Author Topic: more from this new guy  (Read 1680 times)

Offline uncle larry

• New folks
more from this new guy
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi back to Fred and Steve...have not figured out how to answer individually, so trying this.  For Fred...no, have not been to Bonneville yet, but see the floating mountain in my sleep every night.  Someday I'll figure out a way.  And Steve, I noticed that you are from Daytona Beach.  I have a friend near there, Sig Haugdaul, Jr.  Sig's dad was the first to break 3 miles a minute on the beach at Daytona in the Wisconsin Special in 1922.  Sig Jr. was in his mother's arms as an infant when Frank Lockhart got killed there in 1928.  A most interesting man at 87 now...he'll get a kick that I'm conversing with you folks.    Thanks to you both for replying...I'll get the details on how to post to individuals as time goes by.  I'm slow...dropped too many transmissions on my head as a youth.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: more from this new guy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »
Uncle Larry -- you can send either direct emails or "private messages" using the Forum as your starting point.  For the emails -- put your cursor on the tiny little "envelope" on the left side of a post on the Forum and click.  That'll take you to your email client (program) and set you up with a blank form -- preaddressed to the person whose post you were at.

The "PM" is available when you put the cursor on the little rectangular speech balloon with an arrow point down and to the right on the bottom -- immediately to the right of the email envelope, then click.  That'll set you up with a preaddressed for for a message to the Forum member on whose post you chose to click.

A PM sent to you will show up in your "messages" tab when you log in to the Forum, and you'll also get an emailed announcement of it -- IF YOU CHOOSE to in your registration/personal information page.  Thye email will arrive like all other incoming emails get to you.

Okay?  Ask for more help if you'd like -- we all are kinda clunky when getting started on this Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: more from this new guy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
edit....comment superceded.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:08:18 PM by 4-barrel Mike »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!