Author Topic: June Photos  (Read 21204 times)

Offline hombre_1

• New folks
Re: June Photos
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »
Thats me on the side car rig.  The track surface is such that in a few places the wheel leaves the track.  That's not so bad, but moments later it lands again; I'd prefer it stayed on the track.  The way that particular rig is attached/suspended it would be impossible to fly the car unless you were in a very (very, very) hard left turn. 

Having a passenger in the car is not allowed by ECTA rules, but that sounds cool.  I think my Mom might be up for it.

It is true that they don't scale my rig at the track, but I scale it at home and I have ECTA integrity. 
Who would cheat while running on an open record??

Rob

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »
I was gonna comment that the suspension on the sidecar is VERY flexible -- I saw Mr. Hombre1 doing a turn to the left - away from the car -- and noticed then that the car didn't fly even when he leaned the bike away from it.  Maybe too flexible -- I'm not a hack rider so don't know anything about riding one of 'em -- but I know what I saw and thought I might spread the word.

And now I have commented.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bak189

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »
Being that most if not all the Land Racing Org's. except for the BUB are car based clubs, I was just wondering what the various officials/boards would do if proof was shown that one of their car classes
was not really as classified........and that they had been handing out points/trophy's/records for many years to a class that is in question..............?

"Real sidecars have passengers"  or at least follow the World Wide Rules of 60kg ballast..................

From Rob's last post it would seem to me that ECTA needs to work on their Tech. inspections.......I cannot
believe that Tom Evans (SCTA/BNI Tech.) would except "SCTA/BNI Integrity"

Congrats on your "record" Rob.........
Question authority.....always

Offline sabat

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
bak189, I think your opinion is now crystal clear. Luckily for Rob, it's just that, your opinion. In the eyes of the ECTA, Rob's sidecar is legal, and his records are valid. Hopefully that is acceptable.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
If a vehicle is allowed under the rules of an organisation and sets a record under those rules -- how could it NOT be a record?

It might not be a record under another group's rules -- but that's beside the point.  So -- how could a class be in question if the vehicle fits the present club's rule with no variations? 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tekebird

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
this vid from another thread shows the Bumpyness of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKvh8WfA4Ik

Bikes also "fly" thier wheels from time to time on this track due to the nature of the track........

Guess that makes them Unimotorcycles in BAKs book

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
9429 really ran down the course... Sad, really sad... nothing fell off?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline dwphotos

• New folks
    • DW Photos Online
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
Thanks you guys for all the compliments. And Freud, it was great talking to you today.
Sorry guys. I sure didn't mean to stir up the doo doo with that sidecar shot. :? I just thought it looked pretty cool.
See ya'll in Sept.

DW

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
"Your panning is excellent.
FREUD"

Fredu -- Was that quote directed to dw or Bakker?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline WildBro

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
bak189, how about you bring your rig to Maxton and show us what you got.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
Rob,

Please understand I was not noting your bike was illegal or in the wrong class, it was a most excellent picture at a time when I am sure you hit a bump on the Maxton racing service, I to have made a few passes on a sidecar and understand what happened.  I have also ran a few times at Maxton and know of the surface where some others here may not.

Perhaps you can show others a few close up pictures of your rig to show the minimum weight has been applied, I at times had to add 300 pounds to get the bike to hook up on the dirt at El Mirage..

What year is your SOHC?

I had a 78SS and currently have a 75 400-4

Congrats on your record and your racing accomplishments, sometimes getting there and back is the hardest part.. :cheers:

John

landracing

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
I like the picture of 9232 car. How do you get a phantom flag in the back of the car? Im sure it's an illusion, but i would like it explained to me. Looks neat.

I also like the picture of the car with parachute coming out and hitting ground in the bag... Great photo.

The images are excellent, I wish I had 1% of that type of talent.

JonAmo

Offline willieworld

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 08:48:30 PM »
sorry ecta  didnt mean to stir up anything--- for anyone running a side car and tech inspectors you should read   7.I.11A   --if you guys think that track is bumpy you all should come to el mirage and run at the end of the day--my sidecar rig is ridged on all three corners and ive had all three wheels off the ground ---your track is always the same  el mirage changes at every race and sometimes after every run     i dont know about bob but i would love to come back there and race you guys-- what are the records for  the 1000 cc sc-pg and pf records i have ran 135 in gas and 141 in fuel at el mirage  ( 4000 ft at 100 degrees )--i only have the records from 08  for the ecta ---checked map quest 5400 + miles 540 gal of gas 3 dollars a gal = 1620 dollars ---its on my bucket list---if i just had a gas sponsor  --maybe next year---the wheel on a steeeek is an ongoing thing between noonan and bakker and i   --no harm intended ---if i can run 135 mph there will i need a front brake--thanks   willie buchta

real sidecars are ones that make it through tech  end of story                
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »
I like the picture of 9232 car. How do you get a phantom flag in the back of the car? Im sure it's an illusion, but i would like it explained to me. Looks neat.

I also like the picture of the car with parachute coming out and hitting ground in the bag... Great photo.

The images are excellent, I wish I had 1% of that type of talent.

JonAmo

That blur behind the car is Seth's life flashing before his eyes as he runs 190+ with a 'chute deployment failure.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
Willie,

The SC-PG 1000 record is just under 99mph (98.75xx mph)   the PF is open.

Come on and have fun with us,,, you may want some suspension.......but Joe on the Iron dog  Buell goes 150 on a rigid with no seat or padding,,,, he just talks a few octives higher after each run..

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com