known as 24 Hours of LeMons  
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
Coming from a oval track and road course series these cars are eligible for the ECTA Circle Track category.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »
I like the picture of 9232 car. How do you get a phantom flag in the back of the car? Im sure it's an illusion, but i would like it explained to me. Looks neat.

I also like the picture of the car with parachute coming out and hitting ground in the bag... Great photo.

The images are excellent, I wish I had 1% of that type of talent.

JonAmo

That blur behind the car is Seth's life flashing before his eyes as he runs 190+ with a 'chute deployment failure.

The chute failure  was caused by the release cable being 1/8" to long.... Seth IMMEDIATLY resolved that issue,, you can bet that won't happen again...Good thing he had decent brakes,,, he used up 99% of long shutdown and exited safely.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline t russell

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 09:53:54 PM »
We took 1.5 in. off his cable.The car has 12+ passes up until then with no issues.Allways have plan (B) just in case.Good brakes saved his butt!
terry

Offline willieworld

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »
charles  at el mirage the start to finish line is 1.3 miles the racer is timed the last 132 ft of the track --the computer in the timing tower takes the time and converts it to mph---is maxton timed the same way and what are the weather conditions there ---corrected altitude and temp.  i was comparing some maxton records with bonneville records and they are pretty much the same in the sidecar pushrod classes--i must be missing something --maybe its the air---anyway hope to see you all at bonneville  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
Great photos as always! I'm gonna have to order a CD. You caught one awesome one of Josh (1302) in the traps that I need on the wall in an 8x10! Oh & one down the end with Josh, Todd & Flipper! Another keeper!  :cheers: TJ on the gixxer, Nancy on the gixxer.... David, I'm so glad you're there to grab the shots I can't get!  Dean on both bikes & the fist pump! Had to be the record run! Just love it! Good stuff!!!

Sidecar chat... cruise thru David's full album on his site & you'll see more of the same sidecar with the wheel on the ground. And who ever said the wheel had to be 100% on the ground? Todd can fly a wheel with 400lbs on it so what's the difference. I thought good sidecar riders could do that with control? And yes, all the sidecars so far are weighted. Maybe not a precision weight & measurement job, but regardless it has been verified in tech. We do our best to adhear to the rules and to help others to do so. Maybe we don't weigh down to the smallest milligram or measure down to the last fraction of an inch, that minuscule amount of difference benefits nobody. Todd's current ride is rigid so you can bet you'll see a wheel up on our track, no telling which of three it will be or even all three at once but hey that's just racing at our track!  :-D

Thanks again David! You'll have an order from me as soon as I narrow it down!
Debbie :-D
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »
Willie,,, From start to finish we have 1 mile to run and yes we have timers at the end... same 132 foot deal ....we have .9 mile from finish to U turn at end of long shutdown to get stopped.

We are only a few hundred feet above sea level,,, sometimes we have very good air,,,sometimes not so good like in June but April, May and Oct the air is GREAT most of the time.... June and Sept it's a roll of the dice depending on humidity... but all in all you can make good HP here.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline tekebird

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »
sidecar cam  thanks to Todd Dross

Perspective: just inboard of the SC wheel and a few inches off the concrete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Z91jfH_NY

edited version with a trip around the pits will be done shortly

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
I remember the side hack Honda ... It had a dumbell attached to the platform out by outrigger wheel ... definitely legal.

LittleLiner

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »
Being that most if not all the Land Racing Org's. except for the BUB are car based clubs, I was just wondering what the various officials/boards would do if proof was shown that one of their car classes
was not really as classified........and that they had been handing out points/trophy's/records for many years to a class that is in question..............?

"Real sidecars have passengers"  or at least follow the World Wide Rules of 60kg ballast..................

From Rob's last post it would seem to me that ECTA needs to work on their Tech. inspections.......I cannot
believe that Tom Evans (SCTA/BNI Tech.) would except "SCTA/BNI Integrity"

Congrats on your "record" Rob.........

BAK189
OK . . I am typing very slowly so you can keep up . . . First the crack about "Being that most if not all the Land Racing Org's. except for the BUB are car based clubs. . ."     Says who?  Yes, BUB is for Bikes only.  But, most other organizations in LSR are open to BOTH bikes and cars.  Wide open.  Check the run logs for ECTA and you will note some meets where there are more passes by bikes than cars.  For several years ECTA has hosted a special bike event (along with the regular show) at the September meet.  Doesn't sound like a "Car based" organization to me.  The track record at maxton is held by a bike.  So the fasted record in what you call a 'car based club' is a bike record.

Second - the pompous crack about " . . . handing out points/trophy's/records  " - I think Jon addressed that in an earlier post.  Let me add to that.  Records aren't  'handed out.' They are awarded to drivers/riders that have earned them.  If you don't like this why don't you form your own organization and hand out your own records?

Please pardon the rest of us that have dared to compete without your personal blessing.  Are there any application forms that can be submitted to apply to be a member of your special elite circle?  Maybe then we can also claim to have met some "World Wide Rules" (whatever that means).

Third - speaking of the comment ". ."Real sidecars have passengers"  or at least follow the World Wide Rules of 60kg ballast.................." . I am under the impression that you are in fact a real expert in these matters and in sidecar issues specifically.   I'll grant you that.  Fine!  You know sidecars better than most.  Even so . . please stop this 'passengers' crusade.   Do you own a car or truck?  Even if you don't.  The next time you are driving or riding in a car or truck look at the interior. Notice those extra seats?  Yeah!  Real cars and trucks have passengers.  Even so, cars and trucks (except for rallying) don't race with passengers.  In fact many street motorcycles have seating for two.  But, two wheeled motorcycles don't race with passengers.  Get over it.  There was a vote on passengers in LSR sidecars.  You lost.  If you must race with a passenger, go roadracing.

Fourth - the integrity crack.  I know most of the officials and tech inspectors in the ECTA and I know many of the racers.  Questioning their integrity is uncalled for, rude and unacceptable.  Your apology is awaited.  

Last - What I find confusing is why you feel the need to criticize a racer you don't know that is racing with an organization at a venue where you have apparently not visited nor raced there.    I have met Rob and his wife.  I have seen them both spending several hours volunteering and working at the ECTA events.  I have talked to him in the staging lanes.  I have been impressed by his well maintained and prepared Honda 750.  He is an example of what is right about LSR.  

Someone posted above that they invited you to come to Maxton and race.  Let me point out that I do not second that invitation.

You signed your post with "Question authority.....always".  
What I have tried to do with this post is "Question self-appointed authority.....always"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 12:20:07 AM »
Willie,,, From start to finish we have 1 mile to run and yes we have timers at the end... same 132 foot deal ....we have .9 mile from finish to U turn at end of long shutdown to get stopped.

We are only a few hundred feet above sea level,,, sometimes we have very good air,,,sometimes not so good like in June but April, May and Oct the air is GREAT most of the time.... June and Sept it's a roll of the dice depending on humidity... but all in all you can make good HP here.

Charles

Charles,

The shut down info is good to hear..Maxton has more shutdown and ElMo has a little more run up area.

At Maxton the top speed record is only 272 and at El Mirage it is 312 or so..more room to get to speed with 3/4 the traction is interesting however doing it with less traction must mean more down force?

Good thing for Todd is that Bob Moreland (SDRC) built the sidecar rigs that Todd and I both have ridden, Bob knows his stuff.

Congrats to Todd for leading the ECTA points championship for the bikes with the Bob Moreland build chassis sidecar rig/Weeeel ona steeeek...  :-D  :cheers:

John

Offline willieworld

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »
This is going to be a long letter....
I guess that maybe I started all of this by the crack I made about a wheel on a steeek. When I first started racing I built a sidecar bike and everyone called it a wheel on a stick(which offended me greatly). Although John Noonan and I belong to different clubs, I think we both decided that we would start calling our bikes a wheel on a steeek and maybe people would quit using that term(and most people have). Now its kind of used in a humorous way but I guess my West coast humor wasn't caught on the East coast, but now you know.
As far as Bob Bakker's concerned, he has been racing and building sidecars for at least 50 years. And he is still doing it to this day. As a matter of fact, Bob Bakker wrote the sidecar rules for the SCTA. Which is followed very, very closely by the ECTA. The rules are the same for the sidecar class. I think what Bob was trying to say in his post is there is a difference between club records, national records and world records. The FIM is a World record racing club, which means that you can break the record anywhere in the world. And if you break the record it cancels out any other record in that class. Now as far as club records, he's talking about El Mirage in Southern California. Where you have to belong to one of the car clubs to race there and break a record. And that record can only be broke at El Mirage. So, a BNI record, an ECTA record, Maxton, Loring, USFRA and DLRA records do not count at El Mirage. That's a lot of peoples take on world vs. club records. And I completely understand where they are coming from.
But I have a different outlook on club and world records and that is this. AMA and FIM records can be broke anywhere in the world. As long as you can set up the track and get the right people there. So we are talking a world record. Now El Mirage on the other hand, I think if you want to break my record you have to come to El Mirage, join a club,go through tech, break my record, get your gas checked and tear your motor apart. Now since El Mirage is the only place in the galaxy that my record can be broken.... I consider it a galactic record. So what I'm really trying to say is that it's just the way you look at things sometimes that make you see the way they are. Humor is the best medicine.

Just some thoughts. Hope to see you all at Bonneville
     Willie Buchta
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:18:20 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »
john  i may be wrong  but i think they moved the back door 1 mile from the finish line this year   willie
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:14:30 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bak189

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 01:03:14 AM »
"Little Liner"  .....From your reply it is quite apparent that you are new to LSR......it is also quite apparent you know very little about LSR sidecars and the politics involved....You also noted that if I wanted to race our sidecar with a passenger I should go roadracing (been there done that) with that statement you are again indicating to me your lack of knowledge about LSR sidecars and the sport in general...............
We have raced the BUB all M/C  meet since the first one Denis promoted with our sidecar using a passenger.......BUB, AMA, FIM, gives the sidecar racers the option of a passenger OR 60kg of ballast.....

However, I would like to thank you for your long reply......it made for interesting reading................

Question authority.....always

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 02:42:55 AM »
BB,

Because I am not sure, have you entered and also set an FIM "World Record" while competing at the Bubs all motorcycle time trials.

J

PS.  I have never entered the FIM classes for the side car we have.

J

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 06:06:07 AM »
Being that most if not all the Land Racing Org's. except for the BUB are car based clubs, I was just wondering what the various officials/boards would do if proof was shown that one of their car classes
was not really as classified........and that they had been handing out points/trophy's/records for many years to a class that is in question..............?

"Real sidecars have passengers"  or at least follow the World Wide Rules of 60kg ballast..................

From Rob's last post it would seem to me that ECTA needs to work on their Tech. inspections.......I cannot
believe that Tom Evans (SCTA/BNI Tech.) would except "SCTA/BNI Integrity"

Congrats on your "record" Rob.........

What is wrong with you ? Sir... you have no right to say something like that .

Do enjoy your record Rob .You earned it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:12:30 AM by racer x »
Thank you to all the volunteers